Deployment 2023-24 booking season begins

On 9/9/2022 at 7:01 PM, Biker19 said:

Assume the latter - never.

Such a shame if that is the case as our Baltic cruise was one of the best we did. Since this all began we have land holidayed in Latvia and were in Gdansk Poland last week for a city break from the UK without any concerns at all but can obviously understand the RCI decision.

2 minutes ago, Tin can said:

Such a shame if that is the case as our Baltic cruise was one of the best we did. Since this all began we have land holidayed in Latvia and were in Gdansk Poland last week for a city break from the UK without any concerns at all but can obviously understand the RCI decision.

Would love to know the reasons why they are abandoning stops in Corsica, Sardinia, Portofino, Palermo, Villefranche, La Seyne Sur Mer…..all fantastic ports imho in favour of the same old same old….

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, little britain said:

Would love to know the reasons why they are abandoning stops in Corsica, Sardinia, Portofino, Palermo, Villefranche, La Seyne Sur Mer…..all fantastic ports imho in favour of the same old same old….

I agree Portofino and Villefranche Sur Mer are just fabulous. The 'same old same old' is one of the reasons we are venturing East next year around the Greek Isles. 

1 hour ago, Ethanol95 said:

It's okay. One's loss is another's win. Singapore wins 🤣.

Still waiting for Disney to announce its expansion in Asia 😁

We all loose as there could have been Wonder of the seas in the equation and you are stuck with spectrum.

The cruise terminal is now a quarantine station.

E65AAC2E-1DA0-414A-9F1A-624C984563FA.thumb.png.c1cc9bf5a1974448edc61ad84604ed16.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

We all loose as there could have been Wonder of the seas in the equation and you are stuck with spectrum.

The cruise terminal is now a quarantine station.

E65AAC2E-1DA0-414A-9F1A-624C984563FA.thumb.png.c1cc9bf5a1974448edc61ad84604ed16.png

I'm talking about from a global progressive perspective. Singapore is continuing to evolve as a fly-cruise hub, probably much faster than it would have if Hong Kong/Shanghai/ Beijing was in the mix

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

I'm talking about from a global progressive perspective. Singapore is continuing to evolve as a fly-cruise hub, probably much faster than it would have if Hong Kong/Shanghai/ Beijing was in the mix

I think there’s still a chance of Wonder coming to the Pacific if they deploy Spectrum to Tokyo over the northern summer.

Edited by Chiliburn

7 minutes ago, STEVE-O said:

(Not so) patiently waiting for Hawaii and Alaska 2024 sailings.

The chart said "Week of Nov 7" but it's already....TUESDAY!!

I’m also patiently waiting for Hawaii…..well TRYING to patiently wait 🤪

I hope it’s posted here when it does open up, I don’t like to keep checking royals site

I'm booked on the 12 day Spectrum cruise from Singapore to Japan next summer. It stops in Hong along along the way. I'd be disappointed if that stop is eliminated, but it's almost a year away so hopefully that won't be the case by July. 

I was surprised to see the ship is already selling out, but maybe they've just blocked out some of the rooms in order to keep capacity low enough to make the Asian port stops.

Suites are insane prices. Over $8,000 for 2 people in a regular Junior suite. $18,000 for   A "sky" junior suite, and then you're looking at $20,000-$70,000 for grand suite through ultimate family suite for just 2 people! That can't be right. Are people really paying these prices?

22 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I’m also patiently waiting for Hawaii…..well TRYING to patiently wait 🤪

I hope it’s posted here when it does open up, I don’t like to keep checking royals site

We're on a B-4-B on Ovation starting in March 2024.  So far, we've made it to Honolulu and would like to make it back to the mainland....

2 minutes ago, STEVE-O said:

We're on a B-4-B on Ovation starting in March 2024.  So far, we've made it to Honolulu and would like to make it back to the mainland....

You already booked 2024? How? Last time we did Hawaii we flew there and cruised back to Vancouver and that was in May.  I haven’t seen any 2024 to Hawaii yet!

32 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

You already booked 2024? How? Last time we did Hawaii we flew there and cruised back to Vancouver and that was in May.  I haven’t seen any 2024 to Hawaii yet!

We booked 4 consecutive sailings out of Sydney starting March 22 2024 .  The 4th one is the Transpacific which ends in Honolulu.

We're now waiting for the HNL to Vanc BC which will likely sail April 30 2024

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, STEVE-O said:

We booked 4 consecutive sailings out of Sydney starting March 22 2024 .  The 4th one is the Transpacific which ends in Honolulu.

We're now waiting for the HNL to Vanc BC which will likely sail April 30 2024

oh that makes sense….  We want to fly to Hawaii and spend some time there and then cruise back. We’ve done that a couple of times, I’m just hoping the Hawaii portion includes Kauai. I saw one this year (I think) that wasn’t as good as we’ve had in the past.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

oh that makes sense….  We want to fly to Hawaii and spend some time there and then cruise back. We’ve done that a couple of times, I’m just hoping the Hawaii portion includes Kauai. I saw one this year (I think) that wasn’t as good as we’ve had in the past.

We did the reverse last month. Vanc to Hawaii on Quantum. Only Hawaii stop was Maui (other than the disembark port of Honolulu).

I'd never recommend that itinerary to someone who wanted a good overview of the islands

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STEVE-O said:

(Not so) patiently waiting for Hawaii and Alaska 2024 sailings.

The chart said "Week of Nov 7" but it's already....TUESDAY!!

Never can tell. Many times scored at 5pm-8pm EST Tuesday, few yrs back was 3am EST Wed am when I got my Cabin minutes after opening. Then there is many that they postponed for days or weeks and don't tell us til later. Lot sleepless nites for me last dozen yrs all so I can get my B2B in my same favorite Cabin, that makes it 100% worth it to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I'm booked on the 12 day Spectrum cruise from Singapore to Japan next summer. It stops in Hong along along the way. I'd be disappointed if that stop is eliminated, but it's almost a year away so hopefully that won't be the case by July. 

I was surprised to see the ship is already selling out, but maybe they've just blocked out some of the rooms in order to keep capacity low enough to make the Asian port stops.

Suites are insane prices. Over $8,000 for 2 people in a regular Junior suite. $18,000 for   A "sky" junior suite, and then you're looking at $20,000-$70,000 for grand suite through ultimate family suite for just 2 people! That can't be right. Are people really paying these prices?

Yes i believe no blocking is happening. Its a very popular itinerary and many locals from SG love to travel to Japan. (it's our favourite travel destination by survey, so seems likely that this is the reality of the availability). We've never had this type of itinerary option before, so only natural that its popular with travellers from near and far. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Royal is still on about Wonder coming to Australia.

It wouldn’t be here year round and the only place for it in March to October is Singapore. 

Yea but now that royal has year round deployment, i don't think they will go back to seasonal deployment, it's like a slight downgrade, no matter what ship is deployed here. 

Edited by Ethanol95

11 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Yea but now that royal has year round deployment, i don't think they will go back to seasonal deployment, it's like a slight downgrade, no matter what ship is deployed here. 

What I’m saying is Singapore could have spectrum for 6 months and Wonder for the other 6 months.

• Like 1