Carnival - Insurance now required in FL and TX for unvaccinated cruisers.

2 minutes ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

Announced by John today. Carnival FL and TX cruises require insurance for unvaccinated. They will also have to pay $150 for testing. 

Just Florida and Texas? It seemed like it was any cruise, including those beginning in Sept and Oct like the Pride out of Maryland. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iamsteph said:

Just Florida and Texas? It seemed like it was any cruise, including those beginning in Sept and Oct like the Pride out of Maryland. 

I don't disagree but John made sure to stress TX and FL today in his video. He didn't mention any other state. 

6 minutes ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

Announced by John today. Carnival FL and TX cruises require insurance for unvaccinated. They will also have to pay $150 for testing. 

I thought that was already in place for July and August for sailings out of Florida.

Does this mean all sailings now? And Texas, too?

1 minute ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

I don't disagree but John made sure to stress TX and FL today in his video. He didn't mention any other state. 

I'm sure official, written guidance will come out shortly. I'm vaccinated, so I was only half listening 🙂 

6 minutes ago, Babr said:

I thought that was already in place for July and August for sailings out of Florida.

Does this mean all sailings now? And Texas, too?

Texas starting in august I heard him say.

Or you can get a refund. .. finally. 

The insurance is only for unvaccinated...not sure it was said before

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BroadwayGirl said:

Assuming that will change to include Baltimore and Nola (and any other port they added today). Can't imagine that will just be a Texas and FL requirement as it's to eliminate financial risk

Doesn't bother me or my party, we all got the shot 😛

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TheCruisingBrewers said:

What about kids under the age of 12 and over 2? Do they fall into unvaccinated and needing insurance?

The official word on the carnival website says it's advised for under 12 set, but not mandatory.  There''s other details as well. GO check the website. 

11 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

Same for the Oct 17th Pride.    I'll be in your town starting on Friday to visit my dad whos high risk...made possible by the shot! 

FredVegas eh? If so, its a small world!

17 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

The official word on the carnival website says it's advised for under 12 set, but not mandatory.  There''s other details as well. GO check the website. 

Or wait for it to be updated. It just now came out from john its mandatory. It just got changed 15 minutes ago.

5 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

Yep!  FredVegas. It's certainly exploded in the 20 years he's been there.  I remember when Central Park was just a Target and Massaponax was actually outlets! 

Been here since 1979, it's a shame what the local gov't has let it become....

Almost every day it changes. Florida won against the CDC. That did not last very long. Now another judge, some idiot over turned the ruling against the CDC in Florida. Back to square one.  98% employees, and 95% guests must be vaccinated and 5 % non vaccinated. So without actually requesting that they check your vaccination information how is a cruise line to know? Florida does not allow them to do so. Things were going just fine till the CDC sticks its monkey wrench into it. Carnival had it down great. Ask the guest if they would not mind showing the vaccination card. Who would not if you are vaccinated? Those that did not, were considered non vaccinated and they are probably are not.  So simple. and legal.  Our September cruise was cancelled. I hope by October 30, when we finally cruise on the Mardi Gras, all of this will be finished, but I doubt it.

• Like 3

This is a part of what JH just posted in his new announcement for today (I have posted the entire thing in another thread if you wish to read it all), but here is the part that answers your question.  It says "Carnival will", so I believe this means all ships, it does not stipulate certain ships only for the testing, but it stipulates certain ones for the insurance:

Carnival will continue to welcome unvaccinated guests on board, but all unvaccinated guests including children under the age of 12, will be subject to pre-cruise and pre-embarkation testing and testing again prior to debarkation (on cruises longer than four days) along with a $150 per person charge to cover the costs of testing, reporting and health and safety screenings. At this time, Carnival is limiting operation of its supervised youth programs to vaccinated children and youth 12 years and older. Unvaccinated guests departing from Florida (effective July 31) and Texas (effective Aug. 2) will also need to show proof of travel insurance coverage, based on the itineraries being sailed and the requirements of ports and destinations visited. These additional measures will be in place through at least October but may be extended based on guidance from public health and medical advisors and the requirements of destination partners.

Edited by wemjam