Live from Seaview 07 24 Kiel

MarkusToe

4 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

Ups, no glasses and auto corrected....

Breakfast was hit and miss today.

20 min and 3 re orders for 1. cappuccino...

Ordered Mimosa was sparkling orange. Sec one vergotten totally.

Themperature check was vergotten...means we have to go to concierge to do it. Breakfast menu...every day same...

QR_W_YC_BREAKFAST_DAYX_EN_1627194831.pdf 120.43 kB · 13 downloads

Your posts continue to be very much appreciated. Thank you so much.

Please elaborate on the daily temperature checks. Are the rooms visited between the hours of x and y? If sleeping late, must one then report to the concierge desk no later than a particular time in the morning?

Thanks again.

Hi,

260 pax in YC. If this is true it is a quite high load. Considering there are 86 YC suites this means in average >3 people per cabin. Never experienced such a high occupation in YC.

Do the Covid-19 restrictions of distancing and blocked seats in TSL and Pooldeck develop any kind of problem. For me the most important aspect of YC is the absence of any crowding, louncher hogs and fighting for a seat.

In particular on sea days this could be critical.

By the way: does anybody know if YC guests are allowed to use the aurea area on the topdeck?  If so it could be used as an overflow area for YC.

cheers

MouseBerry

1 hour ago, MouseBerry said:

Hi,

260 pax in YC. If this is true it is a quite high load. Considering there are 86 YC suites this means in average >3 people per cabin. Never experienced such a high occupation in YC.

Do the Covid-19 restrictions of distancing and blocked seats in TSL and Pooldeck develop any kind of problem. For me the most important aspect of YC is the absence of any crowding, louncher hogs and fighting for a seat.

In particular on sea days this could be critical.

By the way: does anybody know if YC guests are allowed to use the aurea area on the topdeck?  If so it could be used as an overflow area for YC.

cheers

MouseBerry

Who knows these days?  Prior to COVID, YC guests on Seaside could freely go through the gate to the Aurea area (which was never crowded on the three times we sailed).  But then again, TSL was never really crowded.

Shure use of Aurea deck is possible.

In front of YC bar all tables fully occupied...due to high winds (36kn) today table on the side of the ship not really usable.

Aurea Deck 19 is split by half, the port side is used for the crew.

2 hours ago, no1talks said:

Your posts continue to be very much appreciated. Thank you so much.

Please elaborate on the daily temperature checks. Are the rooms visited between the hours of x and y? If sleeping late, must one then report to the concierge desk no later than a particular time in the morning?

Thanks again.

Normally temperature check is done at YC restaurant at breakfast, if they have vergotten, the concierge will do. Infrared measurements on wrist, surprisingly not at forehead

1 hour ago, MarkusToe said:

Today's dinner was excellent....

Quality and service.... started early.

At 730 pm all tables occupied and guest waiting....

IMG_20210725_191340.jpg

IMG_20210725_191335.jpg

QR_W_YC_DINNER_DAY2_EN_1627238232.pdf 211.01 kB · 9 downloads

Paella is a much-loved dish for my wife, who happens to be from Mülheim an der Ruhr. I showed the picture to her and she became envious.

I'm confident she'll be able to have paella when we are in YC on Divina, in January.

Thank you Markus- your effort is very much appreicated. I am sailing out of Genua early October - the voyage you took was my first choice- decided to go for warmer weather in Octorber so I switched to the Seaside.

First time with MSC- first time in YC ( well, to be honest wouldn´t consider MSC ouside YC) ! So I am very curious.

Greetings

Michael

Thank you very much. I'll be taking this tour in September. 

Could I ask you to post one of the bar cocktail menus? I need to figure out if a drink package is worth it for me. 

I certainly hope my Visby tour is not cancelled. I've been to Gottland before (during the Medieval Week), but I'd love one more walk through the town.

The excursions sale process is the worst I've ever seen. There are no extra seats on excursions bookable on the ship only.

That's lies from sal's Rep in the phone.

You will get your starting time at down service the day before.....

Very nice to get the info at 9pm if you have 2 kids and your tour start at 7.15 AM.

QR_I_BUFFET-BAR-LIST_OTHER_DAYX_EN_1627124126.pdf

QR_T_POOL-BAR-LIST_OTHER_DAYX_EN_1627159755.pdf

Edited by MarkusToe
  • Like 1

I've not paid close enough attention to the current EU sailings, I don't remember seeing that a glass of water from the Pool bar or Buffet bar costs €0.75, is that fairly new?  I didn't see it on any UK sailing menus.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this - it's quite lovely. 

Getting back on CruiseCritic after missing out on a year and a half of cruising is like coming home to an old friend - and being new to MSC with 2 Yacht Club bookings coming up, I am so excited to read every new bit of info provided. 

Thank you again - it's really appreciated 

Warmest, Amy

Today's dinner at YC was excellent again.

Yesterday we where at butchers.

Steak quality was better than YC filet at dinner but comparable to filet at YC Pooldeck restaurant.

Had an excursion to Stockholm today, description said 3.5h in praxis about 7 h.

Very informative tour guide. had somefee rime at lunch time(doggy bags provided)

Then about 1.5h walk around in the old town of Stockholm

IMG_20210727_192133.jpg

IMG_20210727_185155.jpg

IMG_20210727_185145.jpg

QR_W_YC_DINNER_DAY4_EN_1627403136.pdf

On the way back even more worse.

All busses arrived about the same time.

About 100 to 150 m line. No temperature check

Nothing special for YC guest.

Time to come back on board about 30 mins

Edited by MarkusToe