What if the U S is not in the UK green category?

oskidunker

Since there will be many British passengers, I would assume my cruise will not be cancelled. 

would Princess refund me since a 10 day quarantine is probably not possible for many? I probably would need to cancel before the final payment date. Any thoughts? 

Edited by oskidunker

There is nearly 100 days before the ship sails and a lot of time for things to change.  Granted a decision should be made before final payment and for some, that date is approaching within a month.

As reported elsewhere, the EU is reducing requirements for travel within their countries, however, the UK is not part of the EU and might be pressed to follow suit to prevent more income losses.

The only thing for certain is that no one knows for sure.

• Like 1

I spoke to Princess UK about the reverse situation. I was told that if it is a government decision not to allow us to travel to USA or USA decision not to let us in, we would have FCC or refund to original method of payment. The lady also said they would try to let us know plans prior to final payment.

However, T&Cs are different here..such as paying £100 amendment fee to change cabins, dates etc. But this is a permitted one off change only.

Changes due to Covid are coming thick and fast in UK such as people returning from France now having to quarantine, just days after quarantine being lifted for those who have been double vaccinated !

Only applies to people who have taken the UK vaccine. I read everything from the UK gov I could find. This is the latest. 
Those arriving from places on the amber list have to quarantine for 10 days at home upon arrival, take a pre-departure test and also take a PCR test on day two and eight of their isolation.

I hope I am wrong. 

On 7/17/2021 at 4:17 PM, antsp said:

You don’t need to quarantine from a amber country if you are fully vaccinated, unless it from france

This is incorrect per the rules that are in effect *right now*.  Supposedly a re-evaluation/announcement is to be made tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

This is incorrect per the rules that are in effect *right now*.  Supposedly a re-evaluation/announcement is to be made tomorrow.

Which is why us Brits are tearing our hair out! 

Just policy made on the hoof.

• Like 1

Now the CDC and the US State  Department has moved the U.K. back to a level 4 “do not travel”.  

I’ve been watching the traffic light announcements since early June.  Generally, possible hints are leaked the week before.   So the next set of information should be posted in just over two weeks,  Each time the US has failed to make the green list. I suspect we won’t make the next list either due to the increase in cases here. 

Also of note in that Portugal was once on the Green list, only to be pulled back to Amber with little notice.  I think it was maybe 5 days notice?    

2 minutes ago, milolii said:

Now the CDC and the US State  Department has moved the U.K. back to a level 4 “do not travel”.  

I’ve been watching the traffic light announcements since early June.  Generally, possible hints are leaked the week before.   So the next set of information should be posted in just over two weeks,  Each time the US has failed to make the green list. I suspect we won’t make the next list either due to the increase in cases here. 

Also of note in that Portugal was once on the Green list, only to be pulled back to Amber with little notice.  I think it was maybe 5 days notice?    

Although I have two cruises booked in oct and Nov, I think trying to cruise from Europe this year is a waste of time. We keep hoping the US will be green but why should it when cases are going up. Portugal is on my oct 23 cruise. If we cant go there the Canary Islands, the last hopeful place,is history. P.s.  this wont help the stock.

1 minute ago, oskidunker said:

Although I have two cruises booked in oct and Nov, I think trying to cruise from Europe this year is a waste of time. We keep hoping the US will be green but why should it when cases are going up. Portugal is on my oct 23 cruise. If we cant go there the Canary Islands, the last hopeful place,is history. P.s.  this wont help the stock.

I agree with you.  At least don’t make final payment until necessary.  We canceled the last remaining portion of our trip On Friday. We had made many changes, including dropping many places and  countries. But have now decided to travel domestically.  Good luck! 

1 minute ago, milolii said:

I agree with you.  At least don’t make final payment until necessary.  We canceled the last remaining portion of our trip On Friday. We had made many changes, including dropping many places and  countries. But have now decided to travel domestically.  Good luck! 

I am getting there. Considering an Alaska cruise from Seattle but cost is high for a 7/ day trip

4 minutes ago, lucyandricky said:

Wowzz....Same here in the States.  Policy made on the hoof and who do you believe????

Yup, all nightclubs can open in England from yesterday, but from September only fully vaccinated people will be allowed in. 

So, 8 weeks of a free for all. Just nincompoopery. 

• Like 5

we are scheduled for the Nov 5 TA on the Sky.  I only made the $800 down payment and was going to wait for the final day to pay the rest. I am pretty sure the down payment is refundable.  Hope I'm right about this. We would be unable to go anyway - if a 10 day quarantine was required before the cruise. Thanks for any info

I’m booked on 4 back to back cruises on the Sky embarking on October 5th and disembarking in November 20, 2021. I hope the UK eliminates the quarantine requirements, but don’t think it’s likely with cases going up everywhere. They did remove the quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated UK residents returning home.