2 Different Doses - Considered Unvacciated

Marymommyof3

5 minutes ago, cruisintoddler said:

Interesting that Dr Njoo mentions that because of the variants, residents of Canada are still not recommended to travel outside of Canada.

So basically insurance is invalid if travelling against Govt. advice.

1 hour ago, Thenagers said:

It is the simpliest because only 1 dose but I have heard it is way less effective! The mixed dose people are probably more protected!

I couldn't care less about being protected or not I just got it to be able to cruise and live a "normal" life. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

The US is unlikely to change until Canada opens the borders fully.  This is all politics.  

US citizens who are fully vaccinated will be able to enter Canada starting August 9th. There still hasn't been any announcement that the US will allow Canadians to enter the US>

6 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

This is absolutely correct. Israel is already doing boosters for immunocompromised folks because their efficacy is less on these folks. There may also be boosters for larger folks with higher BMI's as data seems to indicate that they too, may need booster vaccines to keep up their antibodies. Some people will absolutely need them.    

I went ahead and got a 3rd shot today. Im not taking any chances and Im getting on that ship come September. Having a crappy immune system on a good day is so ass. Now if Im lucky 🍀 that 3rd shot will bring my immunity level against Covid up to the level of an average healthy person. Otherwise I guess I can always get shot 4 on 8/9/21. 
Again, my advice to Canadians who have received the mixed doses… ask your doctor about getting that 3rd shot to get a matched set of a 2 dose regimen. 

Edited by bdever
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Marymommyof3 said:

I just found out that Carnival changed it's policies and if you were vaccinated with AstraZeneca and Pfizer or Moderna, you are considered unvaccinated.  I get their reasoning, but here in Canada we were told to get whatever was available to us and that is exactly what I did and now I because of me, my family will not be able to cruise - I refuse to apply for exemption because I don't feel that I should have to bare the extra costs because of doing something that I was told to do.  Do you think this will change down the road?

That totally sucks.  I totally understand that the Canadian govt was trying to protect its citizens.  And Carnival has to follow CDC guidelines.  I can't even guess how long it will take the CDC to "know" if it is ok or not.  I dont know what I would do in your position.  I know all this will pass but when?????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bdever said:

I went ahead and got a 3rd shot today. Im not taking any chances and Im getting on that ship come September. Having a crappy immune system on a good day is so ass. Now if Im lucky 🍀 that 3rd shot will bring my immunity level against Covid up to the level of an average healthy person. Otherwise I guess I can always get shot 4 on 8/9/21. 
Again, my advice to Canadians who have received the mixed doses… ask your doctor about getting that 3rd shot to get a matched set of a 2 dose regimen. 

Good for you! Hope your sailing goes well and you have a great time! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bdever said:

Is that even safe? Goodness, I hope the best for you. I assume you have discussed this with your doctor. Good luck!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

Is that even safe? Goodness, I hope the best for you. I assume you have discussed this with your doctor. Good luck!

Safer than ending up in hospital due to a breakthrough covid case because I have a compromised immune system with 2 doses that didn’t raise my level of protection to that of a healthy person and our wonderful CDC/Government does not want to make an announcement on booster shots & in the meantime immune compromised peeps are the sacrificial lambs. Ya, not waiting to become a statistic of the “extremely rare” case of a “fully” vaccinated person with underlying immune compromised conditions that ended up on a ventilator that could have been prevented IF she got that booster dose. Nope, I’m not that girl. Not when doctors have already been prescribing 3rd doses in this country in cases involving immune compromised & organ transplant recipients and when like cruisingguy007 pointed out, other countries have already been giving out 3rd dose boosters to their vulnerable. Stay safe MamallamaAndDaddy and good luck 🍀 to you as well!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bdever said:

MrMarc you’re my hero! Thanks for keeping it real.

Yep, I'm a walking and talking experiment.  Not really, prescribed by my Dr. And based on my lack of any side effects at all, I'm still not confident that I have really generated any immune response.  Maybe I'm immune to the vaccine.  Oh well, I've done everything I can.  Found out tonight that my September 19th cruise on Dream will be her first post-COVID cruise.  I feel like I won the lottery.  OK, maybe not the big prize, but one of the ones you have to go to the office to get.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Family Dr wasn’t in control of the vaccine, we can’t get it from our family dr. We need to register in the government website, when it’s our turn they will contact us to make appointment. No jump line even if we want too. There’s testing/vaccine site that we go to get it. Everyone will need to bring ID along with care card. It would be hard to get a 3rd dose with them tracking it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fatcat604 said:

Family Dr wasn’t in control of the vaccine, we can’t get it from our family dr. We need to register in the government website, when it’s our turn they will contact us to make appointment. No jump line even if we want too. There’s testing/vaccine site that we go to get it. Everyone will need to bring ID along with care card. It would be hard to get a 3rd dose with them tracking it. 

