Private Ports of Call

K_e_short

Bear with me. I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that as a Canadian with AZ and Pfizer I am not considered vaccinated...

Is Amber Cove a private port of call?

The cruise I have booked goes to Princess Cays, Amber Cove, and Grand Turk.

I'm trying to figure out whether it's worth it for me to get an exemption.

From what I've read I'll be allowed off at Princess Cays (and hopefully Amber Cove).

I was not planning on doing any shore excursions. The plan was to sit at the pool/beach on all 3 locations.

Thank you.

You will need bubble tours for all but Princess Cays.

And please remember, its not Carnival, but the CDC that has made this ruling. I believe Carnival is currently working with health officials to find a way around this.

• Like 1

John said he is waiting for the cdc to determine about mixed dose canadians, he should have a answer he hopes from the cdc within 24 hours. Why assume what the cdc will say before they say it?

Rcl and ncl also waiting as I've posted about 6 times. I guess doesnt matter to some on here. My TA is in canada so I assure you he too is waiting and on top of this. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

And please remember, its not Carnival, but the CDC that has made this ruling. I believe Carnival is currently working with health officials to find a way around this.

Has john said the CDC ruling is out? I guess I missed it. Sorry. Can you give me a link? I'll go look now

22 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

i know it is CDC and not Carnival, or any other cruise line for that matter.

I'm thinking worse case scenario 🙂

So I can get off at Princess Cays but no one else. Amber Cove is not considered a private island.

Got it.

I'm happy to stay on the ship and sit by the pool and drink my free Cheers 🙂

21 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

John said he is waiting for the cdc to determine about mixed dose canadians, he should have a answer he hopes from the cdc within 24 hours. Why assume what the cdc will say before they say it?

Rcl and ncl also waiting as I've posted about 6 times. I guess doesnt matter to some on here. My TA is in canada so I assure you he too is waiting and on top of this. 

Why assume?

Because I'm thinking worse case scenario.

I am booked on a cruise in December. I'm from Ottawa where it gets cold and snowy. I booked it as a bonus cruise to enjoy hot sun during the winter.

I'm fine paying $150 to get tested as unvaccinated. I'm fine staying on the ship because I would not be doing a tour anyways so no need to book a bubble tour.

I already have insurance.

I will also add that this is more for my 14 year old son who has dealt with a lot of crap with Covid the last two years. Funny thing is he got two Pfizers so he is fully vaccinated and would be able to leave the cruise ship 🙂