On Board Tracking Device - Question

travel4adventure

2 minutes ago, travel4adventure said:

Can anyone tell me what size the tracking device is that we are required to have on us at all times? Would it fit in a phone pocket?

I didn't measure it but guessing about 1 1/4" in diameter and about 1/4" thick.  Not sure what you mean by phone pocket but it definitely fits in a regular pocket. The lanyard has a removable portion to take it off the lanyard. I kept mine in my pocket the whole time.  One word of caution. It occasionally blinks (green, red, and other colors) as it is updating to the server - I had it next to my bed when sleeping one night and it woke me up. My wife put it in her shoe under the bed at night to stop it from bothering her and I did the same!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lisiamc said:

I often stuck mine in my bra when I didn’t want to wear a lanyard and was pocket-less.  It’s about the same size and thickness of two two-pound coins stuck together.

LOL, Mine was always flashing colors. It looked like a small lighted sparkler at times.  I had mine in my pocket of a white cotton capris. My sister was hysterical as she watched as  I walked across the Explorer floor in beat to the music of the guitarist.  My pocket was flashing the whole time, in different colors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Azulann said:

LOL, Mine was always flashing colors. It looked like a small lighted sparkler at times.  I had mine in my pocket of a white cotton capris. My sister was hysterical as she watched as  I walked across the Explorer floor in beat to the music of the guitarist.  My pocket was flashing the whole time, in different colors.

Mine never flashed and my wife's flashed all the time!   It was actually quite easy to ignore the landyards.  Most of our cruise wore them like red badges of courage!  Hardly any one hid them.

1848798773_IMG_1454ContactTracingLandyard.thumb.JPG.c45a5d0b8d5963bbde1da90fc95678dd.JPG

• Like 4

10 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Mine never flashed and my wife's flashed all the time!   It was actually quite easy to ignore the landyards.  Most of our cruise wore them like red badges of courage!  Hardly any one hid them.

1848798773_IMG_1454ContactTracingLandyard.thumb.JPG.c45a5d0b8d5963bbde1da90fc95678dd.JPG

Thanks for the pic. That helps a lot.

• Like 2

Yes - opinion seems divided about how visible they should be.

I'm sure I read somewhere that some passengers who put them in pockets/bags etc were challenged by crew members to prove they were being carried. It is a requirement of the Viking procedures that you wear them at all times outside your stateroom so if they are not visible then you risk being asked to prove you have it with you.

On our June UK Shores cruise my wife and I just stuck with the lanyard to avoid any undue hassle.

BTW we were not warned in advance that they would flash different colours at random times so we queried it with guest services. We were told that the blue and green flashing was when the device was communicating with the central data gathering system. Red flashing indicated that the devices battery was getting low. Not sure if that was correct or just an inspired off-the-cuff response.

39 minutes ago, arlowood said:

Yes - opinion seems divided about how visible they should be.

I'm sure I read somewhere that some passengers who put them in pockets/bags etc were challenged by crew members to prove they were being carried. It is a requirement of the Viking procedures that you wear them at all times outside your stateroom so if they are not visible then you risk being asked to prove you have it with you.

On our June UK Shores cruise my wife and I just stuck with the lanyard to avoid any undue hassle.

BTW we were not warned in advance that they would flash different colours at random times so we queried it with guest services. We were told that the blue and green flashing was when the device was communicating with the central data gathering system. Red flashing indicated that the devices battery was getting low. Not sure if that was correct or just an inspired off-the-cuff response.

We were on the July 17 Sky cruise around Iceland. I wore my tracker daily but it was always tucked inside my clothing. Never visible. I even pinned the lanyard inside one of my dresses I wore to dinner in the evening to make sure the red lanyard didn’t show. My husband always put his in his pants pocket. We were never asked if we were wearing them. My tracker flashed at least once daily. My husband’s never flashed that we were aware of. 

My husbands didn’t flash but mine did. After 48 hours we called at guest services to enquire about the non flashing. It turned out that it wasn’t on and hadn’t been since being given to him at the terminal oops!!

• Like 4

On 7/29/2021 at 11:04 AM, JM0115 said:

My wife put it in her shoe under the bed at night to stop it from bothering her and I did the same!

There is also a drawer in the night stand. DH uses it for his watch, etc., so there wasn't much of a chance he would forget to grab it in the morning. On the other hand, I never use the drawer because I know that I will forget about whatever I put in there. My disk lived in the little cross-body pouch that I use for room key and credit card; I never leave the cabin without it.

BTW, I was never asked if I had it on me.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 3:09 AM, Azulann said:

Mine never flashed very much.  I could have had a disco in my bra!  Now I feel like I missed out.  😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1