Voyager points after cruise

johnnylincoln

Cruised MSC SEAVIEW 03-10 Jul 2021: points for cruise were added in only one week, points for on board expenses took 1 extra week so all points were there in no more than 2 weeks time.

• Thanks 1

due to a website glitch, I can't even check my account to see if points have been applied.  When I enter my Voyager number, I get a pop-up stating it is entered incorrectly.   But it's the number I use when I book a cruise and that finds  my account just fine.

• 1 month later...

Finally got the points added from our 4 night cruise in May and 7 nights in July. This was only after emailing MSC who took weeks to respond and then gave each of us 200 points less than it should have been. All sorted and correct now though.

Hi,

actually we finished our one week Baltic Sea cruise on Seaview last saturday and today the Voyager Club points appeared on my account. That was much quicker than expected.

For  me this is quite helpful as I reached Diamond level right befor my next Cruise starting this Saturday.

cheers

MouseBerry

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 7:14 PM, CaroleC said:

Finally got the points added from our 4 night cruise in May and 7 nights in July. This was only after emailing MSC who took weeks to respond and then gave each of us 200 points less than it should have been. All sorted and correct now though.

I think I may have to do the same. I emailed them once, approximately two weeks after our July cruise, and had the reply that they were having system issues and they would be added shortly. 

We have since been on a second MSC Cruise and don't have the points from either. 

1 minute ago, johnnylincoln said:

I think I may have to do the same. I emailed them once, approximately two weeks after our July cruise, and had the reply that they were having system issues and they would be added shortly. 

We have since been on a second MSC Cruise and don't have the points from either. 

I would definitely contact them again. I really don’t understand why it can take so long to do what should be a relatively simple task of adding the correct number of points to pax accounts in a timely manner 🤷‍♀️

Anyone know if the counter can go over 10,000?  I had status matched to Diamond and my counter set at 10,000.  No points from our last cruise...I'm not so concerned about the points as much as making sure it's credited to reset expiration.

29 minutes ago, ocdb8r said:

Anyone know if the counter can go over 10,000?  I had status matched to Diamond and my counter set at 10,000.  No points from our last cruise...I'm not so concerned about the points as much as making sure it's credited to reset expiration.

Points definitely go above 10,000.

Points from last cruise should be added to your points. I would make sure your cruise is recorded on your voyagers Account. 

1 hour ago, MonsterJoe said:

Does anyone know where I can find my membership number?  I didn't think to record it because I figured it would be recorded in my account information or something (of course I know better by now)

Joe, its listed on your cruise card.  Seven digit number near the bottom right area. 

Speaking of this topic.  Everyone BE VERY OBSERVANT if you status matched.  MSC actually downgraded me from gold to silver in the last 3 weeks!.  I only found it when I was looking to see how many points I received from my cruise just 3 weeks ago (as a gold member!).  It seems that whoever put in my recent points blew away my status match points as well, despite me doing my status match  ALMOST FOUR YEARS AGO!   I would make sure to save all emails, and ask for explicit point totals from them whenever you can so that you have those things in writing.  I haven't contacted them yet about fixing, but if there is a problem I will document it here for all to know about.  

Edited by CampNCruise74

1 hour ago, CampNCruise74 said:

Speaking of this topic.  Everyone BE VERY OBSERVANT if you status matched.  MSC actually downgraded me from gold to silver in the last 3 weeks!.  I only found it when I was looking to see how many points I received from my cruise just 3 weeks ago (as a gold member!).  It seems that whoever put in my recent points blew away my status match points as well, despite me doing my status match  ALMOST FOUR YEARS AGO!   I would make sure to save all emails, and ask for explicit point totals from them whenever you can so that you have those things in writing.  I haven't contacted them yet about fixing, but if there is a problem I will document it here for all to know about.  

Same thing happened to my husband!  He is still trying to get it straightened out.  He should be silver like me.  It looks like they created a new voyagers number and he's now classic.  We spoke with the gal on the Meri last week while booking another cruise, she said that they are aware of the problem.  I can only say be patient with the back end people and hope they sort it out.  Eventually..

1 hour ago, christa920 said:

Same thing happened to my husband!  He is still trying to get it straightened out.  He should be silver like me.  It looks like they created a new voyagers number and he's now classic.  We spoke with the gal on the Meri last week while booking another cruise, she said that they are aware of the problem.  I can only say be patient with the back end people and hope they sort it out.  Eventually..

Nice to know I am not alone. Sometimes I feel like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, and really wish they could hash out the small stuff that should be easy and completely automated like this.  Their office seems like so much of what they have to do is putting out fires and fielding emails and calls with changed cabin numbers and messed up voyager club point tally's.  That alone is hundreds of thousand of dollars in wasted labor hours and costs. I am going to blitz them with former emails, former booking numbers, and a picture of my cruise card in my email rebuttal.   

Another thing they messed up on for my recent cruise was my cabin number changing, like many people have already mentioned happening.  In my case, with all the notes the onshore customer service people had made to my booking from my calls prior to the cruise, once I was onboard, the service people there said they didn't have access to see those comments, which is crazy...