New Carnival restaurant announced - Chibang! It along with Pig & Anchor and Culcino del Capitano Included for a limited time

26 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

"Not be free" or "now be free"?

Per the Carnival announcement:

For a limited time only, Chibang! as well as popular options Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse Brewhouse and Cucina del Capitano – all of which normally carry a dinner-time reservations fee or a la carte pricing – will be included in the price of the cruise

Yes.  Now be free.  

It would not allow me to edit it to correct it.  

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Dont forget they have a $32 pay option also on mardi gras.

Bonsai Teppenyaki

Same price as I can get locally.  Zero value to me.  OK for those in rural parts of the country where Teppanyaki is not available.

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

Same price as I can get locally.  Zero value to me.  OK for those in rural parts of the country where Teppanyaki is not available.

I have 7 of them within 3 miles of my house and we are going.  lol

You can say that about any specialty restaurant on any cruise.

Edited by BrotherCraig
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

Yes.  Now be free. 

It would not allow me to edit it to correct it.  

Click on the three dots/dashes in the upper right hand corner.  Editing is allowed for about 15 minutes after your posting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

I have 7 of them within 3 miles of my house and we are going.  lol

LOL.  I cruise to get different experiences than I get at home or at least the same experience at a value price.  32.00 for 1 Teppanyaki meal is not good value, for me.  I would go to Chibang and Cucina for 2 dinners and pay the same amount.

Everyone is different, that's why there is vanilla and chocolate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Click on the three dots/dashes in the upper right hand corner.  Editing is allowed for about 15 minutes after your posting.

Yes, it went away before I could edit it.  Option isn't there any longer.  Oh well. Everyone knows what I meant and it was a typo.  lol

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

LOL.  I cruise to get different experiences than I get at home or at least the same experience at a value price.  32.00 for 1 Teppanyaki meal is not good value, for me.  I would go to Chibang and Cucina for 2 dinners and pay the same amount.

Everyone is different, that's why there is vanilla and chocolate.

I hear ya.  I would not eat any specialty restaurants on any cruise if that was the case though since I have all of these type of places near my house and way better than what any cruise line can offer.  Wish there was something different but there isn't. 

I wonder if they'll keep it free. When I was on the Horizon in March 2020 (last before shutdown), Guy's Pig and Anchor Smokehouse was free to dinner. They said they were testing it out for the Mardi Gras. They wanted to see if they offered speciality restaurants for free, if people will go there instead of the main dining room. Apparently, they were worried with not enough room and big crowds in the dining rooms with so many people on the Mardi Gras. That being said, the "free" dinner at Guy's was not as good as the paid one. It was basically just the free sea day BBQ selections. It wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't as good as the paid menu was. 

11 minutes ago, Moviela said:

I looked the menu over carefully, but could not find any chili beans over ice cream any where? Seems like the perfect fusion food.

Chili beans over ice cream? That's a new one on me!  That sounds as bad as pork tamales smothered in chicken chow mien. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I can geg most any type of food local.  That does not drive me to go or not go on a cruise.  JUst my 2 cents….    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

48 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I can geg most any type of food local.  That does not drive me to go or not go on a cruise.  JUst my 2 cents….    

I never would have thought there isn’t a Teppanyaki styled restaurant in all areas. I guess I’m spoiled with my local dining options?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

It doesn't drive me either.   But comparing steakhouse at 38, Jiji's and Cucina at 15, and Teppanyaki at 32, Teppanyaki is the worst value to me since that's what I can pay for it locally. All of the other 3 venues represent better value to me.

Well.. so much for my quest to fill the last two dinner evenings in our schedule with JiJi Asian Kitchen. I'm going to miss that place. Now it's obvious why it was not bookable over the last couple of months.

Decisions, decisions...

Tom

6 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Any idea where this is to be located?  Is JiJi's no more on the Mardi Gras?

I think I can use a smokey mezcal negroni right now🍹

It's where JiJi Asian Kitchen was (on my copy of the deck plans from March of this year).

Tom

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Well.. so much for my quest to fill the last two dinner evenings in our schedule with JiJi Asian Kitchen. I'm going to miss that place. Now it's obvious why it was not bookable over the last couple of months.

Decisions, decisions...

Tom

Options are a good thing. You being such a big fan of the MDR must make it tougher

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

It doesn't drive me either.   But comparing steakhouse at 38, Jiji's and Cucina at 15, and Teppanyaki at 32, Teppanyaki is the worst value to me since that's what I can pay for it locally. All of the other 3 venues represent better value to me.

Got it, fair wnough.