Unlimited dinning question?

Can it be used for a la carte items? ( i think it said $30 credit)

So if I wanted Johnny Rocket's or a specialty pastry/ice cream, could I use the credit there? 

Is it $30 per sitting? or $30 per day for a la carte?

It will be whatever a la carte credit at each sitting. So if Izumi's has a $35 credit, then you can go multiple times and use up the credit. I believe only dining places are available, not ice cream or desert/pastry places.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, AustinCruise said:

Speciality restaurants are not typically open on port day for lunch.

I have no experience with this situation but for our upcoming cruise on the Allure, there are 3 specialty restaurants that show they are open for lunch (Chops, Giovanni's & Sabor) on Day 1.  In addition Johnny Rockets is open for snacks.  Hours vary slightly with only Sabor open after 1:30 (till 3) plus Johnny Rockets all day.  I would assume if they are open on embarkation day they are mostly aimed at those doing Back to Back since I doubt there will be enough time for those checking in to get on board and to the location in time for 1:30.  We will be doing back to back and unlimited the second week, so if this is the situation, it will be important to us.

I must admit I am uncertain about this mostly because of the uncertainty about reservations.  But since the price went down $21 PP we're going to give it a try.  

7 hours ago, DeanD said:

I have no experience with this situation but for our upcoming cruise on the Allure, there are 3 specialty restaurants that show they are open for lunch (Chops, Giovanni's & Sabor) on Day 1.  In addition Johnny Rockets is open for snacks.  Hours vary slightly with only Sabor open after 1:30 (till 3) plus Johnny Rockets all day.  I would assume if they are open on embarkation day they are mostly aimed at those doing Back to Back since I doubt there will be enough time for those checking in to get on board and to the location in time for 1:30.  We will be doing back to back and unlimited the second week, so if this is the situation, it will be important to us.

I must admit I am uncertain about this mostly because of the uncertainty about reservations.  But since the price went down $21 PP we're going to give it a try.  

Which sailing?  I know our October sailing the earliest check in was 1pm.  I figured by the time you get on the ship, lunch is over.   Also, when did the proce go down to 21pp?

thanx

Erika

7 hours ago, DeanD said:

We have done this and it worked well. One suggestion is to decide when you warn to eat on each night and your preferred times. Once we got on the ship we went to the restaurant and made reservation right then in order to get the time we wanted so to work into the other activates for that night. If you wait the most popular time slots fill up quickly once the cruise starts.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jcc1025 said:

We have done this and it worked well. One suggestion is to decide when you warn to eat on each night and your preferred times. Once we got on the ship we went to the restaurant and made reservation right then in order to get the time we wanted so to work into the other activates for that night. If you wait the most popular time slots fill up quickly once the cruise starts.  

Agree , normally first two nights are the toughest to get your time .larger ships it is easier since they have many more restaurants to choose from. 

1 hour ago, birdylady said:

Which sailing?  I know our October sailing the earliest check in was 1pm.  I figured by the time you get on the ship, lunch is over.   Also, when did the proce go down to 21pp?

thanx

Erika

End of August.  1PM is the earliest as well for that one which is why I speculated that it might be aimed at those doing B to B.  But it might be they just haven't updated the times with the adjusted embarkation.  

34 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

That was my plan, print out a spreadsheet with what we wanted then adjust as needed.

18 hours ago, George C said:

We have done chops several times on embarkation day for lunch.

Our last 2 cruises, Nov 2019 and Jan 2020 on Allure and Harmony, we were not able to use the UDP at Chops for lunch because it was closed.  The wait staff from Chops was working in the MDR serving people who had the Key.  

• Like 1