Popcorn!?

tap_out

So in our humble opinion nothing beats sitting under the Caribbean sky with drink in hand enjoying a movie under the stars.  So I hear they are charging for popcorn now. Eh.... not ideal but oh well it is what it is.  With that being said it's pretty crappy popcorn but beats a blank lol. I read that it read $3. The servings in the past were pretty small, especially with  $3 price point? Any recent cruisers that can confirm the size? Price? Free refills? Thanks 

6 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

We were on the Breeze last week and can confirm the popcorn is in the same small container, and yes, they were charging $3 for it.  I don't know about free refills (as we didn't buy any).

I could say that is petty but whatever we're just happy to be cruising.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

If on Vista or Horizon and price is important, popcorn at the Imax was only $2.50

That's great to know! Thank you. But...but...but, Imax costs like $5.00 or something to get in, correct? 

Next question, did you go to the Imax? What are they showing there. I've always wanted to try it out. Like a movie theater on a ship. Out of sight! 

1 minute ago, Joe817 said:

That's great to know! Thank you. But...but...but, Imax costs like $5.00 or something to get in, correct? 

Next question, did you go to the Imax? What are they showing there. I've always wanted to try it out. Like a movie theater on a ship. Out of sight! 

I think more than $5 but didn't try this time. The concessions are before you enter the theater, so I think you could buy just popcorn. As I recall, there was a senior discount available. I forget the movies other than F9 and something about a female bodyguard something. There was a third one that was obviously a chick's flick and I immediately forgot 

Pretty sure the same movies also played for free on the Seaside theater.

52 minutes ago, tap_out said:

So in our humble opinion nothing beats sitting under the Caribbean sky with drink in hand enjoying a movie under the stars.  So I hear they are charging for popcorn now. Eh.... not ideal but oh well it is what it is.  With that being said it's pretty crappy popcorn but beats a blank lol. I read that it read $3. The servings in the past were pretty small, especially with  $3 price point? Any recent cruisers that can confirm the size? Price? Free refills? Thanks 

Carnival hasn't had revenue in a year plus, They are trying this out for awhile and will see where it leads. People might not like it but Carnival is a business and needs income in any which way they can attain it right now. 

• Like 4

I think more than $5 but didn't try this time. The concessions are before you enter the theater, so I think you could buy just popcorn. As I recall, there was a senior discount available. I forget the movies other than F9 and something about a female bodyguard something. There was a third one that was obviously a chick's flick and I immediately forgot 

Pretty sure the same movies also played for free on the Seaside theater.

No the movies playing in Imax have just released and so aren't playing at the Seaside Theater. 

• Thanks 1

I’m happy to make several $3 donations to the popcorn pool 🍿😃!

Let’s cruise!  And more importantly, let’s show our support for our favorite brand, Carnival!

with all the onboard credit floating around you know this cruise line has been very good to all of us. Let’s show some of that love back to them.

❤️❤️❤️

You’ll get no complaints from me about $3 popcorn or once a day room cleaning, or whatever else.  We’re back on the water, for however long it lasts, and I’m very grateful.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Circlt said:

I’m happy to make several $3 donations to the popcorn pool 🍿😃!

Let’s cruise!  And more importantly, let’s show our support for our favorite brand, Carnival!

with all the onboard credit floating around you know this cruise line has been very good to all of us. Let’s show some of that love back to them.

❤️❤️❤️

You’ll get no complaints from me about $3 popcorn or once a day room cleaning, or whatever else.  We’re back on the water, for however long it lasts, and I’m very grateful.

I will get three popcorns on the magic in a couple of weeks. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Carnival hasn't had revenue in a year plus, They are trying this out for awhile and will see where it leads. People might not like it but Carnival is a business and needs income in any which way they can attain it right now. 

Popcorn on open decks can create a mess that needs to be cleaned up and there aren't many pigeons at sea (a different kind of mess).

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Popcorn on open decks can create a mess that needs to be cleaned up and there aren't many pigeons at sea (a different kind of mess).

Well there you go, at $3 a pop(corn), I’m sure we will all be careful to make sure we eat every kernel.  Thanks so much for reminding us to appreciate our popcorn perks. 🙄

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Circlt said:

Well there you go, at $3 a pop(corn), I’m sure we will all be careful to make sure we eat every kernel.  Thanks so much for reminding us to appreciate our popcorn perks. 🙄

And if we don't eat every kernel, we can just throw what we don't eat overboard, and I'm sure the 57,000 sea creatures will thank you for a long time. It helps the sea creatures and the environment. And who can argue with that? :classic_wink:  (say, that's really a good idea)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

And if we don't eat every kernel, we can just throw what we don't eat overboard, and I'm sure the 57,000 sea creatures will thank you for a long time. It helps the sea creatures and the environment. And who can argue with that? :classic_wink:  (say, that's really a good idea)

Actually it’s never a good idea to feed non-native food to marine life, but I digress.  Actually what first occurred to me when I read your comment is logistics. On some ships, what you think you are throwing overboard is actually landing on the tiered balconies of your fellow cruisers below!! 😜😆😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think a condition of Carnival's probation is a reduction in the amount of popcorn that goes overboard.

Oh! Now that right there is FUNNY!!  :classic_laugh:  It would not surprise me at all if chengkp75, would come in and make a comment. I kinda wish he would. I respect his opinion. 

• Like 1

Pop Corn is about $10 at most theaters, Disneyland gets $5.25 for a small box. On Carnival the movie is free, and the pop corn is $3. IMAX on Vista and Horizon is an actual theater with a huge screen and killer sound system. Top ticket is $13, $10 for under 12 and geezers. Documentaries are $5.50 for all. Almost all that money goes to the film distributor. Carnival is doing you a solid by selling pop corn for $2.50 in the IMAX venues.

The secret to good pop corn is to use palm oil.

Please don't throw anything overboard. It is not allowed per the passenger contract. I don't care how exasperated you are with the slow bar waiters. Leave them on the deck please.

Edited by Moviela
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Circlt said:

Actually it’s never a good idea to feed non-native food to marine life, but I digress.  Actually what first occurred to me when I read your comment is logistics. On some ships, what you think you are throwing overboard is actually landing on the tiered balconies of your fellow cruisers below!! 😜😆😆

Of course we shouldn't throw anything overboard but uneaten food from the dining venues is chopped up and discharged overboard. 

8 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

I might be less bothered by this if they attempted to improve the taste. I won’t be buying it but I’m sure others will so *shrugs*. I get that the company needs money.

I agree.  If their popcorn was movie theater quality, I would have no issue with paying for it.  To me, it's not worth $3.  I have no issue with them charging for popcorn.  I will opt out unless they improve the quality and serving size.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Circlt said:

Oh, that's one way to get free popcorn.  Wait on my balcony with a cup.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2