Price fluctuations

Reef Knot

15 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hey Jim, I love SS🙂.......been on 4 cruises with them and have 4 more booked👍

Most times the replies are helpful.

Thanks for your kind words you make me feel much better about SS.  

I ended up booking 6 cruises on Celebrity last evening.  We still plan on exploring SS as an option.    I love some of their itineraries and we always sail in suites with separate bedroom.  SS seem to have lots of options. 

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for your kind words you make me feel much better about SS.  

I ended up booking 6 cruises on Celebrity last evening.  We still plan on exploring SS as an option.    I love some of their itineraries and we always sail in suites with separate bedroom.  SS seem to have lots of options. 

wow....6?  You probably recall, I sailed with X for many years.......I found SS in 2017 and now have no desire to sail the big ships anymore.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

wow....6?  You probably recall, I sailed with X for many years.......I found SS in 2017 and now have no desire to sail the big ships anymore.

We came to SS in 2012 after 20+ years of Holland America and Celebrity.  I can’t see the circumstances that will ever take us back to the big ships.    I have to smile about Lois’ commitment to SS.  I clearly remember her coming here 3 or 4 years ago looking for information on SS.  A lot of us pitched in answering her questions and reassuring her she was making a good choice.   🙂

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Randy😃 and you were (are) always kind and helpful to me.🙂

If I have a regret, well maybe a disappointment would be more appropriate, was that just before Covid we missed you by one cruise.  You got off the Wind in Ft Lauderdale as we boarded for the next cruise.   Close but no cigar. 🥴😟

53 minutes ago, Randyk47 said:

If I have a regret, well maybe a disappointment would be more appropriate, was that just before Covid we missed you by one cruise.  You got off the Wind in Ft Lauderdale as we boarded for the next cruise.   Close but no cigar. 🥴😟

I remember that.......would have been really nice for sure.  And the other thing I recall...it was so weird because January the waters are usually smooth as silk........well, it was one of the choppiest cruises I have ever been on😲.....there was some funky weather pattern going on.......I actually had to get up in the middle of the night and go down to the library........low/mid ship.

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

I remember that.......would have been really nice for sure.  And the other thing I recall...it was so weird because January the waters are usually smooth as silk........well, it was one of the choppiest cruises I have ever been on😲.....there was some funky weather pattern going on.......I actually had to get up in the middle of the night and go down to the library........low/mid ship.

We had very good weather.  We did have to skip one stop in the Bahamas the first day out of ten but from there on it was a remarkably smooth and enjoyable cruise.   Ignorance is bliss and little did we know the Covid pandemic was about to get serious, very serious.

On 7/21/2021 at 10:11 AM, Lois R said:

Yea we had a lot of FCC's    Also I have a free cruise for hitting Zenith that was cancelled and I had to use it by the end of the year.  Through the end of they year Celebrity is sailing at 50-60% capacity and 95-100% vaccinated passengers.

Iain found an interesting SS cruise for 2022 so will be hopefully trying out SS in sometime next year.    I love retirement. 

24 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yea we had a lot of FCC's    Also I have a free cruise for hitting Zenith that was cancelled and I had to use it by the end of the year.  Through the end of they year Celebrity is sailing at 50-60% capacity and 95-100% vaccinated passengers.

Iain found an interesting SS cruise for 2022 so will be hopefully trying out SS in sometime next year.    I love retirement. 

Actually, so do I😃....I retired in Dec 2019......had one Caribbean cruise in Jan 20 and then my "big retirement trip" got cancelled of course.........I am now making up for lost time too. I just sailed to Greece and this afternoon I did something really crazy and decided to book Alaska for next month😃

I am sort of not believing I did this but after returning home, I do not like being here......want to be on the water again..........gotta love retirement LOL and I have Lisbon booked for Oct and the Caribbean in December!

Congratulations on your retirement.   I always though I would be bored but have to say have not been bored yet.   We have  a B2B2B booked for April - May starting with a TA.    Since we have 2 turn around in Southampton and the cruise ending in Southampton will be flying to Scotland at the end of the cruise and spend a couple weeks with his family.  

Out of curiosity, which ship and itinerary would you suggest for our first cruise on SS.   Also are their any ships we should shy away from?    I know it's subjective by I trust you.

59 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Congratulations on your retirement.   I always though I would be bored but have to say have not been bored yet.   We have  a B2B2B booked for April - May starting with a TA.    Since we have 2 turn around in Southampton and the cruise ending in Southampton will be flying to Scotland at the end of the cruise and spend a couple weeks with his family.  

Out of curiosity, which ship and itinerary would you suggest for our first cruise on SS.   Also are their any ships we should shy away from?    I know it's subjective by I trust you.

I have sailed on 4 of their ships (so far).......I would say The Moon would be my first choice😃. She is brand new and really a beauty. As for itinerary? That would be too hard to recommend .....you would need to peruse the offerings and see what appeals to both of you😃

• Thanks 1