Splitting Entrées at Fahrenheit 555

lcapo511

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

For the next few hears there will be cruisers with extra obc wanting to book more pay restaurants than usual. I know I have one booked with extra obc, not the others.

I plan on trying to eat in a pay venue every night if I can book it. One steak house, maybe 3 JiJis because I like it better. Reservations are going to be tight. 

How did you use OBC to book? We have $200 OBC and when I booked the steakhouse, for Sept cruise, it made me pay then and there. Didn't use our OBC. Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, laumicmah said:

How did you use OBC to book? We have $200 OBC and when I booked the steakhouse, for Sept cruise, it made me pay then and there. Didn't use our OBC. Thanks in advance!

I didnt say I'm already booked. I said IF I can book I want to eat every night in a pay restaurant. That with so much obc floating around I think it's going to be much harder, plus social distancing. People will want to eat in specialty more than ever. It's going to be much harder to book once onboard. 

Higher food prices and covid protocols, I'd be very surprised if these places allowed people to not pay. Maybe if you put them on the spot about paying and make a ruckus .. but dont count and rebooking. Let people willing to pay use these venues. 

18 hours ago, lcapo511 said:

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone has had the opportunity to have dinner at Fahrenheit 555 and split one plate with their husband or wife.  I want to take my Father and Mother In-Law but they both will not eat an entire steak or meal by themselves. They are 75 years old and don't eat much. Would this be a problem?  

Thanks in advance,

Luis

They do not allow it. I checked for me and my wife. Have them go on the first night. They will receive a free bottle of red or white wine. Sometimes they offer it on the second night. The price is only $29.00 each including the gratuity. Have one order a steak and the other something smaller. They have several options. Any choice is excellent. 

2 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

They do not allow it. I checked for me and my wife. Have them go on the first night. They will receive a free bottle of red or white wine. Sometimes they offer it on the second night. The price is only $29.00 each including the gratuity. Have one order a steak and the other something smaller. They have several options. Any choice is excellent. 

My mistake yes. $38.00 pp. A great price for everything you receive. Have never been disappointed. My wife will take her desert to the cabin and stick it in the fridge for later or the next day. We always do the steak house on every cruise. 

52 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

They will receive a free bottle of red or white wine.

The by-the-glass wines are better than the cheaper stuff they give you (IMHO), and since we get Cheers it makes sense to go that way (unless in danger of hitting 15 eventually!).  So we treated ourselves to an expensive bottle at 50% off.  But probably wouldn't bother next time, the by-the-glass wines are more than good enough IMHO (they aren't super fantastic, by any means), especially if my palate has already been tainted by a Twilight Zone or Tequila Sunrise...

But without Cheers, def go for the free bottle.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
adding IMHOs and other caveat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

... So we treated ourselves to an expensive bottle at 50% off.  ...

THIS

At 1/2 price, the normally pricey ($80-200ish) wines/champagnes become somewhat more reasonable (usually for less then they'd cost at a liquor store on land)!

Tom

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

The by-the-glass wines are better than the cheaper stuff they give you (IMHO), and since we get Cheers it makes sense to go that way (unless in danger of hitting 15 eventually!).  So we treated ourselves to an expensive bottle at 50% off.  But probably wouldn't bother next time, the by-the-glass wines are more than good enough IMHO (they aren't super fantastic, by any means), especially if my palate has already been tainted by a Twilight Zone or Tequila Sunrise...

But without Cheers, def go for the free bottle.

You still get 50% off of any wine you choose. The free RED was excellent for us. If you got a FREE drink package. Buying one makes no sense at all unless you are a heavy drinker. Three or four drinks a day is far less  then the drink package. I get the soda package. if I want a mixed drink, let's say rum and coke. I get the coke which is in a large glass and get a double rum. Same price as one regular rum and coke. During the cruise they usually have a special on shooters.

8 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

You still get 50% off of any wine you choose. The free RED was excellent for us. If you got a FREE drink package. Buying one makes no sense at all unless you are a heavy drinker. Three or four drinks a day is far less  then the drink package. I get the soda package. if I want a mixed drink, let's say rum and coke. I get the coke which is in a large glass and get a double rum. Same price as one regular rum and coke. During the cruise they usually have a special on shooters.

Well it wasnt free, but its paid for at a decent price, so I'd do white wine by the glass for sure. Cant wait. 

Carnival is sure giving some great included deals. Now mardi gras 3 pay venues included. I'm bound to wind up there eventually. Sounds so good.