Voyagers Club members, what's the skinny on how +5%, +10%, and +15% discount cruises get selected?

no1talks

Just got email from TA. MSC came through with the additional discount.

we already had the $50+$50 from earlier voyagers club discounts . Actually, each time we were given discount we got new OBC. Seems we will keep the additional OBC with this new discount. So, we will pay final tomorrow and happy MSC let us keep the additional $50 each OBC.

• Like 1

My question for those who have "called in" to get the extra $50 OBC:  Who are you calling and what are they doing?  Is it immediate?  They haven't even applied my husband's $50 OBC.  All the reps can do are send a note to Corporate.  They nor their supervisors have the ability to add the OBC from what they tell me.

10 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

My question for those who have "called in" to get the extra $50 OBC:  Who are you calling and what are they doing?  Is it immediate?  They haven't even applied my husband's $50 OBC.  All the reps can do are send a note to Corporate.  They nor their supervisors have the ability to add the OBC from what they tell me.

I called in and it was added immediately. I think most others have had the same experience. That being said, with MSC, they have so many clueless reps, it sometimes pays to just call again.

If you have a TA, unfortunately the TA needs to call...I don't think you can do it directly, but maybe others have managed to make that work.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

I called the 1-800 number and a Supe told me it would be applied after final payment, we will see.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

27 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I called the 1-800 number and a Supe told me it would be applied after final payment, we will see.

That's your 2nd $50?  I'm still waiting on DH's 1st $50.  Somehow his Voyager number dropped off the resy, so that's probably why he didn't get it when I did.

Sometimes when I call again to get a different rep, they look back in the notes to see that I've already called about it.

Edited by Native Floridian 26

28 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

That's your 2nd $50?  I'm still waiting on DH's 1st $50.  Somehow his Voyager number dropped off the resy, so that's probably why he didn't get it when I did.

Sometimes when I call again to get a different rep, they look back in the notes to see that I've already called about it.

Yes it is the second $50, sorry I did not specify

On 8/13/2021 at 11:13 AM, ready2cruzagain said:

Fantastica Inside

I have called almost every day and I always get reps who will try to apply the missing OBC for my husband, but it doesn't allow them or their supervisor in one case.  This is just the first $50 for my DH, let alone asking someone about a 2nd $50 for each of us.  We're booked Inside Bella, so it may not apply.  Unfortunately, nothing really lays out the benefits.

21 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

.  This is just the first $50 for my DH, let alone asking someone about a 2nd $50 for each of us.  We're booked Inside Bella, so it may not apply.  Unfortunately, nothing really lays out the benefits.

I had mentioned earlier that inside cabins get only $50 per person if you are Silver status and above

1 minute ago, drsel said:

I had mentioned earlier that inside cabins get only $50 per person if you are Silver status and above

Thanks.  I'm a happy camper today because I did see DH's $50 on the details today.  

I guess the only thing now is that St. Thomas will probably be cancelled due to their vaccination requirements.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Thanks.  I'm a happy camper today because I did see DH's $50 on the details today.  

I guess the only thing now is that St. Thomas will probably be cancelled due to their vaccination requirements.

Please check the entry requirements of each country on 

blog dot wego dot com

and

kayak dot com travel restrictions.

The first one is updated daily but a little complicated

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 2:23 PM, ready2cruzagain said:

I only received $50 total for each person (there was no credit at first, it was credited in the middle of the night). I am Diamond. I understand the $50 for the Diamond but not seeing anywhere where there should be another $50.

I haven’t been following this thread so haven’t read everything in it, but I didn’t want to start a thread outlining my experiences so searched and found this one. 

I booked a 5+5% Bella inside late last year for next October on Seashore.  I noticed that the confirmation didn’t show the OBC so I queried it only to be told that I wasn’t entitled to it as I’d only booked an inside cabin.  The website only states that you must be at least at the level of Silver in order to qualify.  We’re Diamond. 

E548892C-9DD5-4B73-A3EF-9E3C09B86FBC.thumb.png.c799b6a27e07294071eb90148da47f7f.png

I didn’t pursue it at the time as DH had just been diagnosed with cancer and it was the least of my concerns. 

