QM2 Nov/Dec Schedule

pkpon

The saga continues. The two QM2 voyages I mentioned above (Nov 14-Dec 3 and Dec 15-22) are now back available to book on the Cunard website today.

Because of the issue we've talked about on another thread where you can't change the section of the ship for QM2 during the booking process, you can't see all the available cabins on the Cunard website, but that's another story.

Not sure of its significance, but I notice that the 3-10 Dec eastbound trans-Atlantic (M141) is showing as available again, in addition to the previously-available westbound crossing (M143). I haven't spent any time, yet, exploring the re-availability of any other voyages.

On 7/30/2021 at 12:02 PM, frankp01 said:

Not sure of its significance, but I notice that the 3-10 Dec eastbound trans-Atlantic (M141) is showing as available again, in addition to the previously-available westbound crossing (M143). I haven't spent any time, yet, exploring the re-availability of any other voyages.

I notice the same thing.  The fact that most (all?) of the November/December crossing are now shown for sale give me some hope they will operate.  If they are closed for sale (in addition to my strongly suspecting they are not sold out), then it makes me think Cunard is going to cancel them.     

On 7/24/2021 at 6:18 PM, bluemarble said:

I'm mildly concerned to see today that all of QM2's voyages for Nov/Dec 2021 are now "Sold out" on the Cunard website except for the 5-night Dutch Christmas Markets cruise (entirely within Europe) which is scheduled for December 10-15, 2021.

Now of course all those voyages could indeed be sold out. It does give me pause though to see the only QM2 voyage for Nov/Dec currently available to book is the only voyage whose dates match up with the dates for QM2 currently shown on the Southampton VTS cruise ship schedule.

I talked to my TA a little over a week ago about adding a passenger to my Christmas Caribbean booking. I was on while he talked it over with Cunard reservations and by all appearances the 12-night NYC-NYC itinerary is going on as originally scheduled and I'd assume the transatlantics on either end of that.

But if you look on Cunard.com it's not possible to make a new booking on that 12-night itinerary. 

Edited by Underwatr

The 12-night Caribbean Christmas cruise (round trip New York, Dec 22-Jan 3) is back on the Cunard website today as no longer sold out. It's even showing surprisingly good availability when I check another site to work around the limitations of the Cunard site.

Inside: 11 cabins

Sheltered Balcony: 33 cabins

Balcony: 16 cabins

Club Balcony: 11 cabins

Princess Grill: 5 cabins

Queens Grill: 5 cabins

The 26-night Caribbean Christmas cruise (round trip Southampton, Dec 15-Jan 10) is sold out, but the crossings on both ends of that voyage (Dec 15-22 and Jan 3-10) are showing availability.

Of course it's still an open question whether QM2's Nov/Dec voyages will happen. The anomalies with the dates for QM2 are still there on the Southampton VTS cruise schedule.

Interesting. I just checked there about an hour ago after making a change to my booking (it had been missing from the online bookable itineraries) and although it appears on the schedule again all booking categories appear to be sold out.

image.thumb.png.deaba8c0f7d1797bc2193e0e2cdd1c91.png

34 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

Interesting. I just checked there about an hour ago after making a change to my booking (it had been missing from the online bookable itineraries) and although it appears on the schedule again all booking categories appear to be sold out.

image.thumb.png.deaba8c0f7d1797bc2193e0e2cdd1c91.png

Yeah, the availability I was seeing for the 12-night Christmas cruise wasn't there very long. About an hour after my last post, that cruise was no longer showing any availablity even on the third party site that was showing all that cabin availability earlier today.

The mystery with the Southampton VTS cruise ship schedule for QM2 continues to deepen. Here are the dates now showing on that schedule for QM2 in Southampton during Nov/Dec.

Nov 12, 19 and 21

Dec 3, 10, 15 and 29

I believe the Nov 19 and Nov 21 dates have just been added within the past few days.

