New Year's Eve question

Hello!

Question about Royal Caribbean cruises when New Year's Eve is the last night- will there still be celebrations, even if it is the last night? I know the bags will need to be out before the parties would start, but will there still be a balloon drop and everything if it is the last night of a cruise? Thank you!

31 minutes ago, Artemis at Sea said:

Hello!

Question about Royal Caribbean cruises when New Year's Eve is the last night- will there still be celebrations, even if it is the last night? I know the bags will need to be out before the parties would start, but will there still be a balloon drop and everything if it is the last night of a cruise? Thank you!

Yes there will be their traditional celebrations. Which ship?

58 minutes ago, Artemis at Sea said:

Hello!

Interesting question as I cannot recall Royal having had cruises start and end on Jan 1as everything is closed so I looked and it looks like you must be on the Mariner Dec 28, 2021.  This is the only ship of Royals that has a sailing starting on Jan 1 in any country for both 2022 and 2023. 

I am kind of surprised and would have thought they would have turned this one into a 5 night ending on Jan 2 and changed the 5 night departing on Jan 1 into a 4 night departing on Jan 2

26 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

That does not sound like a fun cruise.

NYE on last night.

Everyone has to get up early to get off the ship.

I would agree with this as well.  I can't imagine it's too much fun, with people knowing that they have to wake up in just a few hours and leave the ship.

49 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

That does not sound like a fun cruise.

NYE on last night.

Everyone has to get up early to get off the ship.

Not that everyone can do it time Work/School but B2B be nice that time year. No rush and second leg lot less Cruisers, Travelers and Families. Busiest Airports been to was getting off Ships 20-23 Dec, last 2 did in 2016 and 2018 where the line was out the door at FLL...

44 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Interesting question as I cannot recall Royal having had cruises start and end on Jan 1as everything is closed so I looked and it looks like you must be on the Mariner Dec 28, 2021.  This is the only ship of Royals that has a sailing starting on Jan 1 in any country for both 2022 and 2023. 

I am kind of surprised and would have thought they would have turned this one into a 5 night ending on Jan 2 and changed the 5 night departing on Jan 1 into a 4 night departing on Jan 2

We are sailing with friends and kinda have the reverse; we are scheduled to leave on 12/31/2021 out of NJ on the Anthem. Not sure what to expect because it's the first day of the cruise. We've done a cruise with NYE sandwiched between sea days, and that was great!!

8 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Uncalled for. Honest question. Please be nice

If someone did their research they would know they do not end cruises in NYD so yes is was called for. Obviously if they did end a cruise on NYD they would have a celebration at night still- get a clue people. Sorry. Unreal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, RoyalC said:

If someone did their research they would know they do not end cruises in NYD so yes is was called for. Obviously if they did end a cruise on NYD they would have a celebration at night still- get a clue people. Sorry. Unreal.

As I stated in post 7, I thought that as well but in 2022 there is a cruise that ends on new years day.  Mariner Dec 28 to Jan 1.

You might want to do some research before posting. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RoyalC said:

You are Mistaken. Also my point stands to OP, and other's, no reason to be Rude

Ignoring the stupid, misinformed and rude on this thread, I think it is safe to think that RCI would have a "casual" NYE celebration/farewell event. Not sure it would have the full-on dressy pomp of mid-cruise NYE, though (enjoyed that on Grandeur a couple years back). Like another poster, I'm on the Dec. 31 Anthem out of Bayonne -- will be interesting to see how that plays out (packing the tux, of course)...but I have little doubt it will be a fun night.

18 hours ago, toocruisin2 said:

We are sailing with friends and kinda have the reverse; we are scheduled to leave on 12/31/2021 out of NJ on the Anthem. Not sure what to expect because it's the first day of the cruise. We've done a cruise with NYE sandwiched between sea days, and that was great!!

With new years eve being your first night I am sure it will be a lot of fun!  Nice sea day on jan 1st.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2021 at 2:52 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, you are correct! I was surprised about it, too. Port Canaveral is most convenient for us, and we were considering this as a fun thing to do for the holiday. A five night coming in Jan 2 would definitely be better. We will still consider it.

My response to the general comments: 

Yes, this cruise does, in fact, end on NYD, which was surprising to me. It is the Dec 28th 4-day out of Port Canaveral on Mariner. I have been on five cruises before on various lines, but none on a holiday. My experience is that people do tend to go to bed early on the last night knowing they have to get up early. I was hoping that those of you with lots of cruise experience would know more about how RCI might handle this. I appreciate those of you who were willing to give helpful answers, including those who said it was less than ideal- I agree. 

We have the constraint of school starting back Jan 3 so that limits us, also.

Thank you all and have a great day!

• Like 1