Free At Sea Shore Excursions = Multiple Excursions?

Hi everyone, 

Hope youre doing awesome today!

Ive not sailed NCL yet but looking forward to it in December. 

From the T &C on the Free At Sea Shore Excursion -- The first guest may redeem the promotion of $50 Shore Excursion Credit on more than one shore excursion per port.

Am I correct in reading that no matter how many excursions the lead person in the cabin goes on, they get $50.00 towards every one, whether at the same port in the same day or every port on each day -  You get the credit multiple times? 

Thank you 

4 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

Hi everyone, 

Hope youre doing awesome today!

Ive not sailed NCL yet but looking forward to it in December. 

From the T &C on the Free At Sea Shore Excursion -- The first guest may redeem the promotion of $50 Shore Excursion Credit on more than one shore excursion per port.

Am I correct in reading that no matter how many excursions the lead person in the cabin goes on, they get $50.00 towards every one, whether at the same port in the same day or every port on each day -  You get the credit multiple times? 

Thank you 

As far as I know, the lead passenger gets $50 off excursions per port. I don't think that you would get $100 off if you took two excursions at one port - and doubt whether you would have time to do that anyway!

Huh, everyone else is saying no. I just booked a bunch of excursions for me and my family during our time at Bermuda on the Oct 3rd, 2021 cruise. I got $50 off each excursion I booked (because I’m the one who booked the room). It is each excursion… at least currently it is! 🙂  Oh and we have 2 excursions booked for the first day, exploring on the towns and a night excursion to the Bermuda Triangle (which I hope is fun and hokey). 🙂 

Edited by SwimmingDragon
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, SwimmingDragon said:

Huh, everyone else is saying no. I just booked a bunch of excursions for me and my family during our time at Bermuda on the Oct 3rd, 2021 cruise. I got $50 off each excursion I booked (because I’m the one who booked the room). It is each excursion… at least currently it is! 🙂  Oh and we have 2 excursions booked for the first day, exploring on the towns and a night excursion to the Bermuda Triangle (which I hope is fun and hokey). 🙂 

Well I am going to try that for our next cruise!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SwimmingDragon said:

Thats good to hear.  Its unusual to have the time for 2 excursions on the same day.  But Bermuda does have long days so its good to hear someone getting their maximum discount 🙂

• Like 1

I was able to use the $50/off on two excursions at the same port (a morning excursion and an afternoon excursion) on a long-ish port day, but it's rare that you can find two that don't overlap and leave enough time in between in case the first is delayed getting back.

5 hours ago, SwimmingDragon said:

Thank you everyone, 
This is how I understood it as well.  I will confirm this weekend when I go through all the choices. Thats a great idea SwimmingDragon if youve got the time at port, capture am & pm.

Have to maximize all the dollars we can...LOL 

5 minutes ago, greatestvalue said:

Thank you everyone, 
This is how I understood it as well.  I will confirm this weekend when I go through all the choices. Thats a great idea SwimmingDragon if youve got the time at port, capture am & pm.

Have to maximize all the dollars we can...LOL 

Yes, the $50 credit will be applied to as many excursions you have time to take- you can't book any that conflict.  You can also apply it to a post-cruise excursion if you have the time before your flight - most of them are city tours, ending at either the airport or city-center hotels.

The NCL website has a habit of blocking any conflicting excursions once you've booked something, which means you won't be able to see everything if you are rethinking your choices.  I believe if you mark everything as a "favorite" before you book anything you can still see everything as a favorite.  Otherwise, you can manually review excursions port by port from the main NCL page (not my NCL).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hadacareer said:

Nope..tried that and asked on ship..and was advised not to do it anyway due to timings

7 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Its $50 off per excursion, per cabin, per port.

The answer:  No.  You cant take more excursions in port and get more than $50 off

They have changed the rules a couple of times in the past few years since I started cruising with NCL - for example, they used to split the promo between the first two guests on the ticket.

Per current T&C: The first guest may redeem the promotion of $50 Shore Excursion Credit on more than one shore excursion per port

You can't book if they conflict but yes, you can get $50 for each excursion if you manage more than one.  Found that out by accident - took 2 excursions in a port and thought they made an accounting error - in my favor for once!

Edited by julig22
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, julig22 said:

They have changed the rules a couple of times in the past few years since I started cruising with NCL - for example, they used to split the promo between the first two guests on the ticket.

Per current T&C: The first guest may redeem the promotion of $50 Shore Excursion Credit on more than one shore excursion per port

You can't book if they conflict but yes, you can get $50 for each excursion if you manage more than one.  Found that out by accident - took 2 excursions in a port and thought they made an accounting error - in my favor for once!

Good to know.  There is barely enough time in port to do one excursion so I am impressed people can muster 2 excursions on the same day.  I suppose it depends where you go and how long the ship is in port.

There are a few specific ports where this could be very handy.

For example, In St Petersburg you are usually there for two full days and NCL have a lot of half day excursions there. Theoretically, if you also do an evening visit to the Ballet then you could do 5 excursions there.

On 7/29/2021 at 7:56 AM, SwimmingDragon said:

If you are I. Port in Bermuda for three days, NCL counts that as 3 port calls or three $50 credits. 

6 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

If you are I. Port in Bermuda for three days, NCL counts that as 3 port calls or three $50 credits. 

That was under the old Terms & Conditions, which changed some time ago.  Now, the overnights are irrelevant to how many shorex the lead guest can take with the promo; the promo is per excursion, not per port.

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 6:24 AM, david_sobe said:

Its $50 off per excursion, per cabin, per port.

The answer:  No.  You cant take more excursions in port and get more than $50 off

While that was true under an older set of Terms & Conditions, it's not true now.  Folks really need to check the current Terms & Conditions to determine the correct answer to questions such as those posed by the OP.  The credit is no longer per cabin, nor per port.  It's available only to the first guest on the reservation (not per cabin) and to more than one excursion per port.

The T&Cs expressly state:

"$50 USD Shore Excursion Credit
Offer is applicable to first guest on the cruise reservation.
The first guest shall receive free shore excursions priced at $50 or less (“the promotion”) . . . 

The first guest may redeem the promotion of $50 Shore Excursion Credit on more than one shore excursion per port."

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

It's a use it or lose it perk. 

Many people ask do I get the credit, we'll not unless you book an excursion. 

So if you book online it will be deducted automatically, and on board it will be credited to your account.

But you have to book an excursion to get the credit at each port.