Question about RoyalUp Assignment

1 hour ago, sherylc said:

Does RCCL tend to offer Royal Up offers on every cabin type even though they are sold out for that level? (my sister bid on a Royal Loft Suite on our Ovation cruise coming up, but there aren't any that haven't been already booked -- is this just a way to get passengers excited over something that isn't going to happen no matter what the bid or are they just hedging bets in case someone cancels last minute?)

Yes, and this was discussed in the main Royal Up thread- RCI wants bids in place in case of a cancelation.

12 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Shannon, will be doing live Firworks tonight at 8:20pm from Freedom of the Seas.

Here is her link:

I guess they had the firworks early in the evening at 8:20pm so everyone that had late dining time could make their 8:30pm dinner slot.

Same scenario for me and my royal up.  My GS2 bedroom shows expired and the GS shows pending.  We sail on Friday, so hoping it works.  Bid the min of 100.00 per person. Another plus we got upgraded to First Class on our flight too!  Thanks Delta!

Edited by irishgal432
  • Like 5

55 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Same scenario for me and my royal up.  My GS2 bedroom shows expired and the GS shows pending.  We sail on Friday, so hoping it works.  Bid the min of 100.00 per person. Another plus we got upgraded to First Class on our flight too!  Thanks Delta!

Good luck!  🤞

• Like 1

I've put in a bid for the JS from our large oceanview on Anthem out of Southampton on 1st August. Not optimistic but I figured it was worth a punt, didn't bid on balconies because the space was much smaller than the corner oceanview I already have, but the split bathroom in the JS was enough to tempt me to try. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/29/2021 at 4:35 PM, wreckem2013 said:

I have bids in to go from a JS to a 1bedroom GS, a 2bedroom GS, and an owners suite in the July 3 Adventure Sailing. I am hoping to win one of the three. Hopefully will find out sooner rather later. ~96 hours until we board.

what did you get and how much $$?

On 6/29/2021 at 6:45 PM, sherylc said:

Does RCCL tend to offer Royal Up offers on every cabin type even though they are sold out for that level? (my sister bid on a Royal Loft Suite on our Ovation cruise coming up, but there aren't any that haven't been already booked -- is this just a way to get passengers excited over something that isn't going to happen no matter what the bid or are they just hedging bets in case someone cancels last minute?)

Yes