Over the last while I’ve had queries in regards to this booking and each time I raised the question of the OBC and had the same response.  Final payment is due tomorrow so I emailed last week, again with the same query.

I then rang yesterday as I’d had no response to the email.  Again, the rep repeated the same. Later in the afternoon I received an email response from a ‘senior contact centre advisor’ stating that the rep had dealt with the issues I’d raised in the email.

I replied asking for written proof that the OBC was determined by cabin category chosen.  I included a copy and paste of what is outlined on the website (screenshot above).  Lo and behold, this morning I received an updated booking confirmation with the OBC indicated - €50 under my name and €50 under DH’s. 

• Like 4

I never have any problem.

When I choose my cruise, I send an email to my agent to make sure that I get the following (for 2 adults in one cabin)

1.  MSC $200 OBC for using the FCC

2.  MSC 50 + 50 =$100 OBC for an inside cabin for voyagers club, (or 100+100=$200 OBC for an outside cabin or balcony)

3. MSC 5+5% discount on the basic fare. (Or 5 + 10% or 5 + 15%)

4. Agents 8 to 10% discount on the basic fare.

My agent does the needful and I get all 4 benefits mentioned above

Edited by drsel

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I haven’t been following this thread so haven’t read everything in it, but I didn’t want to start a thread outlining my experiences so searched and found this one. 

I booked a 5+5% Bella inside late last year for next October on Seashore.  I noticed that the confirmation didn’t show the OBC so I queried it only to be told that I wasn’t entitled to it as I’d only booked an inside cabin.  The website only states that you must be at least at the level of Silver in order to qualify.  We’re Diamond. 

E548892C-9DD5-4B73-A3EF-9E3C09B86FBC.thumb.png.c799b6a27e07294071eb90148da47f7f.png

I didn’t pursue it at the time as DH had just been diagnosed with cancer and it was the least of my concerns. 

Over the last while I’ve had queries in regards to this booking and each time I raised the question of the OBC and had the same response.  Final payment is due tomorrow so I emailed last week, again with the same query.

I then rang yesterday as I’d had no response to the email.  Again, the rep repeated the same. Later in the afternoon I received an email response from a ‘senior contact centre advisor’ stating that the rep had dealt with the issues I’d raised in the email.

I replied asking for written proof that the OBC was determined by cabin category chosen.  I included a copy and paste of what is outlined on the website (screenshot above).  Lo and behold, this morning I received an updated booking confirmation with the OBC indicated - €50 under my name and €50 under DH’s. 

So glad to hear that you received it! That is awesome!  I will be persistent until we get ours, a supervisor told me it would appear after final payment and if not, I have taken a screenshot on the day we booked our cruise of that same thing you sent in on your email and I have the date on the screenshot and will be contacting them until I get it.  I have found with MSC that it is persistence that works the best.  

Will be nice to finally put a face with a name, we are on the Seashore together in March.  Will forever be grateful to you for all the information you gave me the first time we ever sailed MSC. I had so many questions and you had all the answers.  We absolutely fell in love with MSC.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

1 hour ago, drsel said:

I never have any problem.

When I choose my cruise, I send an email to my agent to make sure that I get the following (for 2 adults in one cabin)

1.  MSC $200 OBC for using the FCC

2.  MSC 50 + 50 =$100 OBC for an inside cabin for voyagers club, (or 100+100=$200 OBC for an outside cabin or balcony)

3. MSC 5+5% discount on the basic fare. (Or 5 + 10% or 5 + 15%)

4. Agents 8 to 10% discount on the basic fare.

My agent does the needful and I get all 4 benefits mentioned above

Are you US?  Is it $100 for each passenger or just $50 each?  I'm inside on a Voyagers Select cruise and just got $50 per pax.

58 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Are you US?  Is it $100 for each passenger or just $50 each?  I'm inside on a Voyagers Select cruise and just got $50 per pax.

You should get 100 per pax if you are Silver or above on the 5+X% sailings...

16 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

That is correct.

insides get $50 OBC per person, even if you're a diamond

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1