Guy's Pig & Anchor Smokehouse

DGNewton

First time we had this on our cruise with a Guy's Pig & Anchor Smokehouse.

Is this included or is there an upgrade?  Maybe lunch is included, not dinner?

Would like to know about the cost and how was the food - can't see how Guy's would be a let down.

A menu would be great!!!!

What ship are you on.

On vista for instance it's just what it says, bbq and sides. I liked it and the sides. Yes it's free. I prefer the pulled pork. They have buns on the side to make sandwiches

On sister horizon its moved into the pig and whistle and dinner I believe has ala carte, but have only been on vista and lower. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

What ship are you on.

On vista for instance it's just what it says, bbq and sides. I liked it and the sides. Yes it's free. I prefer the pulled pork. They have buns on the side to make sandwiches

On sister horizon its moved into the pig and whistle and dinner I believe has ala carte, but have only been on vista and lower. 

We are on the Horizon and wondered?  Any others please comment and thank you for your reply!!!!

6 minutes ago, DGNewton said:

We are on the Horizon and wondered?  Any others please comment and thank you for your reply!!!!

Just off the Horizon yesterday!  Lunch is included and it is a buffet line on the outside deck, that is served by staff.  You tell them what you want and they plate it for you.  Hubby had chicken, I had sausage (very good), and we sampled all of the sides.  Overall, we were not impressed.  We only had lunch there once.  Our favorites for lunch were the Brunches in the MDR on sea days and Guy's Burgers on port days.  

We chose not to pay to for a BBQ dinner, though we ended up doing the Steakhouse twice, JiJi's Asian twice and the Italian restaurant once.  I think any of those three are a better choice for dinner.  

The Steakhouse charges is $38 per person, and the others we tried were $15 per person.  We bought the onboard package that includes the Steakhouse and two others for $60 per person, and felt it was a good value.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DGNewton said:

Would like to know about the cost and how was the food - can't see how Guy's would be a let down.

The outdoor bbq lunch is free. The a la carte menu in the smokehouse is additional charge 

The one labeled guys pig and anchor bbq is the free lunch. The one labeled smokehouse is the a la carte menu.

https://saintgregtravel.com/menus/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DGNewton said:

scroll down to dinner time on this and you can see when I ate the a la carte menu. 

https://saintgregtravel.com/panorama-puerto-vallarta/