Faster to the Fun

Heelyeah30

47 minutes ago, wemjam said:

I would say no.  They likely will be cancelling it on your and issuing a refund.  Right now at least until the end of of October, all the current protocols apply and this means timed entry for everyone and no faster to the fun.

That's what we figured but keeping our fingers crossed.  

If I had it, I would not cancel it (I am Diamond so I don't get it).  I would hold out and wait for them too, just in case they change their tune and you can take advantage of it for sure!  

We are cruising with 2 rooms of family members in October for one of our cruises and I still watch to see if becomes available for them just in case.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Aussie65 said:

I have FTTF on sept 12 on the Pride from Baltimore, I would love if Carnival would make a decision and let us know if it is going to be available or if we will get a refund.

Right behind you for Sept 19 on the Pride. FTTF still showing in my account. Time will tell all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wemjam said:

If I had it, I would not cancel it (I am Diamond so I don't get it).  I would hold out and wait for them too, just in case they change their tune and you can take advantage of it for sure!  

We are cruising with 2 rooms of family members in October for one of our cruises and I still watch to see if becomes available for them just in case.

We don't plan to cancel ours for Sept.  Figure worse case is that they give us the OBC for the amount.  

1 hour ago, bigrednole said:

I have it for Nov and expect it to be there. With more ships sailing, they are going to want to get as much money coming in as they can. As they use July, August, and September to learn, they will know more. 

May I ask what ship and when in November?  We are booked for November and  it is saying sold out, I was thinking it was not being offered but we may have missed the window.

10 hours ago, azkimski said:

May I ask what ship and when in November?  We are booked for November and  it is saying sold out, I was thinking it was not being offered but we may have missed the window.

Welcome to C.C. Keep checking for FTTF if you want it. They often release more slots as they sell more cabins. It may show as Sold Out for a while and then it will show up as available. It was cancelled for the July and Aug. restart so nobody knows for sure when they will bring back FTTF.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 4:47 PM, cruisehappyinJune said:

On my October booking the FTTF excursion is listed but is sold out. I’m stalking it just as I would have pre-COVID to see if any come available. I was hoping that with today’s announcement we might hear about the future of FTTF. I may be wasting my time, but I will be so happy to snag one on the off-chance they bring it back by October!

I am doing the same for my October cruise. 

16 hours ago, FloridaMommyof3 said:

It's being offered on my 9/9/21 cruise on the Magic.  I'm passing on it this time but I do usually get it.

That's interesting, since it's not available for our Sept. 18th cruise on Magic.  

I'm kind of torn between getting it or not.  I've gotten it once before and didn't really feel like it was worth it - yes, we were able to go right to our cabin which was nice, but our luggage didn't show up until 7 PM, and the early debarkation wasn't really a big deal for us.  

We got our FTTF by luck. It was sold out in January and we booked in February after a cruise was canceled. It showed up as available, tried adding to the cart, it failed about 5x, then got there. This was back in May. I was told to keep an eye out at the key 30-day windows because that is when people usually cancel: 120 days out, 90 days out, 60 days out, and 30 days out. 

I do hope that they restart FTTF. With more ships coming online and more people cruising, I think they should bring it back. It is a simple solution. It is the same that they did for Diamond and Platinum booking 16 days out. Just let FTTF book 15 days out. 

3 hours ago, groundloop said:

That's interesting, since it's not available for our Sept. 18th cruise on Magic.  

I'm kind of torn between getting it or not.  I've gotten it once before and didn't really feel like it was worth it - yes, we were able to go right to our cabin which was nice, but our luggage didn't show up until 7 PM, and the early debarkation wasn't really a big deal for us.  

Yes I feel the same.  I don't see any reason for why I would need to go to guest services on this cruise and I don't feel any need to rush to my room.  That's funny about your luggage as the same thing happened to me last time I got FTTF. 

3 hours ago, groundloop said:

Hey on the same cruise!  We are platinum and have been told that there will be no early boarding and that  we need to show up only  during our scheduled time. I guess that will be during the registration.  I think they are very concerned with crowds in the terminal,

20 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

Which is the way it should be...People today think "Why earn privileges when i can buy them"

Oh good grief.

Maybe cruisers should not be allowed to book suites until they have cruised 4 times, because why let them purchase a privilege that other have earned?

Everything in this capitalist-based environment is transaction based.  Theme-park skip the line passes!  Pay a bit more for extra leg room!

• Like 2

We were able to catch the FTTF for our September cruise very quickly - within 10 days of booking the cruise.  I just happened to be checking excursions and it was there as a suggestion.  I was quite surprised it was there and it stayed up for several days.  We thought it might be worth the purchase this time, but probably won't for our 2022 cruises. 

22 hours ago, sammee said:

Right behind you for Sept 19 on the Pride. FTTF still showing in my account. Time will tell all.

Look at your booking on the website, is your check in date 14 days out or 16 days?

Just received the not so fun email - Faster to the Fun. It is cancelled for my Sept 19 cruise on Pride. It says all Sept cruisings, it doesn't state my specific sailing, so anybody with a Sept sailing needs to keep a look out for it. Of course the usual saying my money will be returned.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sammee said:

Just received the not so fun email - Faster to the Fun. It is cancelled for my Sept 19 cruise on Pride. It says all Sept cruisings, it doesn't state my specific sailing, so anybody with a Sept sailing needs to keep a look out for it. Of course the usual saying my money will be returned.

Yeah, I also just got that same email.

Oh well, it was a nice thought!

OTOH, now I have $80 I thought I had spent, to spend elsewhere!

13 minutes ago, sammee said:

Got mine for September 4th also. 

7 minutes ago, tm_aw_love said:

Got mine for September 4th also. 

Should I still hold out hope for Sept 4th if it's still showing in my account and I haven't received the email? (Totally kidding, I'm sure it'll come soon.)

• Like 1