As we've discussed, of those dates, Dec 10 and Dec 15 are the only dates QM2 is scheduled to be in Southampton based on her published itineraries. Those are the dates for the Dutch Christmas Markets cruise to Zeebrugge and Rotterdam.

40 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

We are out and have jumped ship till next year! Will be astonished if the 14.11.21 round trip Caribbean takes place, and even if it does it will not be the sailing we originally booked.

I will be astonished too and I am on it well most of it. I am expecting them to cancel. They will not sail all American I don't think. They could but they won't. So they will have to cancel.

Edited by ace2542

15 hours ago, Trig2018 said:

We're on it from New York.  I can't believe it'll happen but haven't quite got round to cancelling yet.

I'm spending half my life on the computer trying to get info about it.

Same with us. We are scheduled to join in NY on 11/21, but I'm doubting it will happen. I will likely cancel after the 2023 bookings are released. I need something before the end of the year to attached my FCC to. I'm also booked on the 2023 Word Voyage, but I won't attach it to that b/c I'm doubting that will fully happen, or if it does, it won't be what I'm dreaming it will be either. It will likely become 2024. It appears the world will take longer to recover than we all wish it would.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

All November and December sailings now showing not available/sold out both on TA and Cunard site!

Yesterday morning around 9 a.m. EST there were cabins available, but by the time I contacted my ta they were gone. I'm still hoping that we can book the Nov. 14th TA to add to our Nov. 20th Caribbean cruise.

Here's a comment just posted in the chat from the Solent Ships Youtube channel. I have no way to verify its accuracy but thought it would be of interest to this discussion about QM2's drydock plans.

"Qm2 is supposed to be going to Hamburg next week for a 3 week refit before crossing again in November."

Edited by bluemarble

On 8/20/2021 at 10:58 AM, bluemarble said:

Here's a comment just posted in the chat from the Solent Ships Youtube channel. I have no way to verify its accuracy but thought it would be of interest to this discussion about QM2's drydock plans.

"Qm2 is supposed to be going to Hamburg next week for a 3 week refit before crossing again in November."

We will be in Hamburg in 2 week’s time and can report if we do (hopefully) indeed see her in dry dock. 

9 hours ago, ClipperinSFO said:

We will be in Hamburg in 2 week’s time and can report if we do (hopefully) indeed see her in dry dock. 

Given the loss of the income over the last 18 or so months they may wave the dry dock off for a couple of years perhaps?

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Given the loss of the income over the last 18 or so months they may wave the dry dock off for a couple of years perhaps?

It is a regulatory requirement before restarting cruising 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluemarble said:

This is interesting. The Southampton VTS Cruise Ship Schedule no longer contains any entries for QM2 in Southampton after November 2-3, 2021.

That's depressing!  We are beginning to realize that our Nov. Caribbean cruise on QM2 is not going to happen if she can't sail from Southampton earlier in the month.  This will mark our 7th cancelled cruise since March, 2020.

Edited by FritzG

• 5 weeks later...

As @sogne has reported on the "New Cancellations/Changes" thread, the Southampton VTS Cruise Ship Schedule is now in agreement with QM2's published schedule. It now shows the following dates (and berths) for QM2 in Southampton for the rest of this year.

29-Sep-21 – 01-Oct-21 (City)

01-Oct-21 – 05-Oct-21 (Mayflower)

08-Oct-21 (Ocean)

11-Oct-21 – 12-Oct-21 (Mayflower)

18-Oct-21 – 19-Oct-21 (QEII)

25-Oct-21 – 26-Oct-21 (QEII)

02-Nov-21 – 03-Nov-21 (City)

08-Nov-21 – 09-Nov-21 (Ocean)

16-Nov-21 – 17-Nov-21 (Ocean)

21-Nov-21 – 26-Nov-21 (Mayflower)

27-Nov-21 (QEII)

28-Nov-21 (Ocean)