Liquor

Several years ago Royal had a few levels of alcohol deals. One was Beer, there was a middling level containing most alcohol and another that included all and non alcoholic products. Even now, if you go to one of Carnival's Cay Islands you have to pay upfront. So there are people who have written on this forum that you can order Beer without opening them while you are out at night over a period of time and take them to the Island if you have the Cheers package. That and bringing a couple bottles of carry on wine may reduce the price for a passenger. But it seems so transparent by the cruise line that they make it a bit difficult.

I haven't see any pre-purchase booze available on any of my booked cruises and one leaves in 52 days 18 hours and 49 minutes. 😉

There are options for wine and champagne but nothing else. (Usually there are a ton of options for hard liquor.)

Is anyone else able to purchase alcohol for your rooms?

Edited by pnwredhead

2 minutes ago, pnwredhead said:

I haven't see any pre-purchase booze available on any of my booked cruises and one leaves in 52 days 18 hours and 49 minutes. 😉

There are options for wine and champagne but nothing else. (Usually there are a ton of options for hard liquor.)

Is anyone else able to purchase alcohol for your rooms?

It's there but you need look for in room food and beverage on the categories menu or type in what you want in the search.

9 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

It's there but you need look for in room food and beverage on the categories menu or type in what you want in the search.

I don't have in room food and beverages. That's what is really weird! I always get something to have on board when we get there so I know it was on all my last cruises. Just not this one. image.png.1db640632d8564e9927941eab81422b8.png

Edited by pnwredhead

They do make it oddly difficult to find - we have a bottle of Grey Goose (it's all crazy overpriced anyway, why not throw a few more $'s away) ordered for our cabin.

EDIT - I was going to try to walk through the path (to the promised land), but the website is glitchy at the moment... again

Link HERE it is !!

Tom

6 minutes ago, pnwredhead said:

I don't have in room food and beverages. That's what is really weird! I always get something to have on board when we get there so I know it was on all my last cruises. Just not this one. image.png.1db640632d8564e9927941eab81422b8.png

In Cruise Manager go to:

Categories (upper left corner)

In Room Food & Beverages

Liquor

Boom!  You can order from there!

Not  saying l have or have not tried this, but a friend say it works great. Plus the video is really funny. “ see what I’m saying”.

Edited by bamaone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, roguebandit said:

My personal goal is 29 bottles smuggled to room from 3 ports,. Someone said it couldn't be done, proved them wrong. Never drank any of it, gave as gifts for Christmas.

That’s the spirit I like. They rip you off on alcohol so it’s me bd them. 

11 hours ago, amandas friend said:

Do they actually open your carry on bag? Thanks 

They run it through a scanner and if they see something they want to look at they will. They pulled out a bottle of my cologne once. Pulled out a plastic wallet they thought was a clip for a gun another time.

45 minutes ago, roguebandit said:

My personal goal is 29 bottles smuggled to room from 3 ports,. Someone said it couldn't be done, proved them wrong. Never drank any of it, gave as gifts for Christmas.

My personal coup d'état was 3 full cases of 16 oz beers (Sensation/Inspiration - same difference) - a total of 72 bottles. I gave most away, and hauled our others around in our "Fun Bucket". Those were the days!! 😄

i-5bBmLPT-M.jpg

Tom

10 hours ago, florida eagle said:

Several years ago Royal had a few levels of alcohol deals. One was Beer, there was a middling level containing most alcohol and another that included all and non alcoholic products. Even now, if you go to one of Carnival's Cay Islands you have to pay upfront. So there are people who have written on this forum that you can order Beer without opening them while you are out at night over a period of time and take them to the Island if you have the Cheers package. That and bringing a couple bottles of carry on wine may reduce the price for a passenger. But it seems so transparent by the cruise line that they make it a bit difficult.

The reason you can't use Cheers on the private islands is because there is no immediate connectivity between the ship and the bars on the island and the fact that there is a daily limit on drinks. At least that is the only explanation that makes sense to me. They don't care if you bring beer to the private island. The rules also allow you to bring one bottle of wine per person when you board. I have read of people taking advantage of that rule and if it gets too bad CCL might change the rule.

21 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Is that still allowed? We've preordered a bottle of vodka for our cabin IN 36 SHORT DAYS from now, and I'd prefer to bring our own mixer as we have in the past (LaCroix Lime).

Here's hoping that 1 liter will last 7 days - afternoons and before dinner... 1, perhaps 2 drinks. Oh, where does the time (errr, alcohol) go !!

Tom

Yes, each person can carry on at embarkation a 12 pack of CANS of  LaCroix, just as with any soda . I believe you can do this at ports as well

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, pnwredhead said:

Instead of going through the options at the top of the page, scroll down to the blue area at the bottom, Under  "Already Booked", one of the choices is "In-room gifts and Shopping". Click that an one of the choices will be 'Food and Beverages". click that and you will see "Liquor"  as a choice.

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

The reason you can't use Cheers on the private islands is because there is no immediate connectivity between the ship and the bars on the island and the fact that there is a daily limit on drinks. At least that is the only explanation that makes sense to me. They don't care if you bring beer to the private island. The rules also allow you to bring one bottle of wine per person when you board. I have read of people taking advantage of that rule and if it gets too bad CCL might change the rule.

That would make sense if the islands weren't included as part of the drink packages for Princess on Princess Cays  and Holland America on HMC. They're all 3 separate companies so Carnival is using another companies island.

Edited by lobster1313

3 hours ago, lobster1313 said:

That would make sense if the islands weren't included as part of the drink packages for Princess on Princess Cays  and Holland America on HMC. They're all 3 separate companies so Carnival is using another companies island.

Neither Princess nor Holland America limit their drink packages and AFAIK their packages work on those islands. Carnival Corp owns all three lines.

7 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Neither Princess nor Holland America limit their drink packages and AFAIK their packages work on those islands. Carnival Corp owns all three lines.

Princess also has a 15 drink limit.

Screenshot_20210703-115127_Chrome~2.jpg

Edited by lobster1313

14 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

Princess also has a 15 drink limit.

Screenshot_20210703-115127_Chrome~2.jpg

Then that theory is toast (unless of course Princess does have connectivity between the island and the ship).

Edited by sparks1093

2 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Then that theory is toast.

Usually things that don't make sense either come from legal or accounting issues and with this it seems like it's an accounting issue. They all have the same parent but the companies are all separate.  Carnival must compensate the other companies for use of the island and the passengers paying on the islands might be part of it.

On 7/2/2021 at 7:42 AM, crewsweeper said:

When did this start?  They used to just "throw them away"  although I've always suspected the security folks had some great happy hours after the ships departed.

You must not read the ticket contract that you agree to every time you cruise... It says it in a few spots.

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice.aspx

"Alcoholic beverages are prohibited except as provided for in Section 9.

... Any Guest who refuses any such search or screening, or any Guest traveling with such items and/or attempting to board the Vessel with any such items, may be denied boarding or disembarked and no refund of the cruise fare will be issued."

"Any hard liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic beverage, and non-alcoholic beverages, outside of the exceptions referenced above, are strictly prohibited (in both carry-on and checked luggage)...

...Guest agrees that Carnival has the right to disembark any Guest who violates this policy..."

Never said that they enforce this every time, but they definitely have the right... is it worth it?