The Daily for Tuesday July 27, 2021

richwmn

So those of you who are reluctant to travel to Jordan due to the heat, please don't discount travel due to the heat. Take a look  at the average temperatures and pick a time that the temperatures suit what you enjoy.  You'll find the spring and fall offer comfortable travel temperatures.The spring has more precipitation than the fall. We traveled in February for 6 days and had a strong shower as we left Petra and more showers the night we stayed at Sun City Wadi Rum but otherwise it was dry.

DH and I toured Jordan in mid February 2020 as an extension tour ahead of our Nile River cruise trip and just prior to "you know what" that shut down travel. We choose February to avoid the heat of the Egypt portion which worked perfectly as we had great sunny, warm but not hot temperatures  in Egypt. Jordan, being farther north was cooler. My pictures of Petra are similar to those already posted so will not repeat the pictures. The day we toured Petra we were dressed in light winter jackets and our Bedouin guide wore a heavy sweat shirt covered by a down vest. We're from Canada so those that live in warmer climates, think jackets for Alaska.

We also visited Aqaba. Aqaba is farther south and being on the coast, has a milder climate. We enjoyed a self guided walking tour of the market and spice market area followed by a patio happy hour with the other 6 travellers in our tour. Temperatures were most comfortable for short sleeves and capris.

Would highly recommend a trip to Jordan.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Good evening. 
Always wanted to go to Petra.  Pictures make it even more a travel wish.

great day here.  Long bike ride this morning before it got too warm. Grandkids were well behaved on the ride to and from school.  I don’t blame them when we have to sit in traffic for a long while on the way home.  Friends are feeling better and one gets retested tomorrow to see if she has COVID.   Medical people think her first test was a false negative.  Won’t really matter in the scheme of things for them. They will definitely finish their quarantine.  We are taking comfort food to them tomorrow to leave on their front porch.  Nothing like a  chocolate and muffins to lift spirits.  

Enjoyed reading all the posts.  Thanks to you all.  Stay safe and tomorrow is hump,day!  Wear your masks.  

• Like 12

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

We were also warned by my guide that they were not recommended for people with back issues.  They gallop over quite rough surfaces.

Roy

Kind of late today as had a couple of doctor's appointments.  First was to a dermatologist to check out all the "barnacles" I have developed in my old age.  She verified that all were benign which was good to hear.  Then this afternoon to a podiatrist to rip off a big toe nail that was growing in on itself.  That turned out OK, also, but I think I will skip my morning walk tomorrow.

We visited Petra a few years ago and I enjoyed the pictures.  Had an excursion arranged by a CC member.  We walked to the bottom and back again.  Some of the path is quite narrow there and imagine what it is like as a horse cart comes galloping through when there is room for only the horse cart.  Had a couple of close calls, but it was a great place to visit.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Just checking back in this afternoon. I had heard of Petra, but had no idea of it’s strange beauty. It had not been on my bucket list and unfortunately between the walking and the heat, I’ll probably not make it there, but thanks to those who shared pictures, they were stunning.

I could not find a picture of my DBIL on stilts, but I am sharing a photo I did find, kind of what he looked like. Plasterers are much in demand for some of our oldest, most beautiful buildings here in St Louis. There are not as many craftsmen as there used to be. My DBIL is retired now, but some years ago he was plastering a stairwell at the St Louis Art Museum when his scaffolding broke and he fell two stories to the bottom. He recovered and returned to work, but with plates and pins in his feet. He continues to have leg and back pain related to it.

I toasted our celebration list with not one, but two glasses of Chardonnay at lunch! Tomorrow will be my long day at the hospital for my lumbar puncture, my final dose of trial drug. Will try to check in between fun tests. 

St Louis Sal

81FBE36A-842A-41C3-A6DE-0AAD510E9DE1.jpeg

Prayers 🙏 and best wishes for tomorrow.

We are leaving for church in 30 minutes so I will say a prayer for you.

🤞 Hopefully the trial drug is extremely successful.

Graham.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Tomorrow will be my long day at the hospital for my lumbar puncture, my final dose of trial drug.

Best wishes for good results today. 🙏🏻 

• Like 1