Nightmare today at Port Everglades for people waiting to board the Edge because of new Covid testing

terrydtx

24 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Just got another report from my sister they are now in the AC part of terminal waiting to show Passport and proof of vaccination. It is 3:30 in FLL and they were in line since 11:30 that's 4 hours in the sun and heat.

4 hours in the heat.  Ugh.  I feel sorry for them.

I wonder if we will hear how many vaccinated people tested positive on this cruise.   There has to be a few, but are we talking 2/3 people or 20/30 or 100+?   The delta variant is very transmissible even for the vaccinated. 

Edited by lostchild
  • Like 1

Just now, lostchild said:

I wonder if we will hear how many vaccinated people tested positive on this cruise.   There has to be a few, but are talking 2/3 people or 20/30 or 100+?   The delta variant is very transmissible even for the vaccinated. 

TOTAL OF 7 VACCINATED. 2 WORKERS. DON was on that sailing. Here is his video.

1 minute ago, aquasea said:

Wonder if it is a CDC thing since there were cases onboard?

I don’t know about that. I read a post from a woman who was on board for a B2B. She said there were several positive cases the day before and those had to be confirmed with a PCR test. It sounded like there was a delay related to arrival of lab workers and processing - an outside lab? 

In any event, everything was delayed until it could be determined whether these people were actually positive because that would decide whether they could go on their way or be moved to a quarantine hotel.

Other ships have had such cases without the hold up so I don’t think it was CDC. I think it was simply a delay in the process.

Just now, zitsky said:

I don’t want people waiting in the sun but the reality is that status matters to Celebrity.  I’m not a suite customer but I know that comes with perks.

I’m also a suite person and realize the perks that come with booking and paying for them but the amount of time in the heat and sun that X has allowed everyone to deal with is just not fair regardless of accommodations booked. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, crimsonbird said:

After all this, Will be interested in knowing how many tested positive and therefore couldn't board.  

I wonder if X will ever give those numbers?  However it might help those who waited in line to know  that they eliminated the possibility of getting the virus from people who were positive at boarding unless they were in line close to them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Inside the terminal. Port personnel outside says the testing was abandoned 

Does this mean they are not testing some people at the end of the line?  That makes no sense.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, aquasea said:

TOTAL OF 7 VACCINATED. 2 WORKERS. DON was on that sailing. Here is his video.

I was thinking of the results of the current pre-cruise test.   So far until now, only the un-vaccinated needed to take a test before cruise.   It would be interesting to see if you randomly test 2000 people without symptoms, how many will test positive. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, cdcummings said:

Yes, I agree with you; that makes sense, but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask. Thank you for keeping us posted, Terry!

@cdcummings I hope you will log on tomorrow and advise how things are going on Equinox.  BTW where  did you get the test so quickly?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1