Celebrity pricing. Will you sail at these prices? Anyone know of price drops?

Keys Kathy

2 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

So true. The public has been conditioned to only buy during what is perceived to be a sale. To use your example if you price compare the same item, Bed Bath and Beyond is always is 20% more than other retailers selling the same product. 

Savvy travelers do not fall into fake sales. We know what prices should be and judge by that. We don't fall for the fake discounts.

• Host Anne changed the title to Celebrity pricing. Will you sail at these prices? Anyone know of price drops?

We somehow lucked into what we think was a great deal on the Equinox, nine day to the A-B-C islands.  We thought we purchased a no-perks fare (no drinks, no wi-fi, no grats), but our travel agent informed us she was able to get us all the perks at the lower price.  We think she saved us a couple of grand, somehow.  Our fare is very close to what we spent last month on the 7 day Adventure of the Seas, out of the Bahamas, no perks included.  Actually, with the $200 OBC considered, its less.

Edited by DWhit
  • Like 2

Even if cruise prices went back to normal what about the airfare?  I was looking at airfare for USA to Rome or Athens for May 2022.  The prices are double.  I have been very fortunate in that I booked a bunch of USA vacations before hotel/airfare went up.  A lot of two for one on hotels.

Edited by NMTraveller

On 7/12/2021 at 6:57 PM, iancal said:

Not an issue for us.  If the price is not competitive we simply book another cruise line/ship. 

IF we find all cruise line pricing high we simply select an alternative travel option.   

Cruising is not the only leisure trip game in town for us.  And we are not succumbing to some of the outrageous pricing that we have seen lately.  It will only encourage the cruise lines to keep pricing high.  Better to send them a message by refusing to buy, or buying from another cruise line.

You nailed it.  Cruising is only an option.  In fact, not always the best option.

For example, I have been to Israel, but my wife has not.   Celebrity and other lines have cruises that stop in to Israeli ports as well as other eastern Med or Aegean ports (most of which we have visited already).

Looking at land tours instead, we found a two week land tour of Israel and Jordan for less than any of the cruises that stop in Israeli ports.  Also, on these cruises you only spend 2-3 days in the country.  We will spend a week, plus a week in Jordan as well, which neither of  us have visited.

1 hour ago, 4774Papa said:

You nailed it.  Cruising is only an option.  In fact, not always the best option.

For example, I have been to Israel, but my wife has not.   Celebrity and other lines have cruises that stop in to Israeli ports as well as other eastern Med or Aegean ports (most of which we have visited already).

Looking at land tours instead, we found a two week land tour of Israel and Jordan for less than any of the cruises that stop in Israeli ports.  Also, on these cruises you only spend 2-3 days in the country.  We will spend a week, plus a week in Jordan as well, which neither of  us have visited.

It has always seemed to me that a land tour of Israel makes more sense given the amount of time needed to see the country.  Also, the cruise ships seem to often cancel ports in Israel due to ongoing events.

• Like 2