Question about RoyalUp Assignment

We sail on Friday. Yesterday afternoon, I noticed that all my bids except one were expired and one is still pending. Yay! 
So my question is, how long does it usually take for the upgrade to be confirmed and the new assignment to be made? 

29 minutes ago, sford75 said:

We sail on Friday. Yesterday afternoon, I noticed that all my bids except one were expired and one is still pending. Yay! 
So my question is, how long does it usually take for the upgrade to be confirmed and the new assignment to be made? 

If it happens, you may not find out about it until you are checking in at the port.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

If it happens, you may not find out about it until you are checking in at the port.

Plusgrade, who runs RoyalUp, is pretty good about notifying customers (via RCI) about denials - usually about 6PM on the night before the sailing.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Plusgrade, who runs RoyalUp, is pretty good about notifying customers (via RCI) about denials - usually about 6PM on the night before the sailing.

Except, I’m confident it’s not a denial. I’m pretty sure I won a bid. I wanted to see when a typical confirmation comes. I want to print my luggage tags 

• Like 1

We won a bid for a cruise to Greece in 2019 and was already In Italy traveling before the cruise and I got a charge on my card the day before the cruise, so I needed to get blank luggage tags at the pier since I wasn’t near a printer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We won a bid for a cruise to Greece in 2019 and was already In Italy traveling before the cruise and I got a charge on my card the day before the cruise, so I needed to get blank luggage tags at the pier since I wasn’t near a printer. 

Ugh! At least I’m local. 

1 hour ago, sford75 said:

I’m pretty sure I won a bid. I wanted to see when a typical confirmation comes. 

RCI is pretty good at charging the winning bid, do you have a pending charge on your credit card?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

RCI is pretty good at charging the winning bid, do you have a pending charge on your credit card?

Just checked. No charge yet. Ugh, the anticipation 😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

us too!  wonder how many are up for bids on our sailing! Did  Canada open up the borders?

For those flying, next week if you are fully vaccinated!  I think July 5 is the magic day.

Fingers, eyes, & toes crossed!  

3 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

For those flying, next week if you are fully vaccinated!  I think July 5 is the magic day.

Fingers, eyes, & toes crossed!  

Only for those allowed to fly now. ie US citizens still can't fly up to Canada even if vaccinated. Hoping that might change at the end of July since they're letting Canadian citizens/residents fly like you mentioned. 

2 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Only for those allowed to fly now. ie US citizens still can't fly up to Canada even if vaccinated. Hoping that might change at the end of July since they're letting Canadian citizens/residents fly like you mentioned. 

Yes sorry I was being selfish and only thinking of those  in my category.  I like everyone else just want to get on a ship so I have tunnel vision 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

Yes sorry I was being selfish and only thinking of those  in my category.  I like everyone else just want to get on a ship so I have tunnel vision 🙂

No worries. I would too. Just wanted to clarify in case someone saw it. My family has a place in Canada we haven't been able to go to and a friend got me all excited about the vaccinated flight change and then I looked into and and still can't go. 

5 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

Ok happy for you!!! Weren't the minimum bids for the suites so low??? I was stunned! Are you on the other very popular social media page group for our sailing????  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

Ok happy for you!!! Weren't the minimum bids for the suites so low??? I was stunned! Are you on the other very popular social media page group for our sailing????  

Yes I am not too hopeful my bid will get accepted, but it does not hurt to try.  I think I am?

54 minutes ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

us too!  wonder how many are up for bids on our sailing! Did  Canada open up the borders?

I've been checking on our cruise, there won't be anything left for us to bid on that we can afford...oh well.

In fact I tried to move our cabin closer to our buds and she had one same class cabin, would have cost us $1400 just for the lateral move!  That's how much they have overpriced cabins.  I said Thanks but no thanks!

Edited by BecciBoo

15 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

Yes I am not too hopeful my bid will get accepted, but it does not hurt to try.  I think I am?

We bid fairly well for the 2 bedroom suite b/c we all could fit in there but I am not too hopeful either b/c there are only 2 on the whole ship!  I was the person on the other site who was complaining about the wait for transfer ha!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

We put in the lowest bid on Allure 2 years ago from GS to OS. I believe $200 total. We got an email 4 days before sailing and had our bid accepted but we weren't  given an OS . They had given us one of the 2 huge Star suites - 1500 sq feet, all the Star services, Genie, daily laundry, hot tub on the balcony . It was an amazing surprise and an excellent vacation!!! 
so you never know!!

• Like 4

I have bids in to go from a JS to a 1bedroom GS, a 2bedroom GS, and an owners suite in the July 3 Adventure Sailing. I am hoping to win one of the three. Hopefully will find out sooner rather later. ~96 hours until we board.

• Like 4

Does RCCL tend to offer Royal Up offers on every cabin type even though they are sold out for that level? (my sister bid on a Royal Loft Suite on our Ovation cruise coming up, but there aren't any that haven't been already booked -- is this just a way to get passengers excited over something that isn't going to happen no matter what the bid or are they just hedging bets in case someone cancels last minute?)

6 hours ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

Good luck!  We put in for a Royal up from a balcony to a grand suite on Odyssey 8/22 🤞🤞

How far out do they offer Royal Up.  We have an October 2 Symphony.  Would love to see this offered.