WARNING...........if you have a B2B2B booked..........new Celebrity "restrictions"...........

cruise wizard

10 hours ago, rim140 said:

Good to hear that b2b2b is allowed in US ports.  We're in the process of booking b2b2b in Alaska in September. 👍

I would not take that for granted at all. It sounds as though they reversed THIS b2b2b decision for people that had already paid in full, were already on the trip, and would have owed a good deal of compensation to. But if they have come to the decision that b2b2b's are not allowed, they could still easily keep that moving forward.

While I agree what happened in the OP's situation was unreasonable, and I'm glad it sounds like it was reversed. In these days of getting back to cruising for the first time and dealing with the CDC and various port requirements. I think booking any b2b is seriously pushing the limits of what will be allowed. 

10 hours ago, rim140 said:

Good to hear that b2b2b is allowed in US ports.  We're in the process of booking b2b2b in Alaska in September. 👍

7 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

I would not take that for granted at all. It sounds as though they reversed THIS b2b2b decision for people that had already paid in full, were already on the trip, and would have owed a good deal of compensation to. But if they have come to the decision that b2b2b's are not allowed, they could still easily keep that moving forward.

I agree with @sanger727 .  All we know so far is that the folks on THIS cruise were allowed to stay on board. Nothing has been said so far about future cruises on which people are not already sailing or haven’t even booked.  Until that situation is clarified, I don’t think it’s wise to draw any conclusions about the future merely from the fact that Celebrity reversed a horrible decision to kick some guests off a ship. 

• Like 1

The details are much as they were............"Miami" made the decision for "X" to cancel B2B2B's - still no reason except "we were to follow the new procedure" - no B2B2B's and Future Cruises were not to book B2B2B's............then a new conference call to rescind that procedure. The other brands were not a part of the debacle. So yesterday and today B2B2B's are allowed.................tomorrow - who knows.

Unvaccinated passengers can only be onboard for only one cruise - B2B is not allowed.

We went to the consecutive cruisers meeting and we all had our antigen tests in the room next to the meeting spot............very quick. Tomorrow we all meet at 9:45PM to go through immigration showing passports & original vaccination cards - then proceed to a desk in the terminal to get our new sea pass cards - then boarding the ship. There is a different procedure for those going ashore or on Fort Lauderdale tours (Celebrity sponsored).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Cruise Wizard for all this information.  Glad you are able to continue your cruise.  I know things these days change a lot but IMHO Celebrity handled this extremely poorly.  I feel for those of you who had to go through this angst, and for those who already had made revised flight plans and then had to revise them again.  What a horrible way to spend several hours/days of your vacation!  Very disappointed in their management (or in this case, seeming lack thereof).  I hope they do something nice for those impacted to help make up for it.

• Like 2