Problems paying cruise balance on p&o

LLOM

Hi is anyone having problems getting through to p&o, I have to pay my balance which is due tomorrow (11 July )and have been trying since Thursday being on the phone for hours, I tried their online page to pay but it will not accept it, I have sent two emails but have not received a reply, my concern is that they cancel our cruise because the balance has not been paid, has anyone any advice or in a similar situation please.

many thanks.

1 minute ago, LLOM said:

Hi is anyone having problems getting through to p&o, I have to pay my balance which is due tomorrow (11 July )and have been trying since Thursday being on the phone for hours, I tried their online page to pay but it will not accept it, I have sent two emails but have not received a reply, my concern is that they cancel our cruise because the balance has not been paid, has anyone any advice or in a similar situation please.

many thanks.

Have you tried sending a private message on twitter ?

1 minute ago, LLOM said:

many thanks.

Can't help you but thanks for the timely warning, I have a final balance due next Friday so will start now trying to pay it.

9 minutes ago, LLOM said:

many thanks.

Hi I  paid mine this morning it was saying processing payment I left it for a while and then clicked it off checked balance and it had cleared before that, I was waiting on the phone line for 1.5hr

24 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Can't help you but thanks for the timely warning, I have a final balance due next Friday so will start now trying to pay it.

Similar here.  Balance due in a month.  Might just sort it  (or at least try) next week.

I had the same issues paying a Cunard balance, same IT system as P&O the other week. Put in my credit card details and confirmed payment and all I got was a page saying "payment in process" and a revolving circle waited ages and nothing happened so eventually closed page. Contacted Cunard by PM on Facebook and never had the decency of a reply. Eventually found out the payment had gone through when I contacted my credit card company.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

One of the advantages of using  TA. Sent an email, got a return phone call 20 minutes later,  and paid. No messing, no hanging about.

Pity that wowzz since you could have waited another month now that Princess has reduced its balance payment period.

13 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Pity that wowzz since you could have waited another month now that Princess has reduced its balance payment period.

True, but another 4 weeks is not too significant. Not sure if anything will be much clearer by then anyway. 

Hi Paid balance last Wednesday for upcoming IONA cruise 25th Sept, Same issue revolving circle after clicking to pay,

Money went through ok and Email from PO next day stating balance paid.

• Thanks 1

A holiday business, which works on phased payments, should keep on file your deposit card details.  During the booking process you give them permission to use the same card when the balance is due.

All thats then needed is an email a few days before the balance is due as a reminder.

Edited by Thejuggler

2 hours ago, LLOM said:

many thanks.

I had a problem some years ago and could not get through either It was a case of keep 

phoning, over 45 mins to get through. Not much use to you for this booking but ever since 

I tick take auto payment for my bank card ,saves all the grief your having now trying to get

through as I'm going to pay anyway . Good luck and keep trying !

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thejuggler said:

A holiday business, which works on phased payments, should keep on file your deposit card details.  Durinb the booking process you give them permission to use the same card when the balance is due.

All thats then needed is an email a few days before the balance is due as a reminder.

Allow P&O to keep my credit card details - you must be joking!

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies, still trying to get through, checked my balance and still says the same, if I do not get any luck then will ring the bank tomorrow to see if anything has been paid, if not I suppose it will be another long wait on the phone and waiting for a reply to my emails.

3 hours ago, L751 said:

Hi I  paid mine this morning it was saying processing payment I left it for a while and then clicked it off checked balance and it had cleared before that, I was waiting on the phone line for 1.5hr

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thejuggler said:

A holiday business, which works on phased payments, should keep on file your deposit card details.  During the booking process you give them permission to use the same card when the balance is due.

Thank you for your reply, I was not asked for permission to do that , pity really as l would have given it.

I dont let any company I use my credit card for purchases keep my credit card details. I was advised to do that by my bank manager and dont trust any company to be safe enough to have their customers details hacked. 

25 minutes ago, LLOM said:

Thank you for your reply, I was not asked for permission to do that , pity really as l would have given it.

I have found a P&O phone number on their web site that does payments for people who 

pay monthly (did not know they did this ) but they have a payment number which you

could try and explain -They should take your payment or put you through to the right person .

Please call 0344 338 8003      If I wish to change payment 

https://www.pocruises.com/why-choose-us/pay-monthly

Edited by kalos

Made my payment yesterday. Same problem - wheel whirred around and around. Phoned P&O, automated message said the wait was in excess of 45 minutes and kept cutting me off. Eventually, I closed the payment page and opened a new tab to try again. Surprise, surprise, I could not pay balance as it said balance had already been paid!

So the whirring wheel does not necessarily mean payment has not gone through...

Just tried to pay the balance online. I found the payments page eventually, interesting system error is displayed but filled in card details anyway. The everlasting circle appeared and a verification screen appeared from my bank. Choice of land line or mobile to receive the verification code. Oops, my mobile number is the old one so opted for landline, nothing happening for 10 minutes. closed the browser and checked my bank account, no amount pending for the cruise balance and the mobile number is my new one as it should be. Went back to P&O, logged in and checked my details, mobile number was the same as my landline!. Changed it to the correct one and saved it then logged out. will check again tomorrow.

what fun 😠

Yes, I had to do verification from my bank too and also saw the red system error logo. Had left my mobile in work so it had to go to my email but came through within seconds. Paid on credit card so have to wait for statement to see if it went through correctly (no online account for it).

once again thanks to all, yes l got the ever lasting circle as well but nothing from the bank to confirm request, checked the bank statement but nothing has come out yet,  i do not think it will have been taken as we usually get a verification  request,  the balance still says the same, l will give it till tomorrow and try the online payment again.  

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

I dont let any company I use my credit card for purchases keep my credit card details. I was advised to do that by my bank manager and dont trust any company to be safe enough to have their customers details hacked. 

As soon as you spend on a card your details are there to be hacked.

Its not a problem with credit cards.  They all have a limit and fraudulent transactions are refunded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

I'm the same when it comes to my bank account no one gets to keep the card details

but when it comes to payments such as council tax., and Cruise payments I allow via my 

credit card  for deposit and final payment . The good thing is the cc company send me a 

text message before payment anyhow for me to OK payment  . Once onboard a cruise they

ask for a payment card again so they only keep the card details for final cruise payment.

I can think of a lot worse ways to pay but each to their own methods we are happy with .