Queen Elizabeth 19th July & more - Cancelled

kevcharben

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

Crew are quarantined on the ship, even British crew members spend time in quarantine cabins (Princess Grill on QM2) when they re-join the ship after leave.

Perhaps with hindsight crew members flying in from other countries should have been quarantined away from the ship before getting onboard and then perhaps there would not have been these further cancellations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Whilst I agree 100% what you say surely when the crew arrived in the country they should have been quarantined before been allowed onboard. Therefore if they have been quarantined but the test was negative when they boarded the ship some staff obviously broke the quarantine to be able to catch covid and still be in its incubation period. If staff were not quarantined and as soon as they landed they were tested and if negative allowed onboard with hindsight and what has since happened this was a big mistake.

You're making an assumption that it was non-UK based crew. In fact, you're assuming it is crew from a Red list country.

I don't know which country the crew were from but its not helpful to assume Red list. As I said originally, this is why all crew members have an on-ship quarantine.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

You're making an assumption that it was non-UK based crew. In fact, you're assuming it is crew from a Red list country.

I don't know which country the crew were from but its not helpful to assume Red list. As I said originally, this is why all crew members have an on-ship quarantine.

I am not assuming or ever mentioned a red list country all I am saying that when Cunard flew crew in to the UK from wherever in the world they should have been quarantined away from the ship and then tested before getting on ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

I am not assuming or ever mentioned a red list country all I am saying that when Cunard flew crew in to the UK from wherever in the world they should have been quarantined away from the ship and then tested before getting on ship.

Perhaps it was someone from the UK! Plenty of officers from these shores and many “hotspots” as we all know.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Yorky67 said:

Pity all the Cunard protocols didn’t work!

Countries that tend to have a high representation of crew members - Philippines, India, and South Africa - are UK "red list" countries.  According to the UK government site only British and Irish citizens, or those with permanent residency, are being allowed in and then must also book a 10-day quarantine hotel package and 2 covid tests.  Assuming Cunard got a waiver to let crew from those countries travel to Southampton they would have to undertake all of the above.   If somebody does test positive after all that then what else would "work"?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yorky67 said:

Vaccination would help, wouldn’t it? 

on one of the many Cunard FB groups it was stated by someone that they had asked Cunard direct on twitter  ref crew vaccinations and the answer was that crew were being done in home countries  etc I have looked for the quote but it was some time ago however it bore the official Cunard twitter logo