Will Regent Extend FCC Usage into 2023?

loriva

Crystal Cruises sent a notice to TAs yesterday that it is working on changing its World Cruise for 2022 into two Grand Voyages.  The announcement includes the statement "We do know with near certainty that many of our planned calls will not be available including those in Australia and New Zealand."  (Full statement is posted on the Crystal board.)

As such, it appears Regent will also need to change its WC itinerary for 2022 significantly--a topic of previous speculation here.  Clauses 11 and 12 of Regent's Ticket Contract (contract of carriage) seem to give the line pretty much carte blanche to make whatever changes it wants to its itineraries due to COVID-19.  Would that apply, however, if you booked your cruise prior to the changes to the Ticket Contract?  I've always understood cruise lines could change ports in any fashion, but thought that applied to the intermediary ones--not the ports of embarkation or debarkation.  But, of course, Regent did just that with its cruises on Splendor before the United Kingdom changed its quarantine policies.

So, if Regent opts to change the WC for 2022 significantly, what do experienced cruisers think Regent will offer if the new itinerary--either the full WC or segments--morphs to something completely different?  Will Regent allow FCCs from any cruises it cancels or changes significantly in 2022 to be used in 2023?  Many here have reported already having had difficulty finding cruises with itineraries or accommodations in 2022 on which to apply FCCs from cancelled cruises.

1 hour ago, loriva said:

Crystal Cruises sent a notice to TAs yesterday that it is working on changing its World Cruise for 2022 into two Grand Voyages.  The announcement includes the statement "We do know with near certainty that many of our planned calls will not be available including those in Australia and New Zealand."  (Full statement is posted on the Crystal board.)

As such, it appears Regent will also need to change its WC itinerary for 2022 significantly--a topic of previous speculation here.  Clauses 11 and 12 of Regent's Ticket Contract (contract of carriage) seem to give the line pretty much carte blanche to make whatever changes it wants to its itineraries due to COVID-19.  Would that apply, however, if you booked your cruise prior to the changes to the Ticket Contract?  I've always understood cruise lines could change ports in any fashion, but thought that applied to the intermediary ones--not the ports of embarkation or debarkation.  But, of course, Regent did just that with its cruises on Splendor before the United Kingdom changed its quarantine policies.

So, if Regent opts to change the WC for 2022 significantly, what do experienced cruisers think Regent will offer if the new itinerary--either the full WC or segments--morphs to something completely different?  Will Regent allow FCCs from any cruises it cancels or changes significantly in 2022 to be used in 2023?  Many here have reported already having had difficulty finding cruises with itineraries or accommodations in 2022 on which to apply FCCs from cancelled cruises.

Not so sure about that, we had booked a cruise that debarkation was in Los Angeles, got a letter from Regent that would be changed the new debarkation would be Lima Peru.

10 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

Not so sure about that, we had booked a cruise that debarkation was in Los Angeles, got a letter from Regent that would be changed the new debarkation would be Lima Peru.

Thanks, ronrick.  Did Regent give you the opportunity to cancel the cruise--without penalties--with this significant change or did you just have to accept the change or be faced with penalties for any change you decided to make?

14 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I have been told directly and repeatedly that FCC will not be extended until 2023....but to be fair, things change. We have a lot of them and currently have them all booked by the end of 2022.

Does that include FCCs for cruises departing in 2022 that have been cancelled or significantly changed?

It is my understanding, as told by multiple Regent employees, that FCC stopped being issued last Jan? and any currently on the books must be used by cruises sailing by 12/31/21....So my understanding is yes, they must be used. I am NOT saying that Regent won't change their policy and possibly refund your money if you have tried repeatedly to use them...who knows. I am not taking that risk.

26 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

It is my understanding, as told by multiple Regent employees, that FCC stopped being issued last Jan? and any currently on the books must be used by cruises sailing by 12/31/21....So my understanding is yes, they must be used. I am NOT saying that Regent won't change their policy and possibly refund your money if you have tried repeatedly to use them...who knows. I am not taking that risk.

Sorry for not explaining myself well.  These are FCCs issued for cruises cancelled prior to the change and applied to a segment of the WC for 2022.  Since we took the FCCs, we cannot obtain a refund.  Wondering--and none of us know, I understand--that should that cruise be cancelled or substantially changed if Regent will change its deadline for use of those FCCs beyond the current end of 2022 deadline.

Regent says no - they must be used by the end of 2022. This is and has been their stance every time I have asked. Still, if you try to use them and Regent keeps cancelling I don't see how they can not refund them...but that is conjecture on my part.

45 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Regent says no - they must be used by the end of 2022. This is and has been their stance every time I have asked. Still, if you try to use them and Regent keeps cancelling I don't see how they can not refund them...but that is conjecture on my part.

When Regent added their "exception to 100%" vaccination policy, wouldn't that be an approach for people to use when asking for an extension?

3 minutes ago, fizzy said:

When Regent added their "exception to 100%" vaccination policy, wouldn't that be an approach for people to use when asking for an extension?

I don't think Regent, nor any of the NCLH brands, stated that they would have 100% vaccination requirement past 31 October 2021.

13 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

I don't think Regent, nor any of the NCLH brands, stated that they would have 100% vaccination requirement past 31 October 2021.

Ah ...yes. I do believe you are right.

4 hours ago, loriva said:

Thanks, ronrick.  Did Regent give you the opportunity to cancel the cruise--without penalties--with this significant change or did you just have to accept the change or be faced with penalties for any change you decided to make?

This was about 6 mos before Covid, yes Regent did the right thing.  They gave you a choice of a full refund or take  $1000.00 ship broad credit, plus the cruise added 2 extra days.  We took the new cruise.  Two weeks later they reduced the price of the cruise $1000 which we didn’t get, until many calls to Regent.  We didn’t get a reduction in price, but did get another $1000.00 SBC.  Which isn’t the same as a refund.  So we booked another marketing it a b2b cruise.  Covid came and both cruises were canceled after that.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope you all get to use these “extras” that Regent is offering. At this moment in time, it’s not looking good for cruising to get going in earnest in 2021. Who knows what 2022 will bring. Once again, I thought we were seeing the light at the end of the tunnel early this summer but that light was another variant train coming toward us. I booked and cancelled (total refund) a dream anniversary cruise in 2020. I thought by the summer of 2021, it would surely be safe to book this same cruise for 2022 but I’m not laying down a nickel for any cruise at this time. I just can’t get my mind around how this all ends and when it will end.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1