What capacity will MSC be sailing at in August.?

mimi217

I have seen zero info about their plan.  I can say September US sailings have no interior option, at least for our two sailings.

We are trying to add person to our YC sailing and their lots to be desired customer service says no but we could book via web site.  

Quite unpredictable because that will most likely to have something to do with the restrictions that will to be low of the land at your cruise region at your date's time. Either way, most people feel not confident enough to cruise yet, so don't count on a full sip. Far from that sadly. I believe the current real demand to be barely a little bit above the 50% occupancy mark, with some exceptions. 2021 summer cruise season is sadly done. Let us to have a hope on 2022...

Have a nice day!...

Hi,

but be aware a ship well below the full capacity still can have 100% full pax in YC.

I have booked two YC cruises in Sept. in Europe and am a bit concerned that seats in TSL and other YC areas are limited. This might reduce the luxury experience of „you will always find a free seat“.

Will try to cruise anyway😀

21 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

Same with us, 2 cruises in YC July and Sept. 21. 

Tons of balconies available, but YC fully booked

We're October 16, and lots of rooms still available, YC1, and today one of the Royal Suites opened up as well. And when I say lots, as an example, on deck 16 where our room's located, there are only 2 others booked. Deck 18 only has 3 rooms booked. Unless these are all rooms that haven't been assigned yet after everyone's rooms went up for grabs a while back. Although that makes no sense, because I'm seeing these rooms available on another travel website. They're all available for booking.

Just had a thought. If everyone in YC is vaccinated during our week, wonder if they'd do a no mask required thing there?

2 hours ago, jules815 said:

We're October 16, and lots of rooms still available, YC1, and today one of the Royal Suites opened up as well. And when I say lots, as an example, on deck 16 where our room's located, there are only 2 others booked. Deck 18 only has 3 rooms booked. Unless these are all rooms that haven't been assigned yet after everyone's rooms went up for grabs a while back. Although that makes no sense, because I'm seeing these rooms available on another travel website. They're all available for booking.

Just had a thought. If everyone in YC is vaccinated during our week, wonder if they'd do a no mask required thing there?

No masks in YC would be great.  Hope we are allowed to board whenever we want.  I'd hate to miss out on the first day because of a very late boarding time.  Did our check in for Oct. 30 cruise today.  

• Like 2

We booked Meraviglia for Sept 3. All categories available, free balcony upgrades and kids sail free making our fare $95pp. In the meantime, Royal is charging $650pp for the same weekend and no quads available. Go figure. 

9 hours ago, lakelorain said:

No masks in YC would be great.  Hope we are allowed to board whenever we want.  I'd hate to miss out on the first day because of a very late boarding time.  Did our check in for Oct. 30 cruise today.  

I would not bet on this...

You will get a boarding time .....even in YC..

On 7/14/2021 at 3:23 PM, jules815 said:

I'm booked YIN October 2nd on Meraviglia. As of this post there are 33 YC1's available. 1 YIN available. 4 YC Duplex Suites available. Hopefully by sail date I'll get an upgrade or be able to bid at a reasonable price to upgrade. I'm also thinking that the protocols will be updated by October. Hopefully with minimal mask wearing.

On 7/14/2021 at 5:58 PM, lakelorain said:

I am sorry to say that even in YC, even with only 16 suites out of 100 sold, even with a Diamond status, even with a YC2 suite, we are not given a choice for the embarkation time. 

This sailing is in just 24 days.

Hopefully by the time you sail, they will have improved the system and learned something from the other cruise lines who have the courtesy of offering choices. In this case YC does not matter at all. We asked. 

Like you, we are in SW FL so we will drive to the port and have the flexibility of leaving that same morning, as early as we'd like.

Edited by Fighterone
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Fighterone said:

I am sorry to say that even in YC, even with only 16 suites out of 100 sold, even with a Diamond status, even with a YC2 suite, we are not given a choice for the embarkation time. 

This sailing is in just 24 days.

Hopefully by the time you sail, they will have improved the system and learned something from the other cruise lines who have the courtesy of offering choices. In this case YC does not matter at all. We asked. 

Like you, we are in SW FL so we will drive to the port and have the flexibility of leaving that same morning, as early as we'd like.

We did our online check-in yesterday, but no docs available until 20 days before our sailing. Is that when we'll be assigned a boarding time?? We don't sail until 10/16.

2 hours ago, jules815 said:

We did our online check-in yesterday, but no docs available until 20 days before our sailing. Is that when we'll be assigned a boarding time?? We don't sail until 10/16.

Hopefully by then they won't need to assign boarding times. Our case was different since we booked at the last minute. 

1 hour ago, MouseBerry said:

Hi,

not sure when they will assign they boarding time. Maybe it is already assigned based on cabin location. But they will reveal the boarding time to you with the docs.

Yes and also on the app, MSC for Me.