HAL Website Trouble on iPad

mrmac

Two things to try, first, rotate your iPad if it appears the page has not fully loaded. 

close your other apps.  Here is how. Rapidly double click the home button and it will show all open apps (that you thought were closed). Up sweep the apps to disappear them and now it is really closed.   See if that doesn’t help

• Like 1

It is a case of bad project management by not having adequate test cases for browser compatibility.  At my place we look at the browser footprint and determine what will still be "supported" so QA can test.  But I can say Safari on any Apple device is not something they even remotely test for.

Maybe when I am bored I will look at their page source and compare HAL, Princess, Carnival, Seabourn and work out how much is shared code.    Also all four use Akamai and from there I can test pre and post CDN performance.   That alone may need a bottle of bourbon to deal with the damage it will do to me.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 11:53 PM, mrmac said:

Anyone else have trouble navigating the Hal website when you try to edit your account, etc.?

I had to make several tries before the site allowed me to enter my onboard credit card account info. I am still unable to book after cruise ship to airport transporation as it gives me an error. Site is not particularly user friendly.

4 hours ago, silversneakers said:

I am still unable to book after cruise ship to airport transporation as it gives me an error.

Why not just wait and book it on board? It will save you the aggravation of trying to get the website to work, plus the amount will count toward the $300/day spending for another Mariner Day! 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Why not just wait and book it on board? It will save you the aggravation of trying to get the website to work, plus the amount will count toward the $300/day spending for another Mariner Day! 

Hi Ruth, doesn’t spending on excursions and transfers count toward your Mariner points regardless of when you buy them?

1 hour ago, RuthC said:

1 hour ago, RuthC said:

Thank you.  I just booked Seattle Express from hotel to pier/pier to airport. I don't have the patience to be aggravated.....that's just me!

3 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Hi Ruth, doesn’t spending on excursions and transfers count toward your Mariner points regardless of when you buy them?

Spending for excursions does; transfers is another issue. My memory isn't what it used to be, but IIRC, when I have purchased the transfers in advance through my TA, it has counted as part of my fare, and not toward on-board spending. 
I KNOW when purchased on board, it has counted toward my Mariner Days. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RuthC said:

Spending for excursions does; transfers is another issue. My memory isn't what it used to be, but IIRC, when I have purchased the transfers in advance through my TA, it has counted as part of my fare, and not toward on-board spending. 
I KNOW when purchased on board, it has counted toward my Mariner Days. 

Thank you.  I guess I had never given it any thought.  

So far the last few days, the pull down menus to complete online check in would not populate (security question, country, etc) so I gave up.

Just tried now and was able to get them to work except at the page entering credit card info. The pull down menu for card type would not populate.  

That seems to be all that I am lacking....I'll wait a few days and try again.....I've got 100 days until I board.

I gave feedback on the incredibly slow response in my bookings using iPad Safari, and they suggested I use Chrome.  I used Chrome and reported the incredibly slow response in my bookings.  After I finally get into managing my bookings, Chrome will do a few things Safari won’t.  HAL needs to work on this.

On 6/26/2021 at 5:38 PM, Mary229 said:

Two things to try, first, rotate your iPad if it appears the page has not fully loaded. 

close your other apps.  Here is how. Rapidly double click the home button and it will show all open apps (that you thought were closed). Up sweep the apps to disappear them and now it is really closed.   See if that doesn’t help

I just did the dbl click as suggested here and up sweep….a big help. Thank you. Had never seen this before. 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 6:50 PM, PreOtter said:

I gave feedback on the incredibly slow response in my bookings using iPad Safari, and they suggested I use Chrome.  I used Chrome and reported the incredibly slow response in my bookings.  After I finally get into managing my bookings, Chrome will do a few things Safari won’t.  HAL needs to work on this.

I’m having the trouble using Chrome.