Jet Blue should I be considering this airline for travel.

phillyguy31

Looking at next year and Jet Blue has some very good prices for my trip. A little far to JFK but if it save me 200 x 3 I would consider it, but only if using JB doesn’t mess up my entire vacation. Who else has flown with them and is it worth it.

Great airline.  (Our favorite)  BUT, remember that they do not "interline" with anyone else, so if your flight gets cancelled, you can only rebook on them.  This is not an issue with their more popular routes (Where they have 2-3 or more flights daily) but if you book to somewhere they only fly once a day.....)

Of course this also goes back to "Rule number 1"   (NEVER fly to your departure port the day your cruise departs..... NEVER)

• 2 weeks later...

if you are flying to a cruise in the Miami area you should be good.  JFK is JetBlue's largest hub and Fort Lauderdale is most likely in the top 5.  This will give you lots of opportunities to pick up alternative flights or for the airline to substitute aircraft if the something goes wrong.

I haven't flown on JetBlue for quite some time, but my memories of the past were favorable in terms of onboard comfort and service.   I assume that your savings estimate is an all number including all of the baggage costs and any other incidentals you want to consider switching between PHL and JFK.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We did a flight from San Jose, Costa Rica to Orlando.  It was fine and considerably less expensive than some of the other options.

Certainly just as good, or better than our AA flight from Miami to Liberia, Costa Rica which was 2X plus the price.

• 2 weeks later...

We have found JetBlue to be a very (relatively speaking) pleasant airline.

No frills, but no nonsense, either.

Note:  We have not flown since 2019, so can't speak of anything more recent.

They also have very nice snacks, certainly nothing like the "3 pretzel package" of some airlines...

Nice variety, regular sizes, and "as much as you want" in most cases.  (That's a problem, given that we tend to like a few of their offerings. 😉  )

And their "extra leg room" provides a lot of extra space.

We also finally gave their MINT service a try, en route back from a Caribbean stay.  VERY pleasant indeed.

We were really able to sleep, and their little hot snacks were surprisingly tasty.  Not a full meal, but much better than a "full meal of something almost inedible".

We fly them whenever we can.

GC