Hotels on Las Ramblas

bbqbears

I am in the process of exploring hotels for our September 2022 pre and post cruise stay in Barcelona.  I have stayed at Hotel Continental Palacete twice and am leaning toward that one, but am wondering what the "typical" rate is for a hotel on Las Ramblas these days?  I'm guessing that everything will be more expensive post-COVID as businesses try to recoup some of their losses.  

....or in the Bari Gotic (Gothic Quarter) but just off Las Ramblas. You still have the proximity to everything but a bit quieter and not wall-to-wall tourists.

There are a number of smaller nice boutique hotels tucked into the old streets.

I stayed in the lovely boutique H10 Raco del Pi for about $100/night several years ago. Extremely well located for my sightseeing and there was a great bakery across the street and a wonderful place for tapas down at the Raco del Pi Placa. I do know their rates vary by season.

• 6 months later...

Another recommendation for H10 Raco del Pi. I paid around €400 for a 3 night weekend stay for a twin room with balcony and breakfast included last October.

The nearby basilica features in the latest installment of The King's Man movie series.

Note: my usual goto budget option when I'm solo is Hotel Curious.  Well located, clean and good breakfast.  Tiny rooms though.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

• 2 months later...
On 8/1/2021 at 11:32 AM, bbqbears said:

I am in the process of exploring hotels for our September 2022 pre and post cruise stay in Barcelona.  I have stayed at Hotel Continental Palacete twice and am leaning toward that one, but am wondering what the "typical" rate is for a hotel on Las Ramblas these days?  I'm guessing that everything will be more expensive post-COVID as businesses try to recoup some of their losses.  

How did you like Hotel Continental Palacete? I just booked it for October and will be there for 4 nights 

• 2 months later...
  • Dolls 123-I am so sorry, I somehow lost this stream of discussion and just coming back to it.  Re: The Hotel Continental -here are pictures of the main gathering room and the buffet which they have out 24/7. You can't tell from the picture, but there are doors in that gathering room which open onto balconies that overlook La Rambla.   I don't have any pictures of the rooms which can go from palatial to dark and tiny (the inside rooms with out windows).  I've stayed in both, and frankly, didn't spend a lot of time in the room so didn't care if the room was small.  We have booked rooms there for a couple of days before our cruise and the same after.  I hope you enjoy your trip. 

image000000.jpg

image000002.jpg

Bbq, from website photos, it looks like the Hotel Continental Palacete.  Is that right?  I am booked for 2 nights there in Versailles suite pre-cruise later this year.  Got recommendations from CC "Hotels in Madrid and Barcelona".  Looked at all of them, and this one seemed to be right for us.  Will be 1st stay.  Any 1st hand advice will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Edited by FetaCheese
Addl info

FetaCheese-yes, that's right.  This will be my third stay at the Continental Palacete.  My brother and sister-in-law shared those pictures I posted, and they feel the same way I feel about the place.  I believe our first stay there was 15 years ago, and my second trip was 10 years ago-but from the pictures and interactions with the staff r/t my upcoming trip, it doesn't appear to have changed.  There are some funky things about it-the inside, windowless rooms are an example.  Like everything else, the price has increased, but considering the complementary food and beverages (including beer and wine), it's reasonable.   We loved the location.  The staff have always been attentive.  

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Charmslittleworld said:

Hi everyone

Unfortunately The Hotel Continental is booked out when we want to go.  The Majestic Hotel, El Avenida and NH Gran Hotel Calderon are available.  Any recommendations?

Did you try Hotel Continental Palacete?