Martini Bar

SailorJack

We have just booked our first cruise on Celebrity under the "Always Included" program.  I watched a U-tube video and came away with the impression that you had to upgrade to the premium drink package in order to visit the martini bar.  Can anyone enlighten me on this ?

Thanks

Jack

Anyone can get a drink at the Martini Bar. But, if you have the classic package, you will be charged the difference in price between your package top  price, $9 ,and the price of the drink, plus gratuity.  Most drinks at the Martini Bar are $15.

Just now, 39august said:

Anyone can get a drink at the Martini Bar. But, if you have the classic package, you will be charged the difference in price between your package top  price, $9 ,and the price of the drink, plus gratuity.  Most drinks at the Martini Bar are $15.

Well, most martinis anyway.  You can certainly order a gin and tonic or anything you like there that's on the classic pkg and pay no extra.   

• Like 1

You can visit,  they have wine and other drinks included in the Classic Package.   The special martinis are an upcharge though if you only have the Classic,  I think they are $15.50.   You would pay the difference + 20% tip.

• Like 1

Anyone can visit the Martini Bar. The AI Drink Package is the Classic Package. That does not cover the cost of the regular martinis served there. You can order a drink that falls within the $9.00 price point. If you want the martinis that are on the menu, you will be charged the difference plus 20% gratuity on the difference. That is about an additional $5.00 + $1.00 gratuity. 

8 minutes ago, SailorJack said:

We have just booked our first cruise on Celebrity under the "Always Included" program.  I watched a U-tube video and came away with the impression that you had to upgrade to the premium drink package in order to visit the martini bar.  Can anyone enlighten me on this ?

Thanks

Jack

I'm curious as to what ship you booked, because the Edge class Martini Bar is far different than the S or M class.  If you expect to find the icy bar top, you won't on Edge or Apex.

The oval iced bar is not on Edge and I guess not on Apex.  Greatly miss it.  You can enjoy the drinks but limited space at the half-size bar and you sit at tables and miss all the fun of other guests and watching the bartenders do their thing. One of the things I miss most on the new ships.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marieps said:

I'm curious as to what ship you booked, because the Edge class Martini Bar is far different than the S or M class.  If you expect to find the icy bar top, you won't on Edge or Apex.

We are on the Silhouette.  Many thanks to everyone who responded.

Jack

The Martini Bar is a profit center for the ship. To me, the biggest plus to visiting the Martini Bar, no matter what you drink, is the bartenders. They put the most personable bartenders into the Martini Bar to help draw in the buesiness. Many are extremely clever and funny!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GlobalMethod said:

The Martini Bar is a profit center for the ship. To me, the biggest plus to visiting the Martini Bar, no matter what you drink, is the bartenders. They put the most personable bartenders into the Martini Bar to help draw in the buesiness. Many are extremely clever and funny!

I agree, the bartenders are great fun and have spent many an hour at the bar. Interesting with the advent of AI, it may no longer be the profit Center for the ship!

My husband has been able to order a regular vodka martini at the martini bar on at least one ship... it has been a while...but we specified that we wanted one covered under the package.. as I recall it was a regular size martini and not the larger one that is a special of the martini bar. I have been told you can't do this... but he did... however... it has been a while... so perhaps he got lucky.

The Martini Bar outgrew its space on Celebrity ships. One of the most popular venues strained at times to accommodate the number of guests seeking to join an affable crowd at a popular nightspot. Not an overly large seating area beyond the good size bar, that crowd would spill over into the walkway on occasion.

With the Edge class cruise ships comes a different kind of Martini Bar. It’s more confined now to its own very large space, not the bar itself but the area around it. Unfortunately, the personality and character and the inevitable interactive confabs between fun-loving adults is greatly modified. It is a different vibe, if you will, but still a nice place to relax.

Enjoy the Silhouette version of the Martini Bar. Your AI will be fine for certain drinks. For a minimal charge, once on the ship and at the MB, you can upgrade to the premium package should you desire. There are many other nice, more relaxed places to enjoy ship time, with or without a drink. You must take your gregarious personalities to the MB at least once. It might be the most fun place onboard.

Edited by Spif Barwunkel

7 hours ago, downsmead said:

I have seen photos which say table service only at the bars 😞. Presumably this means it is unlikely that you will be able to sit at the Martini bar, and they may not ‘ice’ the bar because of this. 

With only Edge and Apex sailing, we will have to wait for a Live from Equinox thread to get the skinny on this.

8 minutes ago, downsmead said:

Silhouette is sailing from the 3rd July

That's an all British sailing.  Not sure it's apples to apples.  Considering it's 100% vaxed, it's more likely the bar will be open.   

So if the martini bar drinks are now $15.50 it would seem that even the premium drink package doesn’t cover the price fully.  It’s been a few years since I’ve been on the solstice class ships but my memory was that the premium package always covered them. 

14 minutes ago, ev8876 said:

So if the martini bar drinks are now $15.50 it would seem that even the premium drink package doesn’t cover the price fully.  It’s been a few years since I’ve been on the solstice class ships but my memory was that the premium package always covered them. 

This has been my experience as well.  I've even been served the high dollar Old fashioned at World Class Bar without upcharge.  Not always, but a few times.

18 minutes ago, ev8876 said:

Greetings

The fancy martinis are $15 or $18.  The menu says $18 for "large format" whatever that means.

Good Sailing

Tom

Most of the package pricing lists the liquor, but there is a section on cocktails that says:

"Craft cocktails, large martinis, and long drinks, all made with Premium Beverage Package spirits"

under the premium package. The top dollar value is supposed to be $15 under the premium package.

I know this is completely random, but have any of you been in one of the Hump Cabins on the S-Class ships?  If so, which is the best in your opinion for privacy and size?  I'm trying to plan post covid celebrations for our:

60th Birthday/30th Anniversary/60th birthday #2/ Possible Renewal of Vows. 🥂

Thank you!

1 hour ago, marieps said:

That's an all British sailing.  Not sure it's apples to apples.  Considering it's 100% vaxed, it's more likely the bar will be open.   

It’s not a 100% vaxed sailing, children are allowed on board, and since it covers the U.K. school holidays, I suspect it may be a similar 95% to the USA ones. Though they won’t be at the Martini bar (we hope). We are on the 17th July sailing so can feedback then.