Random questions before tomorrow's (!!!) cruise

lynnber

44 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Unfortunately, chargers with surge protection are dangerous and banned from cruise ships. Here is just one of many posts on the subject by @chengkp75. A Google search on "surge protector cruise ship" will turn up dozens of hits on the dangers.

What works well at home or when travelling on land isn't always the best choice at sea. Time to find an alternative. 

Didn’t see it mentioned, but each ship has a Euro plug, so I bring on a Euro/US adapter and can use it for my stuff

Also, call Celebrity or your TA and let them know you will be bringing a CPAP on and your steward will have an approved power cord setup and will be ready to add water and so on as needed. Good to do soonest…….ooops, just saw the OP posted this Friday and left yesterday. Oh well. Good for others.

den

On edge class ships there are outlets next to the bed. I have a cpap and use each time. You should be able to get water. On S and M class ships you must order from X ahead of time with special services. Extension cords are limited. 

33 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Unfortunately, chargers with surge protection are dangerous and banned from cruise ships. Here is just one of many posts on the subject by @chengkp75. A Google search on "surge protector cruise ship" will turn up dozens of hits on the dangers.

What works well at home or when travelling on land isn't always the best choice at sea. Time to find an alternative. 

Wow, I didn't know this and we have used it on 3 past cruises. Thank you for the information. I just checked on Amazon and found one that says it is approved for cruise ships with no surge protector. I just ordered one. It also has the newer fast charging USB for my new smart phone and tablet, the old one was very slow charging.

Power Strip with USB, Mountable Flat Plug Power Strip with 3 Outlets 3 USB Ports(Smart 3.1A), 5ft Braided Extension Cord, Compact for Cruise Ship, Travel, Home, Office

71Hf4usOk9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by terrydtx

10 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Wow, I didn't know this and we have used it on 3 past cruises. I just checked on Amazon and found one that says it is approved for cruise ships with no surge protector. I just ordered one.

Power Strip with USB, Mountable Flat Plug Power Strip with 3 Outlets 3 USB Ports(Smart 3.1A), 5ft Braided Extension Cord, Compact for Cruise Ship, Travel, Home, Office

71Hf4usOk9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I'm impressed with your quick response! 👍👍👍