Help with booked cruise

Hi all,

I originally booked a cruise through a large online travel agency for last September which I cancelled and moved my deposit to a cruise for this past February. 

I then ended up doing lift & shift directly through the Royal Caribbean website and moved this cruise to March of 2022. I contacted Royal Caribbean because I wanted to know what my final payment date was and how much I owe. They say they cannot help me because it was originally done through the large online agency.

I have contacted the large online agency and they say they cannot help me because they show that reservation number as cancelled and they do not show that I changed the cruise to March of 2022. The cruise is in my Royal Caribbean account and it shows in Royal’s system. 

has anyone experienced this before? I am not sure who I should be contacting about my cruise, it seems like it is in limbo and no one can help me. 

5 minutes ago, soremekun said:

You can either use the app or log in online.  There should be a reservation number associated with the existing cruise.  The TA is unable to assist using *that* reservation number?

I do have the Royal Caribbean reservation number. When I log into my Royal Caribbean account, the cruise shows but there is not an option to make a payment.

When I log into my account with the online agency, it shows that booking number as cancelled. I have also called them and they say  they cannot help me because they don’t show that I ever changed the cruise. 

4 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

I do have the Royal Caribbean reservation number. When I log into my Royal Caribbean account, the cruise shows but there is not an option to make a payment.

When I log into my account with the online agency, it shows that booking number as cancelled. I have also called them and they say  they cannot help me because they don’t show that I ever changed the cruise. 

Call your TA back. Ask them to go to cruising power and request a reservation confirmation using the booking number.  It will take them all of 30  seconds to see that they/you still have an active booking. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Call your TA back. Aske them to go to cruising power and request a reservation confirmation using the booking number.  It will take them all of 30  seconds to see that they/you still have an active booking. 

Thank you, I will try that!

You might want to call Crown and Anchor and see if they or resolutions can help once you explained what the agency told you.  Maybe Royal will now be willing to take over the booking so that you don’t lose your money or the cruise. 

Larry

16 hours ago, redsox1584 said:

Check the date when you can access the payment page. Usually a few weeks before the cruise.

Just checked on mine/. It says they will send me an email when I can check in. I would think you can make a payment after you check in. I have my TA do that. Whoever you are using. Call back and ask for a supervisor to get it straightened out. Royal should never allowed you to change anything. Once you use a TA, and that is a good thing. They are the only ones who can do anything for that booked cruise. 

If you are High Up with Crown and Anchor, you can call them and they are able to help you.

I just called the travel agency back and they said they’re having difficulties with their system and to call back in 2 hours…but I did explain the situation to the rep and she said it does make sense she just can’t access my reservation at the current time…I will call back later tonight to see if they can help

Another update…what a mess I made lol. I called the travel agency back and they couldn’t access my booking number in their system so they called Royal. I guess when I did the Lift & Shift it messed something up in the system and the reservation shows on Royal’s end but not my travel agency’s end. I should have had the TA do the L&S and not done it myself through the Royal website. 

My travel agency has to get a manager involved to try to bring the booking back over to them if that is possible. The rep from my TA was able to obtain my final payment date and payment amount at least. The rep explained if they can’t get the booking back over to them then Royal needs to be able to service the reservation and help if I call them. He also said since it’s the weekend I may not hear anything until next week.  

Oh well at least my reservation is active I just don’t know who to make a payment to lol. 

1 hour ago, redsox1584 said:

Another update…what a mess I made lol. I called the travel agency back and they couldn’t access my booking number in their system so they called Royal. I guess when I did the Lift & Shift it messed something up in the system and the reservation shows on Royal’s end but not my travel agency’s end. I should have had the TA do the L&S and not done it myself through the Royal website. 

My travel agency has to get a manager involved to try to bring the booking back over to them if that is possible. The rep from my TA was able to obtain my final payment date and payment amount at least. The rep explained if they can’t get the booking back over to them then Royal needs to be able to service the reservation and help if I call them. He also said since it’s the weekend I may not hear anything until next week.  

Oh well at least my reservation is active I just don’t know who to make a payment to lol. 

someone from the TA called me back and said I had to call Royal and have them transfer the booking. I then called Royal and as far as they are concerned it is booked under the TA so they have no idea why the TA can’t access the booking.  I know I’m not allowed to mention the online TA here but I am not very happy with them right now.  

The Royal representative reminded me there’s a cruise planner sale going on until Monday in case I wanted to book any drink packages or excursions 🙄

Edited by redsox1584

On 6/24/2021 at 8:58 PM, Larryhnj said:

You might want to call Crown and Anchor and see if they or resolutions can help once you explained what the agency told you.  Maybe Royal will now be willing to take over the booking so that you don’t lose your money or the cruise. 

Larry

I did ask them if they can take over the booking and they said they couldn’t because the original booking was made so long ago 

20 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

someone from the TA called me back and said I had to call Royal and have them transfer the booking. I then called Royal and as far as they are concerned it is booked under the TA so they have no idea why the TA can’t access the booking.  I know I’m not allowed to mention the online TA here but I am not very happy with them right now.  

The Royal representative reminded me there’s a cruise planner sale going on until Monday in case I wanted to book any drink packages or excursions 🙄

As a TA I can tell you that this is all your TA's fault and has nothing to do with Royal.  as long as it is still the sane reservation number your TA has access to it.  Doing a lift and shift would not  affect anything. 

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As a TA I can tell you that this is all your TA's fault and has nothing to do with Royal.  as long as it is still the sane reservation number your TA has access to it.  Doing a lift and shift would not  affect anything. 

I kind of figured it was the TA’s fault.  It is the same reservation number. As far as Royal is concerned the booking is active on their end. 

• Like 1

I did a Lift and Shift for a January 2021 cruise to the same cruies in Jan 2022. Booked via online TA who had a good group rate and promos. Did the L&S via Royal Caribbean website form that used to be there in those days. Few days later got a reply from Royal that it was done. And TA sent us an updated invocie with new dates.

23 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I did a Lift and Shift for a January 2021 cruise to the same cruies in Jan 2022. Booked via online TA who had a good group rate and promos. Did the L&S via Royal Caribbean website form that used to be there in those days. Few days later got a reply from Royal that it was done. And TA sent us an updated invocie with new dates.

I also used the online form on the Royal website for the L&S. I cannot find the confirmation email from Royal but the new cruise is on my Royal account. I never got anything from the TA however.

On 6/25/2021 at 9:24 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

@Ourusualbeach if I wanted to cancel I would have to go through the TA correct? Honestly I am so frustrated with this whole thing I am ready to just cancel the cruise

I just spoke to the TA again and the rep was actually extremely helpful this time. She got her supervisor involved as well. Apparently there was some sort of disconnect when I did the L&S but they say they’re going to get the reservation transferred to them and I should receive a new invoice in 24-48 hours and then it should show up in my account with the TA. We’ll see…I’ll believe it when I see it. 

Edited by redsox1584

I got an updated invoice from the TA!! It’s a miracle. 

23 hours ago, redsox1584 said:

I just spoke to the TA again and the rep was actually extremely helpful this time. She got her supervisor involved as well. Apparently there was some sort of disconnect when I did the L&S but they say they’re going to get the reservation transferred to them and I should receive a new invoice in 24-48 hours and then it should show up in my account with the TA. We’ll see…I’ll believe it when I see it. 

• Like 1