Military Shipboard Credit

Bxmt54

We have sailed on both Carnival and Princess many, many times.  I have been able to request military credit and shareholders credit each time.  We are now scheduled on the Carnival Mardi Gras and I was told that in order to get the military credit I had to

book under a military rate.  Does anyone know if that is true and if so when it went into effect?  

2 minutes ago, Bxmt54 said:

We have sailed on both Carnival and Princess many, many times.  I have been able to request military credit and shareholders credit each time.  We are now scheduled on the Carnival Mardi Gras and I was told that in order to get the military credit I had to

book under a military rate.  Does anyone know if that is true and if so when it went into effect?  

I have never received any type of military credit for sailing Carnival. In fact, my TA specializes in cruises for the military and has never mentioned or offered any additional military credit either. The only mention from Carnival is this: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2856/kw/military, but it only talks about them offering a military cruise rate (which tends to be only $15 cheaper than the Early Saver Rate for me).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bxmt54 said:

I may be mistaken, but Princess offers a military OBC option and Carnival offers a military cruise rate.  I have never received a military credit on Carnival before.  Hope I haven't missed out on some benefits.

Carnival only offers a military rate, no OBC for military.  You have to send in a copy of your DD 214 for each booking, if not active.  They do not keep it on file, for obvious security reasons.

Carnival does offer a military rate on many sailings. Sometimes there Is bonus obc of 25-50 bucks on those rates. Husband is a vet and we usually see the obc bonus on military rates around Memorial Day, Veterans Day, 4th of July.  We got 50 obc for booking a November cruise under the military  rate during the Memorial Day sale. You can only get military obc if you book a military rate that includes the obc with your booking. 

1 hour ago, CruisingFromLA said:

I have never received any type of military credit for sailing Carnival. In fact, my TA specializes in cruises for the military and has never mentioned or offered any additional military credit either. The only mention from Carnival is this: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2856/kw/military, but it only talks about them offering a military cruise rate (which tends to be only $15 cheaper than the Early Saver Rate for me).

Ditto.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, crdtrnr said:

Carnival only offers a military rate, no OBC for military.  You have to send in a copy of your DD 214 for each booking, if not active.  They do not keep it on file, for obvious security reasons.

Negative. I sent my PVP a copy of my DD-214 the first time I used her and she has taken care of everything from her end on all of my sailings afterwards.

17 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

Negative. I sent my PVP a copy of my DD-214 the first time I used her and she has taken care of everything from her end on all of my sailings afterwards.

My pvp had us send it to her each time as she was not allowed to save it for security and privacy purposes. We’ve asked too as it’s redundant to keep emailing it in.   It’s a your mileage may vary situation. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

My pvp had us send it to her each time as she was not allowed to save it for security and privacy purposes. We’ve asked too as it’s redundant to keep emailing it in.   It’s a your mileage may vary situation. 

Call carnival and ask them for the special address to fax or Email your DD-214 too I only ever had to send mine one time. The regular people you call at Carnival cant see that record but it is kept elsewhere. They dont File 13 it.

• Like 1

When I made the reservation thru Carnival, the lady said to send the DD-214 to interline@carnival.com and I did.  When I called today to check on it I was told there is no such thing so now I’m just kind of confused.  My shareholder credit was there.

P.S.  I did get a confirmation email that they received it.

Edited by Bxmt54

11 minutes ago, Bxmt54 said:

When I made the reservation thru Carnival, the lady said to send the DD-214 to interline@carnival.com and I did.  When I called today to check on it I was told there is no such thing so now I’m just kind of confused.  My shareholder credit was there.

P.S.  I did get a confirmation email that they received it.

Yes thats it. The person you talked to might be new and doesnt know about that Email addy.

3 hours ago, Bxmt54 said:

Military OBC never offered on a Carnival cruise. Princess is the only one that offers veterans OBC. It will be the same amount you get if you have at least 100 shares of Carnival stock, in addition to the stock OBC. As for any credit on board other then that. Nothing! From time to time Carnival does offer discounted military prices. No veterans OBC.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Military OBC never offered on a Carnival cruise. Princess is the only one that offers veterans OBC. It will be the same amount you get if you have at least 100 shares of Carnival stock, in addition to the stock OBC. As for any credit on board other then that. Nothing! From time to time Carnival does offer discounted military prices. No veterans OBC.

Sometimes the military rate has bonus obc with it. I have 50 dollars obc for my november cruise from the Memorial Day military rate promo. They usually have military bonus obc attached to the military rate around patriotic holidays…like 4th of July and Veterans Day. Otherwise it’s just a military rate unless you hit one of those special obc military promos. 

Just now, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Carnival doesn't offer Military OBC just the Rate which only saves you like $15. 

What they do offer sometimes is OBC but not often which can be at the same time they offer a military discount. Not military, the OBC does not change only the price. As you mentioned. No a lot at all.

Princess is better all the way around. Except for the steak house.

Does Carnival still have the "Friends and Family" special promo?  It is usually around Veterans Day.  You can offer your military rate to another booking, also.  We have done it several times before, but haven't seen it recently.   

On 7/29/2021 at 10:29 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Princess and Cunard are the only ones offering the Military OBC . Carnival does not .

• Like 1

Princess is the only one that offers the OBC for military - I requested it from Carnival after sending in the DD 214 and never heard back. Princess is our line of choice and they have always given the OBC without even asking anywhere from $100 to $250 for longer cruises. They are the BEST.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eclue said:

Princess is the only one that offers the OBC for military - I requested it from Carnival after sending in the DD 214 and never heard back. Princess is our line of choice and they have always given the OBC without even asking anywhere from $100 to $250 for longer cruises. They are the BEST.

Yes Princess but so does Cunard Line which is owned by Carnival.

4 hours ago, eclue said:

The reason you do not have to submit or ask for the military discount. The first time you applied they keep it on record for future sailing's. It is entered in your information for any cruises you may take. As for stock OBC. You must request that every time from any cruise line that offers OBC for owning the minimum stock required..

• Like 1

I couldn't find the address to send in the documents for the Veterans ship board credit as I've done for years. Finally i got a phone number to call and the guy implied that Carnival doesn't do the credit. He made sound like they never did. Oh well, I understand they've got to cut somewhere.

HOWEVER, Princess, as stated above still does the credit and you only do it once and your set. They even have an area on their site to see if your still on the list. 

Semper Fi.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DonD1234 said:

I couldn't find the address to send in the documents for the Veterans ship board credit as I've done for years. Finally i got a phone number to call and the guy implied that Carnival doesn't do the credit. He made sound like they never did. Oh well, I understand they've got to cut somewhere.

HOWEVER, Princess, as stated above still does the credit and you only do it once and your set. They even have an area on their site to see if your still on the list. 

Semper Fi.

Just go here and you will be all set. Military personnel benefit onboard credit program (princess.com)