Herb re. "cruise police"

mama d

Dear Herb and others who worry about the "cruise police" on HAL. We all know the ones I'm speaking about... "Don't do this, I can't believe.... how did they ever get passed the door....

PLEASE realize that although there may be many of these posters here on CC ( who in mho have the right to their ho - might even be the same as mine) there really are no "citizens arrests".

2 1/2 years ago my dh and I took our first Hal cruise on the Big Z, we never met the "cruise police" nor did we make any "citizen's arrests".

The staff was superb and the other cruisers were great for the most part.

When ever you get large groups of people in a small place there are bound to be some problems.

We found the best way to avoid:

formal night was room service.

(super fast,super good, & excellent after a long arduous fun-filled day)

deck chair hogs was to use our balcony. (privacy!)

problems of any kind was a smile.

(you're never fully dressed without one)

a too crowded movie watch a video in your cabin.

WE had a great time and I trust that you will too. Go enjoy, have fun, rent a cabana on Half Moon Cay!

Our only regret ..... not eating breakfast on the balcony!

best wishes to each and everyone of you!

safe seas, calm waters, sunny days

There are no "cruise police" onboard. I am sorry the use of the words "citizen's arrests" and the like are being bandied about...

More so, I'm sincerely sorry that this board (and entire forum) may give that impression!

Each ship, cruise, & sailing are entirely different from each other in terms of passenger demographics... one cruise you may find people you "click" with instantly - other cruises, no one seems to be your "cup of tea."

The bottom line is that a cruise is what YOU make of it... if you seek company of others, that company can be easily found - if you seek solitude, it's quite easy to accomplish with little effort...

We are all different - it should go without saying - we all have some things in common and many of us have differing ideas of what makes a cruise "special" to us... the bottom line is - go with what you want and what makes you happy!

The use of the phrases "cruise police" and "citizen's arrest" are truly distressing to me - we've welcomed each and every person we've ever met on a cruise ship into our lives; shared ourselves, our families, our homes, just about anything we have with them.

We are not all cut from the same mold or cloth.

ab-so-lude-lee... after 20 years of donut dipping 'on the job' in NY it's hard to break away from it.... onboard it's still donuts in the Lido.. after my healthly bowl of fresh fruit these days... at 645am after I hit the gym at 6am every morning... does it get any 'more better-er' than that.. burp burp..:D:D

as far as the 'cruise cops' .. they are there.. sometimes in full battle array.. other times it's 'undercover in disguise' ...like when some old grumpy lady walking along actually yelled and shook a finger at me one late afternoon on this last Volendam cruise for dragging one of those wooden deck chairs around the corner from the back of the Lower prom deck to the side...

" rules say you can't do that"... all I commented back to her was.. as politely as I could... 'Lady put a sock in it'.. she left me alone and continued to rag on her grumpy husband ...never heard from her again... then again I guess I was lucky she didn't try to put the cuffs on me and 'hook me up'..

so watch out for anyone wearing this :D:D

DonutPatch-4.jpg

like when some old grumpy lady walking along actually yelled and shook a finger at me one late afternoon on this last Volendam cruise for dragging one of those wooden deck chairs around the corner from the back of the Lower prom deck to the side...

" rules say you can't do that"... all I commented back to her was.. as politely as I could... 'Lady put a sock in it'.. she left me alone and continued to rag on her grumpy husband ...never heard from her again...

That story gave me a good laugh :D

Marie - I'll have to check it out! Actually, all I can think of right now is bacon. Yep...bacon. DW and I have been on the pre-cruise, low fat diet since Christmas...it has worked....and I can hardly wait for our first breakfast in the Lido! :o

and for any other 'doubting-Thomas' out there..

Lido.. you can find 'thee DONUTS' at the very beginning of the buffet line .. they are the first food you come across at breakfast after you get the tray and dishes from Hunky-Dory...

OR you can get up early ..like these pics show and were taken at 645am... they are on the RIGHT side of the mini-breakfast before the buffet opens up...

oh ye doubtful ones:D

and the time they were taken.....

File Name

IMG_2204.JPG

Camera Model Name

Canon PowerShot SD200

Shooting Date/Time

2/1/2006 6:45:19 AM

IMG_2204-1VolendamDONUTS020106.jpg

we try to be friendly all the time and not 'get into anyone else' bizness .. some people though have to be 'busy-bodies' and stick their nose into other's doings.. you would have thought I was trying to throw the chair overboard.. we're there to have fun.. enjoy ourselves.. and mainly relax.. without 'the usual suspects--a/k/a the neighbors' keeping a watchful eye on us..

..and so.. to all the busy-bodies and nosy people out there who like to ask a thousand personal type questions .. 'put a sock in it'

Marabella - Been low carbing too.....hardly any fun eating right now....but in 5 days look out!!!!! :D Bacon, omelets, french toast, rolls, martinis, more martinis..........

Marie - Yep....wife and I call donuts "fat pills"......particularly Krispy Kreams. :)

In addition to donuts, they also have these woooooonderful apple fritter/cinnamon ring kinda things. They're in that round standing case that's on the end of the ice cream counter. There's a slice of apple in each one and they're deep fried and rolled in cinnamon sugar. They're crescent shaped, and heavenly.

Archived