That's why everyone is coming the US to get vaccinated.  If you need a 3rd dose or your 2nd early all someone has to do is go to another pharmacy.

Edited by lobster1313
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

That's why everyone is coming the US to get vaccinated.  If you need a 3rd dose or your 2nd early all someone has to do is go to another pharmacy.

I am seriously thinking of doing that. Drive to New York state and get a Pfizer or J and J shot. 

I'm not worried about side effects as I was told my mixing of vaccines would cause some pretty bad side effects.

8 hours ago, K_e_short said:

I am seriously thinking of doing that. Drive to New York state and get a Pfizer or J and J shot. 

I'm not worried about side effects as I was told my mixing of vaccines would cause some pretty bad side effects.

OK, so Carnival approves mixing Pfizer and Moderna....but not with AstraZeneca....I'm sure that will change...the US weren't going to let any Canadians into attending a Bruce Springsteen concert down the road..if they had AstraZeneca..that sure changed quick

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, abby1257 said:

OK, so Carnival approves mixing Pfizer and Moderna....but not with AstraZeneca....I'm sure that will change...the US weren't going to let any Canadians into attending a Bruce Springsteen concert down the road..if they had AstraZeneca..that sure changed quick

Carnival hasnt approved any medical doses. John said yesterday they are waiting on the cdc today to confirm what is allowed. Lobster got on with a mixed dose, but then it came to light there was a cdc issue. His video said he hoped for a answer on mixing doses today. It's not a carnival issue, its rcl, ncl etc. Carnival allowed what rcl did not allow and now cdc is deciding. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BrotherCraig said:

Who are they?  Nobody is recommending a 3rd shot right now.  

The people selling the drugs...

Right now, evidence points to Moderna/Pfizer protection not fading yet. Boosters will likely only be needed if the virus continues on beyond 2022 (which it may with so many refusing the vaccine).

Personally, I'd rather be around people that had 2 different doses over somebody who only had J&J.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Carnival hasnt approved any medical doses. John said yesterday they are waiting on the cdc today to confirm what is allowed. Lobster got on with a mixed dose, but then it came to light there was a cdc issue. His video said he hoped for a answer on mixing doses today. It's not a carnival issue, its rcl, ncl etc. Carnival allowed what rcl did not allow and now cdc is deciding. 

John said this morning that more information will be coming for Canadians booked up until October.

Hopefully someone can post that since my cruise is in December so I won't get that email.

It is a CDC thing. I am not blaming Carnival, or any other cruise line. I hate that what I thought was the right thing has caused me so much stress and frustration.

Travelling is my happy place and this is not making me happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jamesatgsu said:

Right now, evidence points to Moderna/Pfizer protection not fading yet. Boosters will likely only be needed if the virus continues on beyond 2022 (which it may with so many refusing the vaccine).

Personally, I'd rather be around people that had 2 different doses over somebody who only had J&J.

I don't want to get into whether the science was right or wrong (I'm so over looking at % and cases and chances blahblahblah).

I was told that getting a vector vaccine (Astra Zeneca) and MRNA (Pfizer) mix would give me way more protection as the two types would do two different things. Oh and the side effects would be horrible 🙂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

Then get two doses.  If you are vaccinated, does not matter if someone had J&J one dose or someone being unvaccinated. It doesn't matter so that last comment was just odd.

I had J&J and I get an antibody test every 4 weeks.... lights up nice and bright with antibodies every time.  I will probably get one dose of Pfizer in the future if my antibodies wind down a bit but no need right now.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

I don't want to get into whether the science was right or wrong (I'm so over looking at % and cases and chances blahblahblah).

I was told that getting a vector vaccine (Astra Zeneca) and MRNA (Pfizer) mix would give me way more protection as the two types would do two different things. Oh and the side effects would be horrible 🙂

Co-worker of mine got the J&J show back in March and her antibodies were not showing up well on the antibody test and bloodwork.  She recently got a Moderna (to boost) vaccine and she was so sick for three days but is now feeling great.  Her antibodies are showing high and loud now.  lol  She might be good for a lifetime -- or we hope.  Just don't know.

Edited by BrotherCraig
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

I get an antibody test every 4 weeks

Is this a work thing or a personal thing?  What kind of employer is worried about antibody levels and why?  Do you hang around Covid patients all day?  Just curious as i havent heard of this being a required thing for any employer and you would think it would be front page news the way the media plays all things Covid like its the end of times. 

• Like 1