Capacity limits for Miracle?

Bobbysjack

Horizon and vista are not sailing at any particular capacity. They sold as many cabins until 2 days before and cut off booking. Capacity can be double pax per cabin or full capacity with every cabin fully booked, which is more normal in the summer. 

They been running 3800ish and 3900ish so far, but you cant assume oh they hit 75% because that was a target. Breeze sailed yesterday. Look at how many they managed to book. They offered some great prices on 4 and 5 days. Trying to replace cancellations.

You say it like they targeted 75% and therefore miracle should follow ..it will depend on demand. 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Horizon and vista are not sailing at any particular capacity. They sold as many cabins until 2 days before and cut off booking. Capacity can be double pax per cabin or full capacity with every cabin fully booked, which is more normal in the summer. 

They been running 3800ish and 3900ish so far, but you cant assume oh they hit 75% because that was a target. Breeze sailed yesterday. Look at how many they managed to book. They offered some great prices on 4 and 5 days. Trying to replace cancellations.

You say it like they targeted 75% and therefore miracle should follow ..it will depend on demand. 

And where did you get these numbers?  We booked due to Carnival's published notes about limited capacity?

What 

9 minutes ago, DGNewton said:

And where did you get these numbers?  We booked due to Carnival's published notes about limited capacity?

What 

I've seen in here how many are on several vista and horizon. People posting who are on or got home. 

I hacent seen where carnival published it .. where can I read it? When carnival tells us I hope on monday I might have some on my cruises cancelling. They are just waiting to hear the terms.

They will stuff as many passengers on the ship as they can sell tickets for. The only limiting factor is the number of crew members available to service them. There are no mandates to limit capacity. When you hear of cruise lines announcing capacity restrictions it is because they know they will not have the crew for all of them.

1 hour ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

They will stuff as many passengers on the ship as they can sell tickets for. The only limiting factor is the number of crew members available to service them. There are no mandates to limit capacity. When you hear of cruise lines announcing capacity restrictions it is because they know they will not have the crew for all of them.

Sorry, but I disagree. Carnival with place as many guests on the ship as they feel comfortable, which is MUCH less than full capacity. They will cut off ticket sales when what they determine is the imaximum capacity for a safe sailing in the CDC's eyes. (blaacccchhhh). They are walking a tightrope while trying to maximize profits, while making every attempt to satiate all powers to be to hinder their goal. 

That's my opinion, and I am  unanimous in that! :classic_biggrin:

4 hours ago, DGNewton said:

What 

John Heald did post to his blog about the Horizon sailing at 75% pax. The count was 2900.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Sorry ...my bad. They were under 3k. 2800ish and 2900ish.

Previous poster was correct. I added 1k to the count. My mistake. I knew but posted the wrong numbers.