Decision date for Sept 25th cruises.

wowzz

20 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

On some cruises, they have done testing in your cabin.

The testing required on return to the UK from amber countries is a PCR test on day 2 and day 8. These are at your own expense and have to be booked and paid for before travel.

Just now, Rupert2251 said:

The testing required on return to the UK from amber countries is a PCR test on day 2 and day 8. These are at your own expense and have to be booked and paid for before travel.

Day 8 has been removed now, just day 2.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobblehat71 said:

Just incase anyone needs it Staysure currently offer an add on to your policy that allows for travel against Covid related FCO advice . eg. It will cover you for travel to Amber/Red Countries . 

That does not cover cruises they told me. 

Two companies appear to offer international cruise insurance at present against the FCDO advice of no international cruises. Suggest contacting Cover For You or CederTree. Ask the specific questions to see if it meets your needs. 

11 minutes ago, Castle25 said:

errrr - back on topic?............P&O do have a conundrum as the EU could still ban foreign cruise ships for a while yet.....

Exactly - so what do P&O do with Britannia and Iona at the end of September?

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Things are looking hopeful. All we need now is for ports to open up to cruise ships,  and the issue of tests on returning to the UK to be sorted out. 

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/cruise/international-cruise-ban-set-to-be-lifted-this-month

I am feeling a lot less hopeful about my September and October cruises due to rocketing covid cases.I wish I was sailing next week before things get even worse!

4 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I have a November cruise booked on Ventura, due date in a couple of weeks, Spain and Portugal, I think I will cancel and spend the money on something else. Don't fancy all this testing palaver

That is why we cancelled our October cruise with Princess, spend the money elsewhere, give cruising a break for a while and look forward to 2023 (maybe).

Everyone needs to do what makes sense to them. If you can't enjoy the cruise during the restrictions, indeed cancel and wait until you can.

Bright side for me is more people cancelling means prices will go down hah 😄 I have 6 cruises booked currently due to how good the prices are.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled currently. With the head of SAGA seemingly stating that international cruise advice would be changing later this month and some experts saying Italy/Spain are potentially going green in August, there's a good chance I can still sail!

1 hour ago, ScratchTheRat said:

I'm keeping my eyes peeled currently. With the head of SAGA seemingly stating that international cruise advice would be changing later this month and some experts saying Italy/Spain are potentially going green in August, there's a good chance I can still sail!

Italy is indeed looking good but Spain currently has the highest infection rate in mainland Europe (around 377 cases per 100k). Will keep my fingers crossed for you!

41 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Italy is indeed looking good but Spain currently has the highest infection rate in mainland Europe (around 377 cases per 100k). Will keep my fingers crossed for you!

377 is lower that much of England. I believe St Albans is getting in for 600. Fingers crossed it will all go away.

35 minutes ago, zap99 said:

377 is lower that much of England. I believe St Albans is getting in for 600. Fingers crossed it will all go away.

Yes, it is indeed much lower than many areas in England. Sadly however, that doesn't mean it will necessarily go on to the Green List...

1 minute ago, Britboys said:

Yes, it is indeed much lower than many areas in England. Sadly however, that doesn't mean it will necessarily go on to the Green List...

Being a bit selfish, the experts expect the numbers to start falling about Mid August. By then we would have completed 2 staycation cruises and getting ready for a third. As Bilbo would say. By September we will be quite ready for another adventure.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Being a bit selfish, the experts expect the numbers to start falling about Mid August. By then we would have completed 2 staycation cruises and getting ready for a third. As Bilbo would say. By September we will be quite ready for another adventure.

Really not trying to put a damper on things. I genuinely hope you and all those with European cruises booked in the Autumn get to go. Just feel nothing is guaranteed at present...