Martini Bar

SailorJack

17 minutes ago, downsmead said:

It’s not a 100% vaxed sailing, children are allowed on board, and since it covers the U.K. school holidays, I suspect it may be a similar 95% to the USA ones. Though they won’t be at the Martini bar (we hope). We are on the 17th July sailing so can feedback then.

Have an awesome trip.  Hopefully our two nations can get together on easing travel restrictions so we can fly to LHR as planned and spend a few days before the Silhouette TA.

42 minutes ago, marieps said:

Have an awesome trip.  Hopefully our two nations can get together on easing travel restrictions so we can fly to LHR as planned and spend a few days before the Silhouette TA.

Keeping fingers crossed for you, can’t wait to see the Silhouette after her refit, and to be on a cruise again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

The Martini Bar outgrew its space on Celebrity ships. One of the most popular venues strained at times to accommodate the number of guests seeking to join an affable crowd at a popular nightspot. Not an overly large seating area beyond the good size bar, that crowd would spill over into the walkway on occasion.

With the Edge class cruise ships comes a different kind of Martini Bar. It’s more confined now to its own very large space, not the bar itself but the area around it. Unfortunately, the personality and character and the inevitable interactive confabs between fun-loving adults is greatly modified. It is a different vibe, if you will, but still a nice place to relax.

Enjoy the Silhouette version of the Martini Bar. Your AI will be fine for certain drinks. For a minimal charge, once on the ship and at the MB, you can upgrade to the premium package should you desire. There are many other nice, more relaxed places to enjoy ship time, with or without a drink. You must take your gregarious personalities to the MB at least once. It might be the most fun place onboard.

Cool! The martini bar was where we hung out with friends on our Celebrity Immersion Cruise through the Orient a few years back.  Was kinda looking to do a 2.0 on this upcoming cruise.

1 hour ago, CruiserRob said:

Does this mean we can look forward to another awesome Sailor Jack review? 🙂

LOL. I haven't written a review for  a while now.  My last review was actually a Celebrity review and can be seen at the top of my signature.  That said...maybe 🙂 

Jack

3 hours ago, cheraz said:

I know this is completely random, but have any of you been in one of the Hump Cabins on the S-Class ships?  If so, which is the best in your opinion for privacy and size?  I'm trying to plan post covid celebrations for our:

60th Birthday/30th Anniversary/60th birthday #2/ Possible Renewal of Vows. 🥂

Thank you!

I believe the 3rd cabin from the center of the ship is largest

Was reading this thread and thinking  of AI (Always Included?) and its marketing by Celebrity.  I would believe that many guests would want the 'good' martini's and they are NOT included as I understand without the up-charge which would mean they are not included in the standard AI promotion. I do not think it is a small size (included) vs a larger portion size (up-charge required).  

I found this on Celebrity's website:

Elevate Package

Make your vacation extra special by treating yourself to one of our premium cruise vacation packages. Our Elevate Package comes with all of the perks included in our standard rate, as well as unlimited specialty drinks and up to $200 to spend on shore excursions. Sip on craft beers, premium wines, or freshly squeezed juices in our restaurants and bars. Use your credits to sign up for thrilling excursions, such as snorkeling or guided tours around each port destination.

We paid some uncharge$$$ and have, I think is called the Indulge level of AI on our upcoming cruise in December of this year.

Guess 'unlimited' doesn't mean free or all the specialty drinks!?   Just the ones that are cheaper than the Indulge package ones.

Let me know if I misunderstood my TA.

Sailer Jack, hope you  and Sailer Jill have a great cruise and hope too you do give us one of your delightful reviews.

Edited by shipshape sam

21 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

Was reading this thread and thinking  of AI (Always Included?) and its marketing by Celebrity.  I would believe that many guests would want the 'good' martini's and they are NOT included as I understand without the up-charge which would mean they are not included in the standard AI promotion. I do not think it is a small size (included) vs a larger portion size (up-charge required).  

I found this on Celebrity's website:

Elevate Package

Make your vacation extra special by treating yourself to one of our premium cruise vacation packages. Our Elevate Package comes with all of the perks included in our standard rate, as well as unlimited specialty drinks and up to $200 to spend on shore excursions. Sip on craft beers, premium wines, or freshly squeezed juices in our restaurants and bars. Use your credits to sign up for thrilling excursions, such as snorkeling or guided tours around each port destination.

We paid some uncharge$$$ and have, I think is called the Indulge level of AI on our upcoming cruise in December of this year.

Guess 'unlimited' doesn't mean free or all the specialty drinks!?   Just the ones that are cheaper than the Indulge package ones.

Let me know if I misunderstood my TA.

Sailer Jack, hope you  and Sailer Jill have a great cruise and hope too you do give us one of your delightful reviews.

Hey Sam:

Indulge gets you the Premium Bev pkg, which will include all cocktails up to $15.  You also get OBC that can be spent on anything, not just excursions.  Cruisestitch put out a great list recently on another thread of all the stuff on which you can spend OBC.