CCL to RCCL covid test

trippintex

we will be on CCL geting off oct,3 in galveston then then walking 200 yeards and getting on  RCCL oct3 in galveston and need a covid test to get on now, new rules, will ccl test people doing back to back but different cruise lines?

5 minutes ago, Dadofsix said:

I would bet that would be a negative. Don't think CCL would offer to supply you a test to sail the competitor. They will provide you a free test if you are a B2B with CCL though.

I have to agree with Dadof6. All expenses on your new cruise, once off a Carnival ship, is to be paid by you. I'd suggest you go over to RCCL forum and ask the exact same question and see what they say. 

You cruise with Carnival ended, when you stepped onto the terminal floor in Galveston. 

10 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

I have to agree with Dadof6. All expenses on your new cruise, once off a Carnival ship, is to be paid by you. I'd suggest you go over to RCCL forum and ask the exact same question and see what they say. 

You cruise with Carnival ended, when you stepped onto the terminal floor in Galveston. 

Idk what she would ask. OP maybe you you can get a uber to cvs. Make sure you are booked for the test.

30 minutes between ships lol, might be tight to get a test.

I have to board with a test in dec for rcl. New protocol. We all hate it. 

I doubt even rcl can tell you they will do a covid test for the new $178 ..maybe give it a little time.

Things are so up in the air and change daily. Who knows now. Let us know if you get a answer.

Edited by firefly333

33 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk what she would ask. OP maybe you you can get a uber to cvs. Make sure you are booked for the test.

Maybe she could take the test once she's onboard the RCCl ship? Or during embarkation procedures? I don't think that Carnival can bear any expenses what so ever for  this 2nd voyage, albeit only 30 minutes apart. Totally different contracts, limits of responsibility, etc. From the time she steps off the Galveston CCL terminal, Carnival is absolved of any responsibility, and it becomes RCCL when she gets on board. 

33 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

30 minutes between ships lol, might be tight to get a test.

I have to board with a test in dec for rcl. New protocol. We all hate it. 

I doubt even rcl can tell you they will do a covid test for the new $178 ..maybe give it a little time.

Things are so up in the air and change daily. Who knows now. Let us know if you get a answer.

1 hour ago, trippintex said:

we will be on CCL geting off oct,3 in galveston then then walking 200 yeards and getting on  RCCL oct3 in galveston and need a covid test to get on now, new rules, will ccl test people doing back to back but different cruise lines?

Edited by CruisinMama2003

What if someone showed up at the medical center the day before the cruise ended and asked to be tested because they didn't feel comfortable with some of the people they had been around on the cruise?  Would they deny a test, or charge them in which case their insurance may or may not cover it.  They would have the results before the end of the cruise.

According to vloggers, if you show up to embark on an RCCL ship off another ship on your embarkation questionnaire it will ask if you have been out of the country in the country in the last 10-14 days and if you say yes, they'll take you to a separate area and have you tested before you can board.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, keels81 said:

According to vloggers, if you show up to embark on an RCCL ship off another ship on your embarkation questionnaire it will ask if you have been out of the country in the country in the last 10-14 days and if you say yes, they'll take you to a separate area and have you tested before you can board.

When was the blog shot? This new protocol just hit I think last Thursday so idk myself how it will work. I think give it a couple weeks to see how its handled. How would you get thru screening without a test in hand? Rcl is making me dizzy so many changes. Give it a couple of weeks. What you suggest might work. I'd want rcl to confirm it before I just assumed it will work. Good idea!