Voyagers Club members, what's the skinny on how +5%, +10%, and +15% discount cruises get selected?

no1talks

19 minutes ago, phissy said:

You have to “hunt” it down on your own.

Yes.

I selected a particular cruise that I know is 5% + 15% and did a mock booking for 2 guests....(taxes/fees the same for all 3)

• not logged in, no VC number = $2,188pp
  • logged in, VC number added = $2,078.60pp (5% off)
  • logged in, VC number added, VC 5%+15% link used = $1,766.81pp (5% + 15% off)
Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Yes.

I selected a particular cruise that I know is 5% + 15% and did a mock booking for 2 guests....(taxes/fees the same for all 3)

• not logged in, no VC number = $2,188pp
  • logged in, VC number added = $2,078.60pp (5% off)
  • logged in, VC number added, VC 5%+15% link used = $1,766.81pp (5% + 15% off)

Oh my God then I have to check all my Cruises booked to see if they come into the extra discount categories or not.

However the 2021 sailing prices have gone up since I booked them long ago, so even with the extra 15% discount I don't think they  will be cheaper than what I paid.

Edited by drsel

Just now, drsel said:

Oh my God then I have to check all my Cruises booked to see if they come into the extra discount categories or not.

Yes. I often open 3 tabs to check the 3 (+5%, +10%, +15%) different deals. Usually, my dates don't correspond but I have gotten lucky in the past. You can reset dates and see if your date is still bold to know if it is an eligible date. It makes searching easier. 

2 minutes ago, drsel said:

However the 2021 sailing prices have gone up, so even with the extra 15% discount I don't think it will be cheaper

It depends. So far, with the prices going up and down, my next cruise still beats the lowest other price that I have seen by $8 total. Eight dollars. I suspect that the price will drop or my date will be added to a deal since there are so many empty staterooms at the moment. Some people are hesitant to book for many reasons but if prices continue to drop, some people will pounce. If my cruises go lower than what I booked, I'll cancel/rebook if it is worth the time on the phone. 

1 hour ago, drsel said:

However the 2021 sailing prices have gone up since I booked them long ago, so even with the extra 15% discount I don't think they  will be cheaper than what I paid.

I've never been forced by MSC to reprice when adding the Voyages Selection discount.  I've made at least 10 bookings when there was no VS additional percent, then kept watch for the sailing to be listed.  I call in to MSC and have the VS discount applied to my existing booking and they have never made me re-book at the prevailing rate.  The only exemption I've run into is if you're past or have made final payment it cannot be done.

The only times I have had trouble is when doing this VS discount through a TA.  And while it can still be done at the existing rate the TA has always reduced their perks, so much so that there was no point booking with them in the first place.

1 hour ago, Até said:

I've never been forced by MSC to reprice when adding the Voyages Selection discount.  I've made at least 10 bookings when there was no VS additional percent, then kept watch for the sailing to be listed.  I call in to MSC and have the VS discount applied to my existing booking and they have never made me re-book at the prevailing rate.  The only exemption I've run into is if you're past or have made final payment it cannot be done.

The only times I have had trouble is when doing this VS discount through a TA.  And while it can still be done at the existing rate the TA has always reduced their perks, so much so that there was no point booking with them in the first place.

I could see where you make sense. I have an upcoming Abu Dhabi cruise next march. I booked through travel agent and did not know there was a 5 plus 10. I stumbled on it and price was over hundred bucks less. My ta called for reprice and her price was ten bucks less then what I expected, which was new taxes/fee difference. So her new price just added code to my booking and not a reprice.

2 hours ago, neilp said:

is anyone else having problems getting the list of discount cruises to show,  my browser just freezes

I've been having that problem for a couple of days. Tried a couple of different browsers but it happened on all of them. I wonder if it's related to the pop-up on the UK site, since the issue wasn't happening before that appeared. 

Edited by Huntingdon1701

On the  UK site there is persistent and annoying pop up window about long phone wait times, but I never get the list of sailings to fill in.  On the US site this usually occurs when MSC is making changes.  US site has now gone up to 79 sailings in the 5%+15% section, steadily increasing over the last several weeks.

Edited by Até
  • Like 1

Thanks so much for this tip! That saved us over 300 eur.

On 7/27/2021 at 2:37 AM, logan25 said:

If a booking is paid in full and past final payment, how would the “overpayment” be processed?  Refund to credit card?  Refundable OBC?

