Royal app is teasing me.

Ok, so I just went in the app to check to see if checkin was available. We are on Aug 15 Allure. Anyway, I swear to god it said checkin in on the middle bottom next to dining and health! I got all excited and checked the itinerary to make sure I was on the correct cruise, and it disappeared!!!! 🥴

13 minutes ago, mavo68 said:

Ok, so I just went in the app to check to see if checkin was available. We are on Aug 15 Allure. Anyway, I swear to god it said checkin in on the middle bottom next to dining and health! I got all excited and checked the itinerary to make sure I was on the correct cruise, and it disappeared!!!! 🥴

Doubtful it said that. We are on the allure on august 8th and we still cant. Its 2-3 weeks prior now. At least that was the latest I read.

I'm on Symphony Aug 29th and I open the app every day to see if I can check in yet.  I'm curious to know, from those who have successfully used the app to check in, where on app do we go to check in (assuming it is available)?  I want to make sure I'm looking for it in the right place.

I can tell the app is updating, because they had to adjust our itinerary to drop Labadee and add Nassau.  I just don't know where to look for an eventual check in which could be available any day now.

3 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

Doubtful it said that. We are on the allure on august 8th and we still cant. Its 2-3 weeks prior now. At least that was the latest I read.

We're on Allure on August 22 so will watch this and other threads etc. about check-in.  I'm also checking the website and the App.  

4 hours ago, mavo68 said:

It’s like when you are in a desert and you think you see water off in the distance when you really don’t. A sign you are cruise deprived. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

It’s like when you are in a desert and you think you see water off in the distance when you really don’t. A sign you are cruise deprived. 

This is a sign you are cruise deprived... 
34fe512a7e08673847b1e7c23a4b4d46.jpeg.f4af4903aaf45b0cf98b68cdb98f1d41.jpeg

It may look like a ship in the ocean...

But its a rip in a leather sofa 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I think they are having glitches. I was strangely able to check in on the website for our August 13 Ovation cruise. I went through all of the passport, address, emergency contact questions and my Set Sail pass poppped up.  I saved a PDF of it. When I went to see if it showed up on the app it wasn't there. I went back to the website and it said check in was not available. No one else on our roll call has been able to check in. I got an email from Royal a few hours later stating I was all checked in! Everything still says check in not available.   We'll see if I have to check in again 🤷‍♀️

11 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

This is a sign you are cruise deprived... 
34fe512a7e08673847b1e7c23a4b4d46.jpeg.f4af4903aaf45b0cf98b68cdb98f1d41.jpeg

It may look like a ship in the ocean...

But its a rip in a leather sofa 

It totally does look like a  ship in the ocean! 😂

8 hours ago, Baowen said:

I think they are having glitches. I was strangely able to check in on the website for our August 13 Ovation cruise. I went through all of the passport, address, emergency contact questions and my Set Sail pass poppped up.  I saved a PDF of it. When I went to see if it showed up on the app it wasn't there. I went back to the website and it said check in was not available. No one else on our roll call has been able to check in. I got an email from Royal a few hours later stating I was all checked in! Everything still says check in not available.   We'll see if I have to check in again 🤷‍♀️

I have had precisely this happen in pre-pandemic times so not at all surprised there are glitches at the present time. We are just over 70 days from our sailing on Harmony and still no sign of check-in being available. It does say on the desktop version that they will email us when it opens. I'll be interested to see if that does actually happen. 

16 hours ago, mavo68 said:

We’re on the August 22 Allure and I noticed the same thing yesterday.  Check in  was there and when I tried to do it I got a message like Checkin is closed, Checkin at the pier, or something like that.  I logged out and when I logged back in it was gone 😢

16 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

It was there for us for our August 22 Allure cruise, but I couldn’t Checkin, and then it disappeared 

39 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

It was there for us for our August 22 Allure cruise, but I couldn’t Checkin, and then it disappeared 

It’s open!!!!! It may have been getting ready!! Who know. But yeah!!!

7BA5D860-A756-4330-8C6D-E5616437C95B.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

I have had precisely this happen in pre-pandemic times so not at all surprised there are glitches at the present time. We are just over 70 days from our sailing on Harmony and still no sign of check-in being available. It does say on the desktop version that they will email us when it opens. I'll be interested to see if that does actually happen. 

It turns out that check in for the Aug 13 Ovation finally opened up this morning and my set sail pass was waiting for me with all of my info that I had input yesterday.  

• Like 1