Carry on soda and wine on embarking

waterbabyfish

13 hours ago, waterbabyfish said:

Are you allowed to bring a diet soda and wine or champaign on board?

Probably can't bring either Champaign or Urbana, Illinois on board!😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I hope so … was hoping to carry on my juices and at least one bottle 

but I was wondering if anyone got on the boat for aug 2 trip to Bahamas waiting to hear their adventure 

it’s going to be my first cruise since lockdown 

I don’t know of a single cruise line that won’t seize all prepackaged beverages. Even from your suitcase when they do the search as you embark. Don’t waste your money. They’re on to you.

Ever heard the expression “they make half of their money on the concessions”?

Edited by MotownVoice

3 hours ago, ortech said:

but I was wondering if anyone got on the boat for aug 2 trip to Bahamas waiting to hear their adventure 

From their website and reports, they are one of the strictest.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:

I don’t know of a single cruise line that won’t seize all prepackaged beverages. Even from your suitcase when they do the search as you embark. Don’t waste your money. They’re on to you.

Carnival allows this.

https://www.carnival.com/help#:~:text=On embarkation day%2C a small,the guest's carry-on luggage.

On embarkation day, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk), packaged in cans or cartons, may be brought on board and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less, per person.

RCCL allows it too...

On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne, as long as one guest is of legal drinking age. Corkscrews will be provided for guests to enjoy their drinks in their stateroom. If guests wish to enjoy their wine or champagne in our dining or bar venues, there will be a corkage fee applied.

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted. 

Edited by alyssamma
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

RCCL allows it too...

When I was on Royal in 2008 their beverage embarkation rules were as punitive as Princess Cruise’. May have changed I guess.  Never been on carnival. Too much of a party atmosphere for me.  

57 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:

When I was on Royal in 2008 their beverage embarkation rules were as punitive as Princess Cruise’. May have changed I guess.  Never been on carnival. Too much of a party atmosphere for me.  

Interesting...my first cruise was in 2009 with RCCL and it was allowed then, so must have changed right after you sailed.

The atmosphere on Carnival is more that on the 3 and 4 day cruises, but, regardless, has nothing to do with the drink policy.

My point was you said you didn't know of a single cruise line that allowed it...I listed 2 of the biggest that do 🙂

There are probably others that do also...

And from another thread on here it seems that MSC allows it also, just not on embarkation day (i.e., fine from a port stop). Weird, but most MSC policies are.

2 hours ago, MotownVoice said:

I usually cruise princess, yes they allow 1 bottle of wine and any amount soda or water within reason! You can bring more wine, but have to pay a hefty corkage fee.

On 7/24/2021 at 7:01 AM, ortech said:

Bottles brought onboard at port will be tagged and removed to store room. Returned to you end of cruise.
with current Covid restrictions, I can see that outside foods and liquids might be banned.

On 7/24/2021 at 12:26 PM, waterbabyfish said:

I usually cruise princess, yes they allow 1 bottle of wine and any amount soda or water within reason! You can bring more wine, but have to pay a hefty corkage fee.

MSC is not like most US cruise lines.   Do not try to bring drinks onboard a MSC ship.
Yes, some cruise lines did allow a bottle of wine and soda and water. NCL used to allow this but no more. They had everyone bringing soda and bottled water onboard. They now sell soda and water packages and have corkage fee for wines brought onboard. 
 This will probably be the way most will go, in the future.

On 7/24/2021 at 1:55 PM, MotownVoice said:

Royal has always allowed one bottle of wine per adult....for a very long time.

Definitely since 2008.

• Like 1

My last cruises on MSC they allowed 2 bottles of wine per cabin per cruise to be brought on board for consumption in your cabin, or you could pay a corkage fee to drink it in the dining room.  Now they updated their condition of carriage document for alcohol as follows:

13. Alcohol

Alcoholic drinks, including wines, spirits, beer or other liqueurs are available for purchase onboard the Vessel at fixed prices. Passengers are not permitted to bring onboard any such drinks for use during the voyage, whether for consumption in their own cabins or otherwise. Alcoholic drinks in any form will not be sold to Minors during the cruise. When the itinerary includes a port located in the U.S.A the same conditions will apply for any passengers under the age 21.

On 7/24/2021 at 1:38 PM, alyssamma said:

Carnival allows this.

https://www.carnival.com/help#:~:text=On embarkation day%2C a small,the guest's carry-on luggage.

On embarkation day, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk), packaged in cans or cartons, may be brought on board and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less, per person.

RCCL allows it too...

On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne, as long as one guest is of legal drinking age. Corkscrews will be provided for guests to enjoy their drinks in their stateroom. If guests wish to enjoy their wine or champagne in our dining or bar venues, there will be a corkage fee applied.

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted. 

So your saying msc will allow? I know when I went on their ship in EU we were allowed 

On 8/2/2021 at 8:14 PM, StCroixCruiser said:

My last cruises on MSC they allowed 2 bottles of wine per cabin per cruise to be brought on board for consumption in your cabin, or you could pay a corkage fee to drink it in the dining room.  Now they updated their condition of carriage document for alcohol as follows:

13. Alcohol

Alcoholic drinks, including wines, spirits, beer or other liqueurs are available for purchase onboard the Vessel at fixed prices. Passengers are not permitted to bring onboard any such drinks for use during the voyage, whether for consumption in their own cabins or otherwise. Alcoholic drinks in any form will not be sold to Minors during the cruise. When the itinerary includes a port located in the U.S.A the same conditions will apply for any passengers under the age 21.

Ok what about soft drinks ?

On 7/24/2021 at 2:56 PM, alyssamma said:

Interesting...my first cruise was in 2009 with RCCL and it was allowed then, so must have changed right after you sailed.

The atmosphere on Carnival is more that on the 3 and 4 day cruises, but, regardless, has nothing to do with the drink policy.

My point was you said you didn't know of a single cruise line that allowed it...I listed 2 of the biggest that do 🙂

There are probably others that do also...

And from another thread on here it seems that MSC allows it also, just not on embarkation day (i.e., fine from a port stop). Weird, but most MSC policies are.

I was on royal and celebrity 2018 and 2019 we were allowed soft drinks n wine to bring on board 

On 7/24/2021 at 3:01 PM, ortech said:

My Virtuosa in July I had two cans of pop in my carry on, not deliberate at all, I took them to drink in the car and forgot, nobody said a word when the bag was scanned.

YMMV but if it's just one or two you might be OK.

• Like 1