I sent an email to a MSC representative and a few hours later a negative amount due showed up for the reservation. Final payment had taken place already. I was offered refund, onboard credit, or to use it for excursions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matkustaja said:

I sent an email to a MSC representative and a few hours later a negative amount due showed up for the reservation. Final payment had taken place already. I was offered refund, onboard credit, or to use it for excursions.

I spoke to an MSC rep two days ago about applying extra 15% Voyager discount.  She spoke to someone on her end and took notes, then gave me an SR #.  I will contact them again today since I have not received a revised invoice.

I checked the 5 + 15, 5 + 10 and 5 + 5% discount offers

the 5 + 15 offer I managed to get for one of my Cruises but the price after 15% discount is still much more than the bargain price I got 1 year ago.

I couldn't get any of my Cruises in the 5 + 10 offers and 5 + 5% are only for Caribbean Cruises sailing out of Miami

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 8:51 AM, drsel said:

Don't get confused about the 5% 10% or 15% discount

when you choose your Cruise on the MSc US website and put your voyagers club number, the discount be automatically be applied and then you can see how much it is.

That's great in theory, but I chose one of the Voyages cruises on the list and it didn't apply the extra 15% it said it would. Attempts to reach MSC to correct the price only resulted in an email from them in German which I cannot read.  The MSC website has a multitude of issues, and correctly calculating the posted discounts appears to be one of them.  Which means I also probably won't get the on board credit despite being a Gold member.

On 7/28/2021 at 2:32 AM, Matkustaja said:

what email address did you use to send the request?  I can't get any response from MSC in English using the contact page on their website.  I get a form email in German and that does me no good.

On 7/27/2021 at 9:08 AM, alyssamma said:

These are 2 different things...there is the standard 5% because of Voyager, but then certain cruises get you an *additional* 5-15%...but only if you book them through the Voyager club link.

This is being discussed on other thread. Thought bumping this one would help clarify how to check Voyager Club link.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 12:08 PM, alyssamma said:

These are 2 different things...there is the standard 5% because of Voyager, but then certain cruises get you an *additional* 5-15%...but only if you book them through the Voyager club link.

Correct! We were looking at a cruise on MSC and I remembered the 5-15% Voyager link and when I went to look oh boy was I surprised. We was going to wait to book but with an extra 15% and $50 obc (inside cabin) we booked immediately. So happy I remembered it.

• Like 1

I spoke to a US MSC agent over a week ago about adding the extra 15% discount.  Details were recorded and received an SR #.  I check every day but nothing has changed on my reservation.  I will try contacting MSC again.

On 7/26/2021 at 7:37 PM, logan25 said:

If a booking is paid in full and past final payment, how would the “overpayment” be processed?  Refund to credit card?  Refundable OBC?

When they applied my Diamond member status, the difference was added as on-board credit. I was told that at the end of the cruise, any amount left over as on-board credit would be refunded back to the card I made the booking with. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Just a thought....wondering if this is possible.

MSC has a 5+15 Voyagers Discount for week of our cruise....

If your cabin category is shown as sold out, are you able to still get the 5+15 applied to your booking??

2 minutes ago, phissy said:

If your cabin category is shown as sold out, are you able to still get the 5+15 applied to your booking??

My guess yes, but not positive.

Twice mine went from 5+5 than 5+10 and now 5+15.  Since my original biking taxes/fees went up ten bucks. Whenever my ta calls for adjustment I still get lower taxes, which implies only promo code is added and recalc. 

Might be w wrong but my logic make sense. But, msc customer service logic does not seem to make sense😀

On 8/7/2021 at 12:07 AM, phissy said:

My guess would be yes. 

I just noticed that one of my booked cruises went to 5%+15% (previously, I only had the standard 5%) and when I called, the "+15%" was added which lowered the price by over $1K. The taxes/fees didn't change. Same stateroom, same booking number, etc. 

On 8/7/2021 at 12:07 AM, phissy said:

I've added the discount successfully several times when my cabin category was sold out.

Edited by Até
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Até said:

I've added the discount successfully several times when my cabin category was sold out.

Thanks 🙏 to all for replies.

Just got email from TA stating that MSC has to send it to the “back office” for the additional discount. Will take 48 hours to,process.

Since this is a YC booking, significant discount. (ie: worth the hassle)