Carnival Horizon inside cabin temperature.

pokerguy90

• pokerguy90 changed the title to Carnival Horizon inside cabin temperature.

Only briefly did our balcony room get above 68. Closing the curtains and minimizing opening the balcony door took care of that. It stayed around 68 mostly 24x8. It could be as cool as 66. I did read of complaints by some that their cabins were too warm, but that could just be subjective.

I did think some of the public areas were on the warm side, but it is summer in the Caribbean. 

I think the inside rooms are much cooler than the balcony just due to the glass and door leading to the outside....In general we freeze at night and wear sweatshirts.....we bring a blanket to cover our legs too.....but would rather have it cold than uncomfortable heat when we are all sunburnt!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DGNewton said:

I think the inside rooms are much cooler than the balcony just due to the glass and door leading to the outside....In general we freeze at night and wear sweatshirts.....we bring a blanket to cover our legs too.....but would rather have it cold than uncomfortable heat when we are all sunburnt!

Ditto... the sun beating on the glass on balcony cabins can make them a little warmer, even with the heavy drapes.  Sometimes it depends where on the ship the room is also though, inside rooms can be stuffy and warm at times too.

Edited by wemjam

We are essentially lizards that live in a terrarium at home (76 deg F is the lowest we set the thermostat for AC cooling, usually 77 deg F), so we don't mind the room temps of the balcony/OV rooms.

But for those that like to sleep in a deep freeze, the interiors are likely to be cooler.

But as noted by @wemjam, even there no guarantees.  (Though I suspect newer ships will be better overall in all cabins.)

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
clarify AC cooling

4 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

We are essentially lizards that live in a terrarium at home (76 deg F is the lowest we set the thermostat for AC cooling, usually 77 deg F), so we don't mind the room temps of the balcony/OV rooms.

LOL! We turn our thermostat down to 76 at night. Raise it to 78 in the day. For A/C cooling. But we don't have the humidity that you all have. 

50 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

LOL! We turn our thermostat down to 76 at night. Raise it to 78 in the day. For A/C cooling. But we don't have the humidity that you all have. 

Yeah, I would set it higher if swinging a piece of paper around after a storm didn't result in wet mush!

I have friends who generally like it below 72 deg F, always.  But I do have other friends who like it as warm as we do.