Havana Bar open to all?

ejnsb

11 minutes ago, Qchell said:

Do not miss the pastries that are served during breakfast at the bar and the empanadas for lunch.  So good!  The Cuban coffee is outstanding there as well!

Is there a fee for the breakfast at the Havana Bar?

On 7/22/2021 at 7:04 PM, cruisingguy007 said:

On Panorama they have two bartenders inside working and the outside is basically pool runners who come to the side. I only really hung out there during the Latin music anyway. It's my least favorite bar.  

That's what I remember on both the Vista and the Horizon.  You could order drinks via the open bar window outside but it was the same bar as the inside.

On 7/22/2021 at 5:48 PM, BlerkOne said:

Half of the bar is open to commoners, the other half is in the gated community. Yes, they have entertainment.

And guarded. But not necessarily aged. As many Xers as Boomers out there in the day time. Maybe a few older Ys too.

On 7/22/2021 at 4:48 PM, BlerkOne said:

Half of the bar is open to commoners, the other half is in the gated community. Yes, they have entertainment.

Made me laugh out loud!  🤣  And the music in the Havana Bar is really good - We really enjoy going back there and listening to the music and watching the dancing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Qchell said:

Do not miss the pastries that are served during breakfast at the bar and the empanadas for lunch.  So good!  The Cuban coffee is outstanding there as well!

Not so fast.  They only do that on the Sunshine.  No food served on the Horizon.  Know this from firsthand experience for 8 nights in 2018 and 8 nights in 2019. They do have the Cuban coffee and soda though.

17 hours ago, kleibo said:

I think you will have exclusive access on the Horizon.  I believe they changed on the newer ships because the area is actually smaller.  Not the nice back of the boat anymore - see link.  I'll stick with Vista or Horizon if I'm doing Havana.

Mardi Gras -  https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Carnival-Mardi-Gras-2105/deck08-6542  

I'm not sure if this pic will show up but to me the pool is too small and just seems like a long row of lounge chairs.   Definitely not as nice.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/shiptour.php?r=10679   click on the little pic 

In John Heald's video he goes on a walk and includes the Havana area.  It's a joke.  The pool is smaller than one of the hot tubs in the Havana area on the three Vista Class ships.

https://www.facebook.com/JohnHeald/videos/349728569983148

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

In John Heald's video he goes on a walk and includes the Havana area.  It's a joke.  The pool is smaller than one of the hot tubs in the Havana area on the three Vista Class ships.

https://www.facebook.com/JohnHeald/videos/349728569983148

100% agree.   They took one of their best ideas (a beautiful aft Havana area) and turned it into a joke.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, surfone said:

Is there a fee for the breakfast at the Havana Bar?

I don't think they serve breakfast at the Havana Bar other than the one on Sunshine. However, I don't think the one on Sunshine has anything to do with the "Havana experience" offered on the Vista class ships. I think it is just a regular eatery/bar like all the other bars.

14 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Not so fast.  They only do that on the Sunshine.  No food served on the Horizon.  Know this from firsthand experience for 8 nights in 2018 and 8 nights in 2019. They do have the Cuban coffee and soda though.

Well that is disappointing.  We love going there for a late morning snack and getting pastries and coffees.   

1 hour ago, Qchell said:

Well that is disappointing.  We love going there for a late morning snack and getting pastries and coffees.   

@Qchell There is a breakfast and lunch buffet served in Ocean Plaza that is adjacent to Havana on Vista class ships and it is very easy to walk Fromm your Havana cabin over to Ocean Plaza. I suspect this is the reason they do not offer food in the Havana Bar like on Sunshine.

• Like 2