Aren't Cruise Lines Proving Vaccines Work?

Yes it proves not only does vaccinations work but CCL safe guards are pretty effective. I hope no information is being witheld as this is how the general public makes their informed decisions. This Delta variant is just getting started. Just recently Saint Martin, Martinique, & USVI has joined BVI in the designation of "Level 4: Covid-19 Very High" meaning people should avoid traveling to these locations. Those who must travel should be fully vaccinated first. I have a cruise in January on the Glory out of NOLA that goes to Roatan, Belize City, & Cozumel. If it is cancelled I won't be disappointed cuz mask wearing and vacation should not go hand in hand.

COVID-19 Travel Recommendations by Destination

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cleanandsober88 said:

Yes it proves not only does vaccinations work but CCL safe guards are pretty effective. I hope no information is being witheld as this is how the general public makes their informed decisions. This Delta variant is just getting started. Just recently Saint Martin, Martinique, & USVI has joined BVI in the designation of "Level 4: Covid-19 Very High" meaning people should avoid traveling to these locations. Those who must travel should be fully vaccinated first. I have a cruise in January on the Glory out of NOLA that goes to Roatan, Belize City, & Cozumel. If it is cancelled I won't be disappointed cuz mask wearing and vacation should not go hand in hand.

I was just reading some of that. We were in Curacao a couple of weeks ago on Horizon

The following 16 destinations moved to the CDC's "Level 4: COVID-19 Very High" category on August 2: Andorra, Curaçao, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Iran, Ireland, Isle of Man, Kazakhstan, Lesotho, Libya, Malta, Martinique, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Martin and US Virgin Islands.

1 hour ago, cleanandsober88 said:

Idk if any carnival go to st Thomas. Yesterday allure sailings dumped all non vaccinated pax with no warnings. St. Thomas the ship cant even stop if the whole ship isnt vaccinated. So starting next weekend allure will be 100% vaccinated. 

Imo they should have replaced St. THomas or skipped it, not said ok poof. People have flights booked and hotels. 

Once again color me glad I'm on carnival restarting.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, historyteacher41877 said:

I was just listening to the La Lido Loca vlog on youtube.  He just got off the Celebrity edge and said it was a 98% vaccinated ship.  They announced every covid case and by the end of the week, there were 7.  The ship sails with 2900 passengers at full capacity.  For arguments sake here, lets say they sailed with 1500.  Those 7 positives represent .4% of that of number. So 99.6% of passengers didnt get covid thanks to vaccines.  Now I know what some might be thinking and that how do you know they did not transmit it to others that will test positive this week.  So lets bring that number to 50.  Thats 3.3 %.  96.7% of the vaccinated passengers were fine if 50 people tested positive after the cruise.  Am I off with this thinking?  Shouldnt the cruise lines and the cdc be touting these numbers as proof?  I am no expert so curious what others think. 

Not to be a negative nelly, but I am far more interested in whether there were any cases from those who sailed for the 14 days after disembarkation, given the incubation period.  I’m not sure if those numbers get released.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Baxter1234 said:

Not to be a negative nelly, but I am far more interested in whether there were any cases from those who sailed for the 14 days after disembarkation, given the incubation period.  I’m not sure if those numbers get released.

I was just going to write the same thing.  Wonder if any kind of survey is sent out to passengers to see if there were any cases after debark.  Then again, I am sure the cruise lines don't want that info out there.  At that point they would probably say "that case of covid could have been picked up anywhere - not on OUR line."

4 hours ago, pe4all said:

I was just going to write the same thing.  Wonder if any kind of survey is sent out to passengers to see if there were any cases after debark.  Then again, I am sure the cruise lines don't want that info out there.  At that point they would probably say "that case of covid could have been picked up anywhere - not on OUR line."

I guess it is left up to honesty (of the positive person) whether they tell they have been on a cruise and if the state or local department notifies CDC

From CDC

• Yellow status means the ship has met the threshold for CDC investigation because the ship has met one of the following criteria:
    • at or above the investigation threshold for crew COVID-19 cases,
    • at or above the investigation threshold for passenger COVID-19 cases; or
    • state or local health department notified CDC of passenger COVID-19 cases occurring within 5 days of disembarkation.

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Idk if any carnival go to st Thomas. Yesterday allure sailings dumped all non vaccinated pax with no warnings. St. Thomas the ship cant even stop if the whole ship isnt vaccinated. So starting next weekend allure will be 100% vaccinated. 

Imo they should have replaced St. THomas or skipped it, not said ok poof. People have flights booked and hotels. 

Once again color me glad I'm on carnival restarting.

This is the release on US Virgin Islands and St. Kitts.  There will be itinerary changes or no unvaxxed over 12.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/08/02/us-virgin-islands-requires-all-cruise-ship-passengers-12-and-older-be-fully-vaccinated

21 hours ago, BrotherCraig said:

Yeah, we never gotten sick on a cruise either... knock on wood.  lol  Yes, I wish we could go back to that for sure.  Hopefully someday soon.

I haven't gotten it on the ship but I got it when my mother and my daughter got back from a cruise once.

On 8/2/2021 at 3:49 PM, historyteacher41877 said:

I was just listening to the La Lido Loca vlog on youtube.  He just got off the Celebrity edge and said it was a 98% vaccinated ship.  They announced every covid case and by the end of the week, there were 7.  The ship sails with 2900 passengers at full capacity.  For arguments sake here, lets say they sailed with 1500.  Those 7 positives represent .4% of that of number. So 99.6% of passengers didnt get covid thanks to vaccines.  Now I know what some might be thinking and that how do you know they did not transmit it to others that will test positive this week.  So lets bring that number to 50.  Thats 3.3 %.  96.7% of the vaccinated passengers were fine if 50 people tested positive after the cruise.  Am I off with this thinking?  Shouldnt the cruise lines and the cdc be touting these numbers as proof?  I am no expert so curious what others think. 

I think you are correct but there is one thing the public fails to think about.  Everyone can catch covid19, because the virus doesn't ask you for your shot card.  The virus moves in and tries to establish a beachhead in the respiratory system.  But in short order antibodies push it out but during the window of time a person would test positive.  So you will have "breakthrough" cases.  I think the cruise lines are doing a great job and controlling outbreaks especially with this Delta variant.  My concern is peoples over reaction to the situation.  

• Like 2