Princess Phone Problems

geoherb

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Please, please, let us know the magic extension number.

52 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Would you happen to remember what that extension number is?? Maybe, some of us could cut out the "middle" man.

I honestly do not remember what he said, but I did find that I had this. Ext 13017 along with the "navigator # 844 525-0942.  I'm not positive it makes any difference, but it can't hurt.  If I do call again, I will use it and see what happens.  Good luck all and happy cruising in your future.

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

I think like other companies Princess is still ramping up their customer support areas.  With Delta and all the major airlines, people call to switch flights and are on hold for up to four hours.  Delta CEO says they are hiring or re-hiring staff and will back to 100% by September.  Maybe Princess is having the same issues; not enough phone staff to answer your questions or complaints.  One way to get satisfaction is to post your complaints on Princess Facebook Page or their Twitter Account.  They do not want bad press; and if you post on their public Facebook page, they will Instant Message you to discuss your issue.  I have done this with other companies and have gotten 100% satisfaction and issues resolved.  You don't have to do this but it's an option.

They could give a we'll call you back and you will not lose your place in line offer. It was not Delta, but United Airlines that did that with me. They gave a range of times that the call back would be within and actually called at the closest time.

And then there is my credit card company with which I sometimes get a message like excuse us for the long waiting time, followed by your expected wait is 2 minutes.🤣

OTOH, there is Ticketmaster which just says goodbye and hangs up.😒

Add to Princess' inconsistent but can be counted on....It really doesn't matter which phone number you call.  If you call 800 Princess, and push a number, you will get an agent who will "text" the Navigator.  If you call the 844 number, you may happen upon a Navigator, but more than likely reach a representative who will have to text support.  Only once was I "really" connected to a live navigator through a filtering agent.  If you live chat with someone, they will message a navigator.  It is awful.  

Thank you hpeabody for sharing your story.  It shows that we are not alone with this problem.

@cruznooze - You have mentioned that you were able to get an embarkation boarding time.  Would you please share when your cruise is (just month is okay).  Everyone else seems to be having trouble getting a boarding time...regardless of loyalty status or cabin.  I can't get a boarding time with a cruise that is 83 days out.  

OCEAN Navigator also said there would be an update on Friday (past) that would fix glitches (like boarding times).  Did not happen.  

Edited by cr8tiv1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@cruznooze - You have mentioned that you were able to get an embarkation boarding time.  Would you please share when your cruise is (just month is okay).  Everyone else seems to be having trouble getting a boarding time...regardless of loyalty status or cabin.  I can't get a boarding time with a cruise that is 83 days out.  

OCEAN Navigator also said there would be an update on Friday (past) that would fix glitches (like boarding times).  Did not happen.  

The people on my roll call reported being able to get a boarding time in the app 60 days before our cruise. I did not book it until this week (with 26 days to go). I couldn't get a boarding time in the app. It kept giving me an error message. The navigator with whom I spoke was able to do it. She also was able to get me an assigned dining time. Now that the app has updated, I was able to go in and change my dining time. My app updated automatically on my phone.