Waiting for September Dream confirmation

MrMarc

I am scheduled on Dream for September 19.  I was trying not to get excited and count on it, but now it's too late.  I wish they would go ahead and make it official one way or the other. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MrMarc said:

I am scheduled on Dream for September 19.  I was trying not to get excited and count on it, but now it's too late.  I wish they would go ahead and make it official one way or the other. 

Believe me, I KNOW that tingling, excited feeling, as well ! The wife and I are booked on a CCL cruise the second week of Sept, sailing (hopefully we're holding our breath) out of Port Canaveral. We've had four past  CCL cruises cancelled in the past year and a half BUT we're (keeping fingers crossed) really hopeful that this one will happen. I just wish we knew something for certain, It's getting too the point that I hate checking my E mail in box because there's the cancel notice and it's like, 'Oh well, maybeeee later there'll be better luck with number five !.The wife and I LOVE the Dream, in fact we're done four cruises on her and that's the ship she always checks on and wishes she'd be back to either Canaveral or Port Everglades. Hopefully you'll have good luck this coming Sept, and you'll sail the Dream !

Mac

• Like 1

Yep, at least the Dream is still bookable for September.  Conquest went back into the grey yesterday.  I was on a phone call to Carnival when that happened, and mentioned that, and one agent told me it was cancelled, and then said it wasn't.  Argh!  I just need to know because a few of my other replacement options have already evaporated, and every day the ones remaining are shrinking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, naxer said:

Yep, at least the Dream is still bookable for September.  Conquest went back into the grey yesterday.  I was on a phone call to Carnival when that happened, and mentioned that, and one agent told me it was cancelled, and then said it wasn't.  Argh!  I just need to know because a few of my other replacement options have already evaporated, and every day the ones remaining are shrinking.

I know how you feel. Sorta makes you wonder IF things are going to get better. I had hopes that maybe, with time, things would settle down and more (not less) cruises AND ships would slowly be fed back into the scheme. With four of the Fantasy class ships gone that narrows down the odds, Personally, I like the smaller ships as well as any of the 'Disney On the Sea' mega cruisers.

Mac

• Like 1

This was JH response for me this morning, after I asked when Carnival will confirm or cancel September cruises:  "I don’t have any timeline on this at the moment as we continue to wait and see what happens next with the CDC so we can release our protocols. Thank you for your patience and we really do hope to see you soon."  

The boilerplate response.  The shifting sands of the CDC will be just as shifting on August 31st as they are now.

Edited by naxer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sc cruiser said:

Please fill me in on what’s happening. We are booked on the Magic Sept. 18 and I assumed all is well. Now I’m not sure it is?

We are on Vista 9/4/21.  We do not watch the news, so we are out of the loop as well.  Is it because of the CV variant cases? 

4 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

We are on Vista 9/4/21.  We do not watch the news, so we are out of the loop as well.  Is it because of the CV variant cases? 

IMO I don't think it's variant related.  I think it's because it's hard to get a ship out of moth balls and crewed in 6 weeks.  This is why their delay in announcing the cancellations is frustrating--they know right now whether or not they can do that, or at least which ships they're going to try to do it.  Conquest doesn't appear to be one of them anymore.  

1 hour ago, naxer said:

IMO I don't think it's variant related.  I think it's because it's hard to get a ship out of moth balls and crewed in 6 weeks...... 

This explanation makes much more sense than anything else.

I'm (hopefully) on the Magic September 18th, all vaxxed up and ready to go.

10 hours ago, sc cruiser said:

Please fill me in on what’s happening. We are booked on the Magic Sept. 18 and I assumed all is well. Now I’m not sure it is?

We are booked on the Magic for Aug 7th, and it is still a go, so hopefully they will all sail

We are booked on Oct 9 on the Freedom. It's out of Miami so at least I know that port seems to be opening up.  I feel as you do, I want to allow myself to get excited (we booked this cruise long before COVID - back in Nov 2019).   I just wish I knew one way or the other

• Like 2

17 hours ago, naxer said:

IMO I don't think it's variant related.  I think it's because it's hard to get a ship out of moth balls and crewed in 6 weeks.  This is why their delay in announcing the cancellations is frustrating--they know right now whether or not they can do that, or at least which ships they're going to try to do it.  Conquest doesn't appear to be one of them anymore.  

Dream is currently in dry dock in France, it should be done in plenty of time for September, it's just up to Carnival.  So far, the sailings are still available

• 4 weeks later...

We are planning to book the 9/19 Dream sailing today. I'm not super thrilled that it turned out to be the first sailing out of drydock, but it's the only date that worked for us. I don't want anything unexpected to come up and cause it to be cancelled.

Does anyone know its current status? Drydock complete, everything is good?

48 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We are planning to book the 9/19 Dream sailing today. I'm not super thrilled that it turned out to be the first sailing out of drydock, but it's the only date that worked for us. I don't want anything unexpected to come up and cause it to be cancelled.

Dream is already out of drydock and back in Bahamian waters. 

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Carnival-Dream-680

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

It's in the Caribbean heading to Miami.  So far everything is on track.Screenshot_20210802-164510_MarineTraffic.thumb.jpg.039bd0e84f03204a2eba1e7ac5979f94